• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    deadpool2e wrote:
    So far we have
    Russ
    Mark (me)
    hopefully Nick
    any more?
    I'm a definate no. :cry: I've got 1day holiday left and the missus seems to think I should use that for something called "christmas shopping" :shock:
    Gutted :evil:
    bmjboy wrote:
    Cant wait now, days are really dragging along!
    Have a good time mate. Looking forward to seeing the pics. :wink:
    So you have no worries about me "killing you" tomorrow Nick and Ade
    When I'm lying in a quivering heap, trying to lift my face out of the mud and watching you and Nick disapearing into the distance I'll remember your quote :wink:
  • impished wrote:
    When I'm lying in a quivering heap, trying to lift my face out of the mud and watching you and Nick disapearing into the distance I'll remember your quote :wink:

Ade have you not learnt nothing???? you shouldnt say those kinda things :shock:
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Come on any more takers for next Wednesday? Will possibly be my last trip out for a few months as we are selling the car soon, to be replaced after Christmas.

So far we have
    Russ
    Mark (me)
    hopefully Nick
    any more?

Ill be picking you up from the train stations from now on then.
  • RussAlf
    Russ- I'd love to mate but i have actually gone over my holiday allowance by 3 days already so i have no chance! You still up for a ride on Monday? Think i still have enough left on my credit card even if there's nothng in the bank :roll: Don't you just love coming back from holiday completely skint!

John, i feel your pain. I had my first ride tonight after buggering mine up 3 weeks ago and it aint too strong at the moment. I even tried riding with pads tonight as the kneecap is still giving me jip and i don't want to risk falling on it again, but that just rubbed against where the cut was which hurt even more :evil: So you have no worries about me "killing you" tomorrow Nick and Ade :roll: That and my general lack of fitness at the moment- i did a grand total of 4 days in the jim, as i picked up some bug just after arriving in Lombok and spent several days on the loo. Think it was a dodgy Massy Goreng i had at the airport! What did you do to your knee John?

Yup monday is still on for me.
  • RussAlf
    Mark i need some backup in the skinsuit debate in general chat :D:D
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Sorry guys - I don't think i'm going to make it on Wednesday. Holidays and cashflow are working against me at the moment :(

Still on for tonight though!! :twisted:
  • looks like its just me and you Russ.....

To the rescue on the Skin Suits....... :wink:

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished wrote:

so come on guys how was your ride last night?? i keep loitering around here to see if anyone has said anything

Or did the dreaded Ade curse strike again...... :shock:

• pittpony
    It was a good ride thanks Mark. A fairly brief one - I'd have taken on an extra 40 miles or so but for some reason someone wanted to give up after about 15 ;)

We just had a blast around the black / red route, did some of the singletrack near the car park then got lost on the long uphill section at the bottom of the steep fireroad hill.

It was pretty cold too - I'll definitely be wearing an extra layer and using my winter gloves / overshoes from the start next time! It didn't help that i had a flat near the end so we were stationary for a long time fixing that. Man my toes hurt when i got in the shower :shock:
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    It was a good ride thanks Mark. A fairly brief one - I'd have taken on an extra 40 miles or so but for some reason someone wanted to give up after about 15 ;)
    I could've kept going for a good while longer too. (after putting overshoes and a coat on 1st :shock: ). I now know Andy IS human after all. I heard him panting (oo-er :oops: ) for the first time.
    I just need Nick, Russ, Mark and Andy to get a dose of Delhi-belly at the same time and then I'll show'em who's fastest :wink:
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Yeah sorry guy's, i was bloody useless last night! Did we only do 15 miles? Well i suppose it wasn't too bad as for me it was 25 including the ride to and from Rough Common. I blame my lack of fitness on the last dregs of a case of "Bali Belli", as i had to leg it to the loo several times on Tuesday evening which i think left me a bit dehydrated. Well thats my excuse anyway and i'm sticking to it :twisted: And i was bloody freezing on the ride home, especially my hands as my gloves were soaking wet because it was so damp. Winter gloves are definately next on the shopping list. Can any of you reccomend some that are waterproof but don't cost silly money?
    I hope my fitness improves by Monday Russ, or it could be a bit of a slow ride :roll: Will definately be overdosing on energy drinks me thinks!
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Yeah sorry guy's, i was bloody useless last night! Did we only do 15 miles? Well i suppose it wasn't too bad as for me it was 25 including the ride to and from Rough Common. !

:o rough common

im planning to go there this weekend if the whether holds out :evil:

whats it like ?
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • pittpony
    stevet1992 wrote:

whats it like ?
    It's good fun if not very technical riding but you might be hard pushed to find your way around if you don't know where you're going. Maybe check out the Kent Trails website as they are there on Saturday, but check first if there is an age limit on their rides. Also be prepared for a fairly hard paced 3 hour ride - probably 25ish miles (at a guess)
  • stevet1992
    pittpony wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:

whats it like ?
    It's good fun if not very technical riding but you might be hard pushed to find your way around if you don't know where you're going. Maybe check out the Kent Trails website as they are there on Saturday, but check first if there is an age limit on their rides. Also be prepared for a fairly hard paced 3 hour ride - probably 25ish miles (at a guess)

just of missed them by one day :( going there sunday as i finish earlier

i should be alright finding my way going there with someone i met locally so thats all good :P

ccheers

• impished
    Be sure to let us know what you think of Blean, Stevet1992. Oh, and sorry for the lack of response to your "anywhere near Ashford" question ^^^^, but we're all a bit old (well some of us are older than others, eh :cry: ) and set in our ways and rarely venture outside our usual haunts.
    Maybe you should start a "XC in Ashford..." thread.
  • stevet1992
    impished wrote:
    Be sure to let us know what you think of Blean, Stevet1992. but we're all a bit old (well some of us are older than others, eh :cry: ) and set in our ways and rarely venture outside our usual haunts.
    Maybe you should start a "XC in Ashford..." thread.

will do

i would say its because your scarred i would outrun you :P but i think i would be telling a lie there :roll:
    Oh, and sorry for the lack of response to your "anywhere near Ashford" question ^^^^,

oo thats ok that your fault met someone now and we seem to get on 8)

ps: get paid in 2 weeks bring on the spending spree :twisted:

• andyturner28
    With reguards to the XC around Ashford question, i am not sure exactly where but i beleave there is quite a bit between Ashford and Canterbury, as Matt fron Kent Trails regularly rides from Ashford for the Canterbury rides, so it might be worth e-mailing Michael as he might be able to tell you what's where. Oh and there is an 18 limit for the Kent Trails rides, for obviouse reasons.
  • pittpony
    Right, it seems I have an entire weekend without any plans 8)
    I think i'll check out the Kent Trails ride tomorrow and see if I can learn some new bits of Blean. Anyone else up for it??
  • RussAlf
    Yeah sorry guy's, i was bloody useless last night! Did we only do 15 miles? Well i suppose it wasn't too bad as for me it was 25 including the ride to and from Rough Common. I blame my lack of fitness on the last dregs of a case of "Bali Belli", as i had to leg it to the loo several times on Tuesday evening which i think left me a bit dehydrated. Well thats my excuse anyway and i'm sticking to it :twisted: And i was bloody freezing on the ride home, especially my hands as my gloves were soaking wet because it was so damp. Winter gloves are definately next on the shopping list. Can any of you reccomend some that are waterproof but don't cost silly money?
    I hope my fitness improves by Monday Russ, or it could be a bit of a slow ride :roll: Will definately be overdosing on energy drinks me thinks!

Excuses Excuses...
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    Excuses Excuses...
    Oh you should have heard him Russ "I'm only slow because of..." *reels off list of excuses* all night long ;) Just joking Andy, i remember my first ride back after my Christmas holiday last year and all i could see was 3 red lights getting further and further away from me. I felt like giving up there and then! Thought you did OK seeing as you hadn't ridden for weeks.

