XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    impished wrote:
    At least you avoided the dreaded wooden bridge, unlike some others here. (deadpool2e & bmjboy :roll: )

Please dont ever mention that bridge again! :(

Im still not walking right, Im a changed man!

I was SO slow in the corners on Saturday it was ridiculous, I only really hook it up on the last fast downhill section (maybe coz thats the dryest!) I need to phase that out sharpish!

Got throughly fed up of the mud tracks between sections, then passed a huge pile of gravel! - lay it down in those bits, its doing nothing sitting in a pile!

4 Days 'til Afan (Im still not counting you know!)
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    My crash was in some other woods, google Battle where I just moved to and note the Great Woods, time to build some hidden paths as only 1 minute ride from my house heh, big FC place.

Well aware of the wooden bridges in Bedgebury though, ive been ok on them touch wood (lol, oh dear!) but a friend binned it on one and flew off into the undergrowth so we did the only sensible thing and made him ride back 1 legged whilst we finished our lap :lol:
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    I was thinking Blean as selfishly its easiest for me ;)

I might be free on Sunday if anyone is up for a ride further afield?
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Blean it is then :P
    Can't do Sunday. Gotta go see my new knees.
  • impished
    impished wrote:
    Gotta go see my new knees.
    Sorry I meant neice :roll:
  • impished wrote:
    impished wrote:
    Gotta go see my new knees.
    Sorry I meant neice :roll:

Lol terrible as always Ade.

Maybe able to do a Sunday ride, also me and Russ are of next week wednesday so i you can get the day off it maybe worth it.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    pittpony wrote:
    Anyone up for a ride Wednesday evening / night? Blean?? 6.45pm??

I'm back, and so that is a big YES :D! Been raring to get back on the bike for ages, the first thing i did after walking through the door was go and stare at the bike for a few minuits, i mised her! It's bloody cold here though, might have to get the thermals out already as it was 34 deg C when we left Lombok!
  • impished
    I'm back, and so that is a big YES :D! Been raring to get back on the bike for ages, the first thing i did after walking through the door was go and stare at the bike for a few minuits, i mised her!
    Don't suppose you've got access to the car on Wednesday Andy and fancy a night ride round Bedgebury or BBH?
    Otherwise we'll stick to Blean. I'm easy :oops:
    It's bloody cold here though, might have to get the thermals out already as it was 34 deg C when we left Lombok!
    It's gonna be a shivery 1st ride for you then, eh :shock: Nice hols then, while we were all sitting in dreary offices :cry:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Welcome Home Andy, you have got some reading to do to catch up on whats been happening.

Mark did the same dropoff that i did at Surrey yesterday, we also both did a good double jump. My legs are still aching from the ride now.

I cant do any evening rides this week, mon/tue would be good for me?
  • andyturner28
    edited October 2008
    RussAlf wrote:
    Welcome Home Andy, you have got some reading to do to catch up on whats been happening.

Mark did the same dropoff that i did at Surrey yesterday, we also both did a good double jump. My legs are still aching from the ride now.

Cheers Russ. There was free internet in Kuala Lumpur airport last night so i cought up there, much to the annoyance of a crowd of other people waiting to get on the pc as i stood there for a good half hour giggling to myself :) If i have enough money do you fancy riding on Monday? I'v just ordered some 661 Evo knee pads for XC use. The knee is working again OK but it is still quite tender around the top of the kneecap, and i fear one more hard knock and i'll be out of action for a while. And it is absolutely covered in scars now it's not funny!

Ade- sorry i won't have the car on Wednesday, so we'll have to stick to Blean. I could get the train strait from work and do BBH though. What do you think Nick? It'll be my first ride for over 3 weeks though....
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    sorry to interupte the organising :lol:

now that im getting more confident i was wondering about a place to do a nice night ride

where would you guys recomend?

you can go back to your organising now 8)
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf wrote:

Cheers Russ. There was free internet in Kuala Lumpure airport last night so i cought up there, much to the annoyance of a crowd of other people waiting to get on the pc as i stood there for a good half hour giggling to myself :) If i have enough money do you fancy riding on Monday? I'v just ordered some 661 Evo knee pads for XC use. The knee is working again OK but it is still quite tender around the top of the kneecap, and i fear one more hard knock and i'll be out of action for a while. And it is absolutely covered in scars now it's not funny!

Ade- sorry i won't have the car on Wednesday, so we'll have to stick to Blean. I could get the train strait from work and do BBH though. What do you think Nick? It'll be my first ride for over 3 weeks though....

So those knees pads? xc use you say? by that do you mean commuting to work use? :D:D:D muhahahahahhaaa

I am off work on monday, we can sort a ride out if you wish. Should have my five ten shoes and slx cranks on by then so will be itching to test them out.
  • andyturner28
    Ha Ha very funny! So are you riding flats all the time now then? I admit there have been times on technical or scetchy bits where i would have fealt more comfortable with flats, but i couldn't go back to them permenantly. I think my DX's set up realy loose are a prety good compromise.
  • impished
    Ade- sorry i won't have the car on Wednesday, so we'll have to stick to Blean. I could get the train strait from work and do BBH though.
    I'm good with Blean. TBH, anywhere would be good.
  • RussAlf
    Ha Ha very funny! So are you riding flats all the time now then? I admit there have been times on technical or scetchy bits where i would have fealt more comfortable with flats, but i couldn't go back to them permenantly. I think my DX's set up realy loose are a prety good compromise.

Yeah riding flats all the time now, i prefer the freedom of movement you get with them. As you know im not worried about being clipped in on techy or sketchy sections so thats not the reason for the move. We had a hardcore ride around surrey yesterday and i dont think ive lost any speed on the downs but i do need to get used to them as i feel a bit unsettled at times but this is on skate shoes, hopefully five tens and time adjusting will solve this. I dont think ill be going back to clipless anytime soon, jumps are much better to.
  • pittpony
    OK Blean it is then :) 6.45 at Rough Common??
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    OK Blean it is then :) 6.45 at Rough Common??
    See ya tomorrow 18:45 @ Blean then :lol:
    Better dig out the charger 8)

p.s. As always, everyone welcome.
  • RussAlf
    edited October 2008
    Ade, Andy, Nick, BMJ and anyone else. Book Wednesday 29th of work. Lets go ride are bikes somewhere. At the moment im thinking, swinley/surrey in the morning followed by a good pub lunch followed by a session at esher shore.
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    Ade, Andy, Nick, BMJ and anyone else. Book Wednesday 29th of work. Lets go ride are bikes somewhere. At the moment im thinking, swinley in the morning followed by a good pub lunch followed by a session at esher shore.
    Tempting Russ, very very tempting. I'll check how much holiday i have tomorrow and let you know.
  • RussAlf
    Thats the spirit Nick
  • Oh yes, the 1 week I'm off college!!

Russ, is this definately on regardless of who shows up? And isn't BMJ away at Afan during that time, or is it just 2 days he's gone for?
  • RussAlf
    Yeah should be on no matter what, unless is heavy rain or something. Unsure at BMJ, he might well be recovering lol
  • Well I've asked the guys here if they're up for it, if not, and all going well.. I could perhaps scratch a lift with someone.. Ade? (if you can make it??)
    Knee is alot better, but have lost ALOT of fitness, so will be walking up most hills mostly because I could do damage it more by over doing it there.. I really would the slowest one haha
  • andyturner28
    Russ- I'd love to mate but i have actually gone over my holiday allowance by 3 days already so i have no chance! You still up for a ride on Monday? Think i still have enough left on my credit card even if there's nothng in the bank :roll: Don't you just love coming back from holiday completely skint!

John, i feel your pain. I had my first ride tonight after buggering mine up 3 weeks ago and it aint too strong at the moment. I even tried riding with pads tonight as the kneecap is still giving me jip and i don't want to risk falling on it again, but that just rubbed against where the cut was which hurt even more :evil: So you have no worries about me "killing you" tomorrow Nick and Ade :roll: That and my general lack of fitness at the moment- i did a grand total of 4 days in the jim, as i picked up some bug just after arriving in Lombok and spent several days on the loo. Think it was a dodgy Massy Goreng i had at the airport! What did you do to your knee John?
  • John, i feel your pain. I had my first ride tonight after buggering mine up 3 weeks ago and it aint too strong at the moment. I even tried riding with pads tonight as the kneecap is still giving me jip and i don't want to risk falling on it again, but that just rubbed against where the cut was which hurt even more :evil: So you have no worries about me "killing you" tomorrow Nick and Ade :roll: That and my general lack of fitness at the moment- i did a grand total of 4 days in the jim, as i picked up some bug just after arriving in Lombok and spent several days on the loo. Think it was a dodgy Massy Goreng i had at the airport! What did you do to your knee John?

Aye, wherever I go I think I'll be wearing knee n shins, just incase.

I'm not entirely sure what I done, all I remember was being totally blinded by a driver with his high beam on while going to work, after he'd passed me I couldnt do one full turn of the pedals without screaming with pain (the most I've ever felt, by far).
    Not sure if I hit him or anything, as I drifted out into the road - Really was like 'seeing the light at the end of the tunnel'
    Couldn't walk all weekend, gradually managed to get back on the bike but it gave me jip after a 1/2 mile or so.
    Having Electropuncture/Accupuncture now (Recommend it!) once a week and it's alot better.. I can get on the bike and sit down while riding.. Well, for about 2.5 miles..
  • Come on any more takers for next Wednesday? Will possibly be my last trip out for a few months as we are selling the car soon, to be replaced after Christmas.

So far we have
    Russ
    Mark (me)
    hopefully Nick
    any more?

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Bmjboy
    RussAlf wrote:
    Ade, Andy, Nick, BMJ and anyone else. Book Wednesday 29th of work. Lets go ride are bikes somewhere. At the moment im thinking, swinley/surrey in the morning followed by a good pub lunch followed by a session at esher shore.

Sorry guys, I will be back from Afan, but I run my own business and struggling to justify the time off as it is! - Its busy time for me with run up to xmas.

Oh the joys of being an Entrepreneur!

Will have to join you guys at some point though, hopefully I can keep up!

(2 Days to go....... :lol: )

• Bmjboy wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

Sorry guys, I will be back from Afan, but I run my own business and struggling to justify the time off as it is! - Its busy time for me with run up to xmas.

Oh the joys of being an Entrepreneur!

Will have to join you guys at some point though, hopefully I can keep up!

(2 Days to go....... :lol: )

Wish i was going yuo will have a very good time.

• Bmjboy
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Wish i was going yuo will have a very good time.

Cant wait now, days are really dragging along!

Although Ive got nothing ready yet, and the bike isnt even clean and serviced yet! Sods-law Im mega busy the week before I go away!

Will get loads of pics and try and to stay alive to share them!

Leaving at 4am Friday morning, meeting with our 4th rider at Reading somewhere and then try to hit Penhydd by about 9am!......

Woohoo! :lol: