XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    The original plan was for today as Andy is off work and I think Ade's up for it...
    Whoah there tiger :shock: I said I'd be interested in a BBH NIGHT ride sometime but unfortunately I'm washing my hair tonight or something.

Anyway, I thought you said you'd buckled your wheel and knackered the mech or was that just forum BS :?
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    ....she absolutely flies up the hills :D.....
    That's it! I'm gonna lodge an appeal for unfair advantages... or EPO abuse.... or something :shock: Nick "The Goat" faster :shock:
    Man I think I'm gonna go into hiding and start riding on my own again :cry:
    Next Andy will be getting a full-susser and being quicker than everyone 'cos that's what happens when you get a full-susser, eh :wink:
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Lol that baby would zoom up any hill but would be no use whatsoever for getting back down in its current state. I even had to slow for a couple of road corners such was my fear of the back slipping out. I'm looking forward to getting the Rebas back on in the future and having a proper hardtail thrash round Blean again 8)
  • impished wrote:
    Anyway, I thought you said you'd buckled your wheel and knackered the mech or was that just forum BS :?

No, not bullshite, that's on my hardrock.. Not my I-Drive.. That's oh so fine.. And now clean (ish)
  • RussAlf wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:
    At work yesterday we had news feeds coming in from ITV Wales reporting of the mass flooding throughout Wales.We had a good weekend in comparason, the rain really didnt bother me on Sunday.

Still sufering from post wales syndrom, think i need some retail therapy in the form of 140mm 20mm bolt through.
    The 55's are verry nice, but i think you should concider 160's with travel adjust down to 120 something. Not sure how much coil lyrics are but they would be perfect.

Lyrics are about £450 matey, far to much!

Could get these instead for a bit more:

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=product&productId=1201&categoryId=17
    Yeah they'll do:-) i just think that if the frame is rated up to 160 then you might as well.
  • Papa Smurf wrote:
    So is the BBH ride on????
    sorry mate, i meant later in the week, and if Nick and Ade can come too.
  • pittpony
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    So is the BBH ride on????
    sorry mate, i meant later in the week, and if Nick and Ade can come too.
    Andy's not allowed out to play unless his minders come along as he might get lost ;) That said i can personally vouch for him knowing the climb on 'The Wall' like the back of his hand - he flew up that one on his own!! :lol::lol:

Oh yes, back on topic - I can ride tomorrow night. I don't mind where but if its BBH i'd need a lift. Blean is easiest for me. Any takers??
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    RussAlf wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:
    At work yesterday we had news feeds coming in from ITV Wales reporting of the mass flooding throughout Wales.We had a good weekend in comparason, the rain really didnt bother me on Sunday.

Still sufering from post wales syndrom, think i need some retail therapy in the form of 140mm 20mm bolt through.
    The 55's are verry nice, but i think you should concider 160's with travel adjust down to 120 something. Not sure how much coil lyrics are but they would be perfect.

Yeah they'll do:-) i just think that if the frame is rated up to 160 then you might as well.

Barge Pole

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=3736560&t=3736560

Looking for some secondhand pikes now.
  • RussAlf wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

Barge Pole

Ok, i'd definately steer clear of the 55's! Quite surprised about that as Zocci's always used to get good reviews, i loved my old MX Pro's. You can't go wrong with Pike's though. I can't beleve how well mine have survived the amount of abuse i have chucked at them! I tried to get some secondhand ones but there arn't many around because they are so good. I ended up getting mine from www.activesport.co.uk for £289 which was by far the cheapest i found. How's it going with the car?
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    Barge Pole

I know a place in Whitstable where you can get some for free. I'll distract the owner with talk of Wales and you can sneak into his garage and "collect" the Pikes :lol::lol: If you also happen to pick up a spare set of Juicy's do let me know :wink:
  • RussAlf
    Well i placed a wanted add on singletrack and now have a pair of 07 454 air u turn pikes on offer to me for £200. A seal kit from TF Tuned is £17 so a quick service and they will be as good as new. Ideally want coils but i will i liked the airs in my old recons and they have excellent reviews.

Thats a good idea Nick, if you help out in this operation you talk of i can sort you out wih a free pair of revelations for your trance. Tempted? Andy are you leaving your bike alone and unatended any nights this week?
  • RussAlf
    While servicing them i will be tempted to get the lowers powdercoated white and apply red decals.
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    While servicing them i will be tempted to get the lowers powdercoated white and apply red decals.
    "Pimp my Pikes" eh?! Hmm bet you're tempted by those!
  • pittpony
    Is anyone on for Blean tonight or am i going to be stuck with my boring commute home??
  • impished
    Sorry mate, I'm struggling with a dodgy back at the mo. Gotta give it a few days to, hopefully, get better. :cry:
  • pittpony wrote:
    Is anyone on for Blean tonight or am i going to be stuck with my boring commute home??
    Yeah i'm up for Blean. Sorry i didn't let you know last night, had to check we weren't doing anything else first, then my phones crappy brouser decided it didn't want to play. Cant wait till i get broadband again!

Russ- BUY THOSE PIKE'S! If all they need is new seals they are an absolute bargain. The lowers would look nice in white too. The oem 408's come in white and they look cool.
  • pittpony
    Nice one Andy - 6.45 at the usual place?

Ade, hope the back gets better soon. Mine is playing up at the moment too :(

Russ - buy the Pikes! Oh and hold on to the Revs until i get paid ;)
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    Have a good one guys. I AM JEALOUS :cry:
    pittpony wrote:
    Have you put a deposit down for the Comencal yet Nick? I'm sure you'll buy that when Russ upgrades that too :wink:
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    Have you put a deposit down for the Comencal yet Nick? I'm sure you'll buy that when Russ upgrades that too :wink:
    Ok I'll come clean - I just want to BE Russ!! Oh Russ where are you going to be this weekend? I need to know if i'll be routing through the right dustbins ;)
  • RussAlf
    Andy did you do the change to 20mm adapters yourself on the hopes? Is it just a case of pull the old ones out and put the new ones in?