Are you guys riding Monday? Can't make it myself but thought i'd ask as i'm bored at work counting down the minutes till i can go and play footie :roll:
  • RussAlf
    Fooite? :roll:

Yeah im definately riding and hopefully andy will come along aslong as he watches out on his commutes home :D im never going to let that go!
    Think we will ride surrey and see what i can get him to go down, we have a few new sketchy sections on the loop now including a gap jump which you have to do..

Just drilled out the cable stops on my frame, was pretty scary stuff having a dremel and file on your frame. Do have a full outer and xtr gear cable all the way to the mech now. Pefect shifting!
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:

Yeah im definately riding and hopefully andy will come along aslong as he watches out on his commutes home :D im never going to let that go!
    Think we will ride surrey and see what i can get him to go down, we have a few new sketchy sections on the loop now including a gap jump which you have to do..

Just drilled out the cable stops on my frame, was pretty scary stuff having a dremel and file on your frame. Do have a full outer and xtr gear cable all the way to the mech now. Pefect shifting!
    Lol OK Andy lets see if you can handle "my" section that i so delicately flew down :lol:

Dremel on the frame?? Russ you must have nerves of steel ;) I'm thinking about how i can get full outers on the XTC as i might get that set up for a nice winter Blean bike. Aha - free weekend coming up so that'll give me something to do!!
  • RussAlf
    Ah wasnt to hard, just lots of cardboard to protect the frame and a steady hand! Beats cable ties and those useless adapters you can get. Got new SLX double crankset on now aswell.
  • pittpony
    Nice bit of kit! Does that mean you're selling your old bash ring??

Hmm the drivetrain on the XTC needs replacing so not sure whether to go with LX on that or upgrade the Trance and put the XT grade stuff on the hardtail... Money probably dictates i do the sensible thing, but that doesn't usually stop me and its payday!!
  • RussAlf
    Ive already sold the bash ring Nick, you should have just bought the whole bike of me lol! The SLX double cranks maybe a bit heavier than xt but they are stronger and have steal pedal inserts which is why i went for them, plus the double comes with a bash and 22t.36t rings which is perfect for a double set-up.
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    you should have just bought the whole bike of me lol!
    Lol i should have done - the only things on it that didn't used to be yours are some mud and some new scratches ;)
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:

Lol i'm scared now, shall i bring my full face :shock: At least my new 661 evo's turned up today. I'v just been walking round the house kneeing walls testing out the D30 molecules :lol:

Surry sounds like a plan, but how big is this gap jump? Remember i get zero chance to practice my jumping round here. Do you know what time and where you want to meat up yet? Is there anywhere on the London main line that's good for you, as it was a bit of a mission getting to Tonbridge last time.

What gear outers are you using? I think it might have been a good idea to try the sealed XTR set before drilling the frame out. I have full length cables and i think the extra friction due to them being full length is causing my gear problems at the moment. I am thinking of getting some cable stops so i can run interupted outers along the top tube to see if that helps. Either that or spend £35 on GORE cables.
  • I have Gore cables and they are the dogs danglys. shifts so quick now you will defo notice a difference straight away.

Wish i was coming on Monday...:(

Going to do my loop sunday anyway.

• andyturner28
    deadpool2e wrote:
    I have Gore cables and they are the dogs danglys. shifts so quick now you will defo notice a difference straight away.

Wish i was coming on Monday...:(

Going to do my loop sunday anyway.
    You got me tempted now :roll: Might give them a go after i have bought some waterproof gloves, trousers, shoes.....Aghhh the spending never stops!

FYI Kent Trails are doing the ride starting from Aylsford and going along the North Downs Way on Sunday, meating in the car park next to the bridge over the Medway at 9:30. Was a bloody good ride last time and i am gutted i can't make it.
  • pittpony
    Yeah i was tempted by the Aylesford ride but i can't get there early enough on the train :( Ah well I should be good for Saturday and i could do with a day off :)