XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• RussAlf wrote:
    I got a bargain! 07 454 Dual Air pikes for £200, they are mint, not a scratch on them. Only thing was that the guy had taken off the decals because they got rubbed off on his car rack. So i bought some new but old style ones of ebay for £7, new stlye decals from tf tuned are £20, i can live with the old design.
    pbpic2466007.jpg
    I can't beleave you got those for only £200, you jammy git :wink: I was hunting for secondhand ones for weeks before getting mine and the cheapest i found for the dual air's was just under £300. I think i prefer the coil now though anyway :)
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    deadpool2e wrote:
    impished wrote:
    What you done to your Back then?? and how?.
    Paved part of my garden a few weeks ago and tweeked my back but instead of resting it I went to Afan and Bromley , as you do. :roll: But it's nearly sorted now.
  • Thought i would beat Nick to it for once........anyone riiding next week? :)
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Surrey Tomorrow

Tuesday??

Swinley or Afan on Wednesday

Hope your back heels up fine Ade,

Didnt get all the afan vids this weekend im afraid guys, will try to get them done by the end of the week.
  • RussAlf
    I present the Brechfa Raven Black Run Video

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/38601/
  • NIce one Russ
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Loving the video Russ, good work :D

If you're thinking about Afan this week why don't you check out somewhere (relatively) nearer like Cym Carn? It'd probably save you 2 hours driving over the course of the day.

Anyway i'm up for a ride one evening. I'm supposed to be playing football tomorrow but haven't comitted yet. I need to let them know soon though and ideally Wednesday would be better for me. Are we going over to BBH? Or Blean again? If we do BBH it'd need to be an earlyish start as my lights aren't up to much, as i found in Blean last week!!
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    RussAlf wrote:

Thats a good video! - Doesnt help my hankering to get to Wales for the end of Oct tho! I want to go NOW!

2 Questions:

1: What vid camera do you use? as we want to take one

2 : How far is Brechfa from Afan as a drive? We're going for a long weekend to Afan and if Brechfa is near, we might drive to it to tackle that black run!!

Thanking you in advance you sage, wise, Welsh loving cyclists!! :lol:
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • pittpony
    Bmjboy wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

Thats a good video! - Doesnt help my hankering to get to Wales for the end of Oct tho! I want to go NOW!

2 Questions:

2 : How far is Brechfa from Afan as a drive? We're going for a long weekend to Afan and if Brechfa is near, we might drive to it to tackle that black run!!

Russ will be able to tell you about the video stuff but its a specific helmet camera linked to a standard video camera for storage. The quality on a standard TV is excellent.

Brechfa is about an hour from Afan if i remember right (although i may have had a snooze on the way)... I'd go if its dry as some of it was very very muddy. Definitely worth a look!
  • Andy,

I'll be riding on thursday only this week as my arse is a little sore from riding saturday and sunday with nearly a months break!! It'll be the usual Kent-trails ride led by Matt.
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    pittpony wrote:
    Brechfa is about an hour from Afan if i remember right (although i may have had a snooze on the way)... I'd go if its dry as some of it was very very muddy. Definitely worth a look!

From looking at the vid I think we should go, we're going for a long weekend to Afan and if time (and bodies!) allow, Im gonna recommend a drive up to it.

Its gonna be wet no doubt, so not expecting miracles at the end of Oct!!!
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • lost-time wrote:
    Andy,

I'll be riding on thursday only this week as my ars* is a little sore from riding saturday and sunday with nearly a months break!! It'll be the usual Kent-trails ride led by Matt.
    No worries mate, i feel your pain. I normally get it really bad, but i used some Ozonelite chamois cream on Sunday which worked a treat :D Assos chamois cream is supposed to be very good too.

Nick- I might be able to use the car on Wednesday but i won't be able to load the bike and gear till after i get home from work, so if you want to do BBH it might be quicker for us to get there by train, as i can go strait from work. Or we could just do Blean again, but i don't think we know enough round there to keep us interested any more. I might get an OS map tomorrow and see if we can find our way over to Chillum etc. Paul, have you still got those GPS route's you posted on the early pages of this thread? I don't think they are there any more.
  • pittpony
    I've got an OS map of the Chilham area (1:25000) but it only shows footpaths and bridleways. I rode through Kings Wood once and it looked like there was a lot there although i'm not sure how lost we'd get!!
  • RussAlf
    Bmjboy wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

2 Questions:

Thanks, the camera i have is a bullet camera from the sports camera site, that plugs into my video camera which i have in my back pack. Its very good quality but putting it up on the internet reuins all of that.

Hopefully with any luck i will have some of the afan vids up by the endof this week.
  • RussAlf
    Is the video playing ok for everyone?it takes ages to load on my pc.
  • impished
    I'm up for trying Chilham. IIRC, MBR did a route through/round Chilham about, ahem, 8 years :shock: ago.
    I'll have a look-see if I can find that.
    If we do a Chilham ride we REALLLY MUST start from this car park and down to the end of Mountain Street. There's a chalky/flinty climb that I really wanna have another go at :twisted:
  • impished
    RussAlf wrote:
    It downloaded nice 'n' quick this morning, but It's taking forever tonight. Maybe we've overloaded Pinkbikes servers with our greatness :wink:

BTW, cool editing Russ. Even managed to get the missus to watch :twisted:
  • impished
    Kent-Trails have a Chilham route here
    Maybe we could use that?

edit: I've just noticed their route starts in the carpark I linked to ^^^^ and goes down Mountain Street for a fun :evil: climb start....
  • pittpony
    Chilham sounds good to me, I can get there pretty easily on the train. So - tomorrow or Wednesday??
  • RussAlf wrote:
    I gave up waiting after about 10 minuits, so i still haven't seen it yet. All the others play fine, it's just the 6 minuit long one that won't load.
  • pittpony wrote:
    Chilham sounds good to me, I can get there pretty easily on the train. So - tomorrow or Wednesday??
    I'm easy, so whatever suits you two. So i assume the Kent Trails route starts from Chillam? If so i'd have to ride to Cant west and get a train from there as there isn't a train direct to Chillam from Whitstable. I'll have a look at train times once Russ's video has downloaded- it's been an hour so far and it's not even half way!! You think it might be worth uploading it again Russ as all the others are fine?
  • pittpony
    The trains are pretty regular - 17:51 18:27 18:59 - it's about 3 quid return and it only takes 10 mins. Or you can ride it but it's not so nice on the A28 with all the traffic. Shall we go for Wednesday?? Might have to try one of those Kent Trails routes, I'll bring the OS map!
  • All going well with my brakes I should may well make this, wouldn't mind trying out somewhere new after all.
    I take I would need to get to canterbury and go on from there? It's only a half day for me at college so could possibly meet up with you Nick or something?

But like I said, that's IF my brake is ok.
  • pittpony
    Check out national rail and it'll tell you how to get there. If you get the same train out of Canterbury West we can meet up there or i can meet you by the Jag garage. Good luck sorting the brake!
  • Yeah I'd definately need to meet you somewhere and go from there. Will be finishing up with the brake 2morrow so will see how it goes from there.
    Started bleeding it earlier with my mum putting the oil in, but as it was getting dark and she's blind as anything it kept running out and air was getting in, so now I'm at half a brake :lol:

What time you looking to meet up at Chilham btw?
    I'm out of college at 3 apparently but from 1.30 till 3 it's classed as 'self study' so that basically means fuck off home I guess, plus I only come back from lunch at 1.30 anyway so all going well I'll have plenty of time to get me bike and get the train!
  • pittpony
    Depends when Andy can get to Canterbury but probably leave here around half 6
  • pittpony wrote:
    Well i could get to Cant west by 6 if i really push it, so let me know what train you want to get and i'll meat you there.
  • Russ vid loaded but it took about 1:30 to load (at work) The vid is very well done and you even got my titanic impression :D . Did you find the Secret bit at Bedgebury? Where are we going tomorrow? Going to bring the cam as well so i can get some footage of you for a change.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    pittpony wrote:
    Well i could get to Cant west by 6 if i really push it, so let me know what train you want to get and i'll meat you there.

The trains are either 5.51 or 6.27 so looks like we'll get the 6.27. Ade are you good for a half 6 meet-up? Does that suit you Jon??
  • Just want to say hi guys :D I used to live in Canterbury Kent- studied at Canterbury Uni- and moved to Australia about 10 yrs ago. I'm now living in Christchurch NZ.

I used to love flyng about the woods there :D I bet the trails network has grown lots since i moved.

Happy trails 8)