Nick ill hold the revs aslong as you want mate.
  • RussAlf wrote:
    Andy did you do the change to 20mm adapters yourself on the hopes? Is it just a case of pull the old ones out and put the new ones in?

Nick ill hold the revs aslong as you want mate.
    yep it's really easy. All you do is pull the qr bits out then pop th 20mm adapters in, which are then held in by a circlip which you can just push in with a small screwdriver.

Nick- see ya there.
  • RussAlf
    impished wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    pittpony wrote:

Upgrade? me? Ok im bored and thought about doing this the other day so here we go.

Giant Yukon, first MTB, check out those bar ends and reflectors!!!
    DSC00041-vi.jpg

Clipless, Hayes Hydro Brakes, Race Face Evil Grips and XT shifters
    DSC00181-vi.jpg

After Bedgerbury shitters
    DSC00187-vi.jpg

Recons and Fire XC pros
    DSC00046-vi.jpg

The Trance was bought and she then served as a Commuter for about 6 months before i bought my foldup and she was sold to my mate.
    DSC00352-vi.jpg

Trance was born,
    DSC00154-vi.jpg

Built up, lots of stuff was switched from my old hardtail to this. I then sold lots of brand new bits of the trance.
    DSC00157-vi.jpg

8inch Rotor, after a frosty ride at Bedgebury
    DSC00236-vi.jpg

Revelations, Hope Collar and Charge Spoon Saddle
    DSC00342-vi.jpg

The wheels died so i had to upgrade to XM719 on Hope Pro 11s and RaceFace Bash Ring
    DSC_0117-vi.jpg

Wished for a beefier bike and more travel so i purchased a Meta 5 VIP Frame
    DSC_0001-vi.jpg

Fun
    DSC_0004-vi.jpg

Complete except i now have a 70mm stem.
    DSC00617-vi.jpg

I think i have a spending problem.

Feel Free to do similar posts.
  • pittpony
    Nice idea Russ, that was a good read. Mine starts with this little baby:

radio-flyer-classic-red-tricycle.jpg

Which i rode up my back doorstep and still have the scar to show for it :lol:

Will have to put together a proper list when i have more time, but it's probably the same as Russ' but about 6 months after him :wink:
  • RussAlf wrote:
    impished wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    pittpony wrote:

Upgrade? me? Ok im bored and thought about doing this the other day so here we go.

Giant Yukon, first MTB, check out those bar ends and reflectors!!!
    DSC00041-vi.jpg

Clipless, Hayes Hydro Brakes, Race Face Evil Grips and XT shifters
    DSC00181-vi.jpg

After Bedgerbury shitters
    DSC00187-vi.jpg

Recons and Fire XC pros
    DSC00046-vi.jpg

The Trance was bought and she then served as a Commuter for about 6 months before i bought my foldup and she was sold to my mate.
    DSC00352-vi.jpg

Trance was born,
    DSC00154-vi.jpg

Built up, lots of stuff was switched from my old hardtail to this. I then sold lots of brand new bits of the trance.
    DSC00157-vi.jpg

8inch Rotor, after a frosty ride at Bedgebury
    DSC00236-vi.jpg

Revelations, Hope Collar and Charge Spoon Saddle
    DSC00342-vi.jpg

The wheels died so i had to upgrade to XM719 on Hope Pro 11s and RaceFace Bash Ring
    DSC_0117-vi.jpg

Wished for a beefier bike and more travel so i purchased a Meta 5 VIP Frame
    DSC_0001-vi.jpg

Fun
    DSC_0004-vi.jpg

Complete except i now have a 70mm stem.
    DSC00617-vi.jpg

I think i have a spending problem.

Feel Free to do similar posts.
    Hahaha tell me about it! If you really want to scare yourself try adding it all up, including things like helmets, tires etc. I did that about a year ago and it was already up to nearly 3K! With my AV gear as well i could have bought a brand new beamer?
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    I do like the Trance, I did spend a few wistful minutes in my LBS looking at the latest model all made up and for sale at over £2k!......

No matter how much I argued, the shop owner wouldnt take £20, some fluff and an old petrol receipt for it!! :(
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • impished
    RussAlf wrote:
    I think there's vids on the Hope webbie and Youtube showing exactly how to do it. Although the fella on the vid has got a REALLY annoying voice!!!
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:
    I think there's vids on the Hope webbie and Youtube showing exactly how to do it. Although the fella on the vid has got a REALLY annoying voice!!!
    I like the guy who does the Fox shock servicing video (link just next to where it says "don't do this - get a proffesional to do it")... He could send me to sleep after a gallon of Red Bull :lol:
  • pittpony
    Bmjboy wrote:
    I do like the Trance, I did spend a few wistful minutes in my LBS looking at the latest model all made up and for sale at over £2k!......

No matter how much I argued, the shop owner wouldnt take £20, some fluff and an old petrol receipt for it!! :(
    Shame, it seems in these difficult financial times it's harder to strike a bargain!! I love my Trance and Russ spoke highly of it before i bought the frame off him. It's a complete custom build so I doubt there's another one like it 8)
  • RussAlf
    Anybody else care to share photos?
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    RussAlf wrote:
    Anybody else care to share photos?

As you've asked:

pbpic2455216.jpg

Giant XTC 2006,

Pretty much stock apart from: Specialized P1 Bar Ends, Charge Spoon Saddle

Feel free to mock the crud-catcher, but after BBH the over the weekend its staying on for a while!
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet