XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    Anyone able to ride BH monday pm/eve? Just the usuall up into Blean/Thornden.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    lost-time wrote:
    Yeah i fancy that if my weekend plans allow. Keep me updated on what your plans are and i'll let you know. I love bank hols 8)
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    lost-time wrote:
    I feel a bit stupid asking this but what "BH"? :oops:

If I know where it is then Monday should be good for me 8)
  • lost-time
    impished wrote:
    lost-time wrote:
    I feel a bit stupid asking this but what "BH"? :oops:

If I know where it is then Monday should be good for me 8)

Bank Holiday! :roll:

I'll be free from around 4pm onwards but that can be flexible so I'll let anyone add to that based on their commitments...
  • impished
    Lost-Time wrote:
    Bank Holiday!
    Oh yeah. :oops:

Shoot, I didn't realise it's a bank holiday :shock:
    Don't even know if I'm working Monday. I'll have to let you know. :roll:
  • lost-time
    impished wrote:
    Lost-Time wrote:
    Bank Holiday!
    Oh yeah. :oops:

Shoot, I didn't realise it's a bank holiday :shock:
    Don't even know if I'm working Monday. I'll have to let you know. :roll:

No worries. It's my day off on monday and the boss is out in the late afternoon and evening so it'll be a good chance to get out on the bike.
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    edited August 2008
    Well I was really looking forward to getting out this long weekend, was even gonna try and make that ride your on about... But then my crankbolt went and snapped mid (first) ride..
    Could use my hardrock but the BB's already jumping with every turn so I doubt that'd be wise..
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    impished wrote:
    loved the soundtrack too
    I second the music. Fits the riding quite nicely.
    Might try and do my own bit of trail building tonight :)
    Any chance of a piccy Andy?

Someone has ripped the jump out already!! The burm is still there though and you can get some good speed on it. I did the Kent Trails ride over there yesterday after not riding for 4 days and neerly killed myself trying to keep up mith Michael! I was definately lagging behind up the hills toward the end, although i did have a slow puncture for about the last 10 miles :)

Looking forward to tomorrows ride. Are you lot still meating at 4ish? If so i am going to ride strait from work, so where shall we meet up? Probably best if i ring one of you as i leave.
  • impished
    I'll have to let you know tomorrow whether I can make it. No idea what time I'll be able to leave work. :cry: Carry on amongst yourselves though and if I can make 4 I'll let you know.
  • andyturner28
    deadpool2e wrote:
    I thought you wouldnt be able to resist putting the vid up :D after me having a pop at you.

I just pissed myself laughing at that with a shop full of customers :lol: What did you hit, it looked like a smooth bit of trail in the vid?
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    it was a largish hole covered in nice sticky mud, and agreed it is very funny. Russ should have some good footage of that ride as we did some good jumps and hit some of the berms nice.

Was going to go bedgebury but couldnt push my self to get all the stuff in the car and drive there, so my do 30-60mins on the turbo.

Have a good ride tomorrow guys.

and for those in the know....not long now...ohhh i could crush a grape (showing my age there) :D

BTW just put the few pics taken by Russ from swinley up http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/album/Swinley/
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    deadpool2e wrote:
    and for those in the know....not long now...ohhh i could crush a grape (showing my age there) :D
    I know what you mean Mark. Ohhh, I could jump over a dolls house (showing MY age now :wink: )
  • deadpool2e
    No one else knows what we are on about Ade......lol

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    I'm with you about the grapes, but dolls houses??! I think Ade has finally lost it :lol::lol:
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    I'm with you about the grapes, but dolls houses??! I think Ade has finally lost it :lol::lol:
    Have a look here and you'll see I'm just quoting the great 80's star Stu Francis :wink:
    Oh, how you young'ens missed out :roll:
  • lost-time
    I'm still up for riding any time from 4pm onwards really...
  • andyturner28
    lost-time wrote:
    I'm still up for riding any time from 4pm onwards really...
    well i'll be leaving work at 5 and can get to Blean car park by 5:30. I'll give you a ring when i leave work so we'll sort out where to meat then shall we.

Mark and Ade- what the hell are you on about?
  • pittpony
    Yeah still on for tonight. How about we meet at the Clowes wood car park at 5.15??
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    deadpool2e wrote:
    it was a largish hole covered in nice sticky mud, and agreed it is very funny. Russ should have some good footage of that ride as we did some good jumps and hit some of the berms nice.

Was going to go bedgebury but couldnt push my self to get all the stuff in the car and drive there, so my do 30-60mins on the turbo.

BTW just put the few pics taken by Russ from swinley up http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/album/Swinley/

Largish hole? come on it was a little twig in the Trail :lol:

I woke up yesterday, looked out the window and saw it was pissing down, sigh of relief as i knew i wasnt missing out on anything. 12 came and it was still raining and thought there is no way you would head to Bedgebury.

Crush a Grape? Dolls Houses? is this sort some sort of OAP code language?
  • impished
    Mark and Ade- what the hell are you on about?
    Ohhh, I could wrestle an Action Man.

Come on Andy, don't pretend you don't remember Stu Francis on "Crackerjack" :wink: or Cheggers Plays Pop or Tiswas :roll: or Grifters or Choppers :shock: ....

Unlikely I'm gonna be there this afters fellas.
    Later in the week maybe?
  • impished
    Unlikely I'm gonna be there this afters fellas.
    Ok, guys, just to mess you about, as the weathers not getting any better and therefore I don't have to be a good daddy and take the kids to the beach, I'll meet you in Clowes car park 5:15ish :wink:

What kind of ride are you planning tonight? I think we should be trying to find the most technical sections available (yes, I know it's only Blean :wink: ) otherwise Mark and Russ are gonna get far too much practice compared to the rest of us :? Maybe a bit of jump practice, eh Andy :twisted:
  • pittpony
    Good stuff Ade - you know it makes sense :D

OK Clowes Wood car park (where i met you before we went to the Herne jumps Andy) - 5.15 tonight. Something nice and technical would do me nicely but to be honest i'm just well up for getting out on the bike and having a blast around! I've not been out for nearly a week and have a lot of pent up energy!
  • impished
    pittpony wrote:
    I've not been out for nearly a week and have a lot of pent up energy!
    Oh no :shock: I knew I shouldn't of pushed myself on my little 25 miler yesterday :cry:
    [no_chance]Hopefully Andy and Lost-Time are feeling a little tired tonight :? [/no_chance]
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    I've not been out for nearly a week and have a lot of pent up energy!
    Oh no :shock: I knew I shouldn't of pushed myself on my little 25 miler yesterday :cry:
    [no_chance]Hopefully Andy and Lost-Time are feeling a little tired tonight :? [/no_chance]
    Lol well I've had a pretty unhelathy week so anything I gain in pent up energy will no doubt be offset by a few extra pounds and general lack of fitness :lol:
  • impished
    Good to hear :wink::lol:
  • andyturner28
    Sounds good guys, see you there at 5:15.
  • deadpool2e
    RussAlf wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

Largish hole? come on it was a little twig in the Trail :lol:

I woke up yesterday, looked out the window and saw it was pissing down, sigh of relief as i knew i wasnt missing out on anything. 12 came and it was still raining and thought there is no way you would head to Bedgebury.

Crush a Grape? Dolls Houses? is this sort some sort of OAP code language?

Oi less of the OAP rubbish :D

• pittpony
    Good ride this evening guys - some proper night riding there at the end!

Paul - did you not see the post about meeting at Clowes? Andy tried to call you but could only get answerphone :(
  • impished
    Yeah, 'twas a good ride. Nice 'n dark :twisted:

Was fookin dark when I got back to Clowes car park :shock:

I wonder if those lads managed to get the Fiesta back out of the woods :lol:
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    Yeah, 'twas a good ride. Nice 'n dark :twisted:

Was fookin dark when I got back to Clowes car park :shock:

I wonder if those lads managed to get the Fiesta back out of the woods :lol:

Nah they probbaly just drove it over one of the BMX jumps and burned it out!