XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    OK i'll come clean i've never seen the guys ride directly down the steps as they've usually lost me by then but i think that's the line they take and it's the one i attempted, much to my chagrin :lol:

I've made it down the easy steps no problem but like you say those ones are a lot steeper than they look in that photo!!

Andy - you still on for the 6.27 train? Looks like its just you me and Ade tonight as Jon still has brake issues. I've got some directions and will try to remeber my OS map. Oh and some spare batteries just in case!
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Bmjboy wrote:
    So you guys literally ride down the steps? - You dont take on the one of the gullys either side?

Hats off if you take on the steps themselves! I think I would be straight over the front of the bike going down there.

They are much steeper than the picture suggests (as you know!) but I love taking them on.

Was very dry last night so had a good time.
    I think you can only ride them fast if your on a full suss. I tried them from about half way down and the back wheel was bouncing all over the place to the point that i neerly went over the bars on the biggest steps. That would have really hert! I was following Russ at the time and he just shot off into the distance. Oh well, when i get my full suss i'll be............ :lol:

See you tonight guy's.

Now Now andy please dont use the old full suss as an excuse, id still go down them on a hardtail. Nick we do go down all of them, have a good ride this evening guys!

Just got back from surrey with mark, had a really good ride and did a few new "sketchy" sections. We did lots fo vides today so get ready to see them!

Oh and if Mark comes on here linking to a video of me falling off on an extremly tame section, if was all planned, set-up and rehursed. Mark has however double crossed me, saying that hes going to say to you guys that i fell off!

Now i wont mention that mark had a clipless moment today.

Jon, you bleed the hayes from the bottom up and suck out the bubbles with the bottle by squezzing it and releasing so it sucks the air out. You dont just simply fill it from the top, it takes ages to get all of the bubbles out, so if you think you did it really quickly go back and spend longer on it.
  • pittpony
    Lucky sods riding at Surrey today while i'm at work. Grr! :lol:

So you decided against Afan in the end? Would have made for a long day!!!
  • pittpony wrote:
    OK i'll come clean i've never seen the guys ride directly down the steps as they've usually lost me by then but i think that's the line they take and it's the one i attempted, much to my chagrin :lol:

I've made it down the easy steps no problem but like you say those ones are a lot steeper than they look in that photo!!

Andy - you still on for the 6.27 train? Looks like its just you me and Ade tonight as Jon still has brake issues. I've got some directions and will try to remeber my OS map. Oh and some spare batteries just in case!
    Yup still ok for 6.27.
  • does andy ever get lost when he is out,also can someone find him a girl friend,
  • Well guys Russ is talking BullShiit..... seeing as you lot though my crash was on a easy section wait untill you see this :D

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/38985/

BTW when did i have a Clipless moment.... your full of it today, at least i didnt dab loads on the first bit :D:wink:

Russ what do you use to edit your vids windows movie maker is painfull? a bit like your Crash.......

Hope the rest of you guys had a good ride
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • RussAlf
    Ok Ok i was lying, let the p*ss taking begin. Mark and myself kept laughing about it for the whole of the rest of the ride, i do have a rather large bruise on my leg now. The video is helarious mark, nicely edited! Made me laugh lots :D:D

Let us know how your evening ride went guys.

Mark, steep climb on Leith Hill ring any bells? :lol: you almost took me out :D
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Mark, steep climb on Leith Hill ring any bells? :lol: you almost took me out :D

hhhMMMM OHH Yes i had conveniently forgot about that :D

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    We had a disasterous ride tonight but i can't remember laughing so much in ages!

Jon couldn't make it because of his brakes, Andy went to the wrong train station, I got lost riding 200 metres to meet Ade and did a couple of mile round trip of nowhere, Ade had a flat before he'd even started, we found a severed baby's foot on a gatepost (ok so maybe that's an elaboration), we (I) rode the most comedic downhill section you'll ever see at 5 mph screaming "I can't see, I can't see" and then when we were on the main road heading towards the car someone had the bright idea of heading back up the offroad route back up and down the hills. Now i blame my lights (or lack of) entirely as i prefer to blame equipment rather than skill but i lost it BIG TIME on the chalky gravelly descent traveling at quite some speed. I've quite badly skinned a knee and an elbow and feel pretty fortunate it was nothing worse. And after i'd landed my bike fell from the sky and crunched my 2 ride old helmet. Damn glad i was wearing it!!!

So all in all quite an eventful evening but a great time was had by all :D

P.S. My fall was better than yours Russ, but fortunately for me nobody was there to film it :lol::lol:
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    pittpony wrote:
    I've quite badly skinned a knee and an elbow and feel pretty fortunate it was nothing worse.
    Nick.jpg
    We were worried a bit when we were at the bottom of the chalky DH and trying to dazzle him.... yet there was no Nick.... I think we had a joint, DOH!, when we realised Nick might be lying in a crumpled bleeding heap further up the hill. But as you can see in the pic he was lucky considering the flint/chalk nature of the hill he threw himself onto.
    Bigger versions
  • Nick please dont take this the wrong way but you seem to Crash on every ride that you do..... :shock:

Hope the Knee is OK

• pittpony
    Ade that picture doesn't do it justice - there was much more blood than that, its just the flash has reflected off it - dammit! :wink:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Nick please dont take this the wrong way but you seem to Crash on every ride that you do..... :shock:

Hope the Knee is OK
    Lol i can't disagree - but this was a proper crash rather than the half-arsed 2mph crashes i usually manage :lol: Knee is sore but cleaned up nicely and will be fine for the next ride, my elbow is actually a much deeper cut but disappointingly didn't bleed all that much... Anyway its all good as i now have the perfect excuse to buy some better lights :D
  • does andy ever get lost when he is out,also can someone find him a girl friend,
    OK it would appear i didn't log out before i left work yesterday! The above is the ramblings of my hilariousely funny boss.......Not!
  • pittpony
    does andy ever get lost when he is out,also can someone find him a girl friend,
    OK it would appear i didn't log out before i left work yesterday! The above is the ramblings of my hilariousely funny boss.......Not!
    Ahahaha! I wondered what that was all about - thought you were losing it mate!! I'd say revenge was in order :twisted:
  • RussAlf
    Ouch Nick, ouch. Im glad you fell, its taken the attention away from my stupid fall! muhahahahaa Hope the knee is ok and heals fine. Seems like you lot had an interesting evening.
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    Well guys Russ is talking BullShiit..... seeing as you lot though my crash was on a easy section wait untill you see this :D

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/38985/

BTW when did i have a Clipless moment.... your full of it today, at least i didnt dab loads on the first bit :D:wink:

Russ what do you use to edit your vids windows movie maker is painfull? a bit like your Crash.......

Hope the rest of you guys had a good ride
    Ahahahaha I think i have just wet myself :lol: What happened there? And am i seeing things or was you wearing pads :)
  • RussAlf
    The tree stump suddenly moved into my path and i clipped it on my pedal. Yeah i was wearing my knee pads, some parts of surrey can be a bit "sketchy".
  • impished
    I had to watch that twice to make sure it wasn't Nick :wink:
    Music choice is impecible :lol:
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:

OY! Less of the cheek Ade!!! :lol:
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    impished wrote:

Haaaaaaa :lol:

Hows the knee/elbow today Nick? Sore :?
  • RussAlf
    ahahah classic!
  • anyone up for a ride at Bedgebury on sunday morning??

• pittpony wrote:
    impished wrote:

Did I not send you the vid of Ade's little tree hugging episode?! That would make that little video so complete...
  • RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    anyone up for a ride at Bedgebury on sunday morning??

Might be able to fit that one in, will have to see what her plans are though.
  • pittpony
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Wish i could, probably not going to get out at all this weekend though :(
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    Sorry mate, as much as i'd love to ride with you two, Kent Trails are doing the Deal to Capel le'fern and back ride again, which i absolutely loved the last couple of times. I can highly reccomend it, but it would mean a bit of an early morning and long drive for you as we are meating at 9:30am! Would be great if you can come though, it's definately worth it.

Not a big fan of Bedgbury anyway, and this months MBUK backs me up too. Had a bit of a chuckle when i saw the artical, thinking this could be interesting, and they absolutely slated it, saying the gravel is a stupid and very dangerouse idea and that it is a massive waste of potential, as it could have been as good as Thetford if the right people were behind it.
  • Guyas it does not have to be bedgebury but will have to be a morning one as the twins have a birthday party i have to shuttle them to, Maybe BBH so we can all see where Nick fell off or i could show you round my local route.

Russ your crash is turning out to be one of my best watched vids.... :wink:

• impished
    deadpool2e wrote:
    I would love to but I've had my head in the toilet bowl all night and morning. Both kids, wife and me are lucky enough to have a dose of "Winter Vomiting Bug"
    My house is not a nice place to be at the mo :oops:
  • impished wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    I would love to but I've had my head in the toilet bowl all night and morning. Both kids, wife and me are lucky enough to have a dose of "Winter Vomiting Bug"
    My house is not a nice place to be at the mo :oops:
    Aw nasty, i got that last year. Make sure you drink LOTS of water or you'll get dehydrated very quickely. Get well soon mate, i wanna go ride at Chillam again one evening :)

How's the Knee and elbow now Nick?