XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Just did a test upload on PinkBike, Quality is much better on there!

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/34849/

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • RussAlf
    Improved quality version on pinkbike

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/34856/
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Much better quality vids Russ 8) I can even tell the tree I crashed into from the bark pattern :lol:
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Good news. I am no the proud owner of one of these:
    gt-i-drive-5-xcr-halfords-model-whitebkgrd-400-90.jpg
    Which currently looks like this:
    Idrive.jpg:lol:

Oh dear, Jons real first full suspension and first bike with Hydraulic brakes... I can see many a trip over the bars in the future...
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Should've got a pic of the Ti frame at the same time, eh :wink:

Anyway, anyone evening riding this week?
    The usual? Blean? 18:45? Wednesday? Carpark? Crab & Winkle? Clowes Wood?

Damn, I've just worn out my ? key...
    (thanks to Pittpony for that joke :wink:PITTPONY "Damn, i've just worn out my / key...")
  • pittpony
    Nice Jon - looking forward to having a nosey at that!

I can't ride this week Ade, my parents are over and I'll be in France tomorrow.
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    impished wrote:
    Should've got a pic of the Ti frame at the same time, eh :wink:

Anyway, anyone evening riding this week?
    The usual? Blean? 18:45? Wednesday? Carpark? Crab & Winkle? Clowes Wood?

Damn, I've just worn out my ? key...
    (thanks to Pittpony for that joke :wink:PITTPONY "Damn, i've just worn out my / key...")
    I can ride with you any day this week. I don't think Paul can ride at all so i am on me own all week :( I'v been exporing a lot and found some prety fun bits, and someone has been doing a bit of trail building too :D You know the bit were you do a left (coming from Canturbury) off the crab and winkle and go over all them bridges, then go up the hill where those 2 fallen trees are? Well someone has built a ramp on the one that goes accross the trail and a burm round the other one. Much better than before, but i wonder how long till the forestry people rip it all up?

John- Nice bike, i am actually quite jelouse as i am the only one left riding a bone shaker. I still love my bike though! But please tell me your not fitting cheapo peddals and those reflectors!
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    edited August 2008
    John- Nice bike, i am actually quite jelouse as i am the only one left riding a bone shaker. I still love my bike though! But please tell me your not fitting cheapo peddals and those reflectors!

Oh hell no! I've got a nice shiny pair of DMR V8's sitting here but I dont like the weight of them so will fit some MG1'S when I get the replacement pair back. Got a few upgrades I wanna fit it out with too...
    Gonna change the cranks over and put my sladom front ring on it, aswell as nice chain guard.
    As for the reflectors... Do I look gay to you? :lol::wink:

I know you said you were saving for a full sus, have you considered second hand?
    That said, I've been looking on this site... They seem to have some really good stuff on it..
    New and used...
    Including ads like this:
    http://www.gumtree.com/london/79/27251079.html
  • I can ride with you any day this week. I don't think Paul can ride at all so i am on me own all week :( I'v been exporing a lot and found some prety fun bits, and someone has been doing a bit of trail building too :D You know the bit were you do a left (coming from Canturbury) off the crab and winkle and go over all them bridges, then go up the hill where those 2 fallen trees are? Well someone has built a ramp on the one that goes accross the trail and a burm round the other one. Much better than before, but i wonder how long till the forestry people rip it all up?

We saw the guys building these on Saturday. Don't think they were impressed that came flying onto those while they were still putting the final touch. The berm around the tree is good. A bit more work on the right hand side could make a lovely trail.

Michael
    Andy, I should be good for Wednesday 18:45 @ Blean. I'll confirm tomorrow about midday'ish as the boss is back from holiday and that could mean I've gotta work late :evil:

That new bit at Blean sounds interesting. :twisted:
  • pittpony
    Woohoo - I managed a quick 40 minute blast rond Blean tonight and rode my bogey section twice without falling off :D

It's actually not as muddy as I expected either given all the rain we've had...
  • impished
    PITTPONY wrote:
    rode my bogey section twice without falling off
    Ever heard the question "If a tree falls in the woods but there's no one around to hear it fall does it still make a sound?"

Begs the question; "If Nick rides a section perfectly but there's no one around to see it did he really ride it?" :wink:

I think next time, we'll have to start timed runs :shock: :twisted:
  • pittpony
    Lol you're a cynical man Ade. I'm hurt :wink:

I never claimed I rode it pefectly, only that I didn't fall off. One step a a time eh??! :lol::lol:
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:
    Woohoo - I managed a quick 40 minute blast rond Blean tonight and rode my bogey section twice without falling off :D

It's actually not as muddy as I expected either given all the rain we've had...

That is a miracle! Fall off nick not falling off? what ever next? Andy not having at least one clipless moment during a ride? Speaking off clipless moments what happened during the ride around Swinley today Mark?
  • impished
    come on Mark. Do tell :twisted:
  • Popeh
    Popeh Posts: 115
    wow the routes on those vids look fantastic.

I'd kill to have them round here!
    - Marin 2005 East Peak
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    bike stopped moving but my body decided it wanted to lay down on the floor in the mud and my clips helped my body do just that. :D

BTW we found some really good technical trails, which we have named .....................Fat Orange.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    Fat orange??! Lol is there a story behind that one too?
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    I can ride with you any day this week. I don't think Paul can ride at all so i am on me own all week :( I'v been exporing a lot and found some prety fun bits, and someone has been doing a bit of trail building too :D You know the bit were you do a left (coming from Canturbury) off the crab and winkle and go over all them bridges, then go up the hill where those 2 fallen trees are? Well someone has built a ramp on the one that goes accross the trail and a burm round the other one. Much better than before, but i wonder how long till the forestry people rip it all up?

We saw the guys building these on Saturday. Don't think they were impressed that came flying onto those while they were still putting the final touch. The berm around the tree is good. A bit more work on the right hand side could make a lovely trail.

Michael

Yeah I seem to be getting these late shifts at the moment at work Andy. Does mean that I can ride or run in the mornings though. In fact yesterday I ran the black route up at Blean Woods...It's a good route to run actually...those hills are worse running than on the bike!

As Michael said we flew around the berm by the tree which I must say was actually very good and as I was in front (very rare that!) I rode the jump over the next tree completely blind. Landed fairly hard on the front wheel and have a good bruise on my thigh from whacking the saddle!!

Paul
  • RussAlf
    Swinley190808-vi.jpg

Log from yesterdays ride, off round surrey today! Technical training for Afan. You guys better get practising if you want to keep up with me and mark!
  • impished
    I especially liked the way you managed to get Broadmoor Hospital on the map ^^^^ :twisted:
  • Papa Smurf wrote:

Oh hell no! I've got a nice shiny pair of DMR V8's sitting here but I dont like the weight of them so will fit some MG1'S when I get the replacement pair back. Got a few upgrades I wanna fit it out with too...
    Gonna change the cranks over and put my sladom front ring on it, aswell as nice chain guard.
    As for the reflectors... Do I look gay to you? :lol::wink:

I know you said you were saving for a full sus, have you considered second hand?
    That said, I've been looking on this site... They seem to have some really good stuff on it..
    New and used...
    Including ads like this:
    http://www.gumtree.com/london/79/27251079.html

Hey, I fitted some V8s a couple of months ago, before you ride them loctite (threadlock, not supergue) all of the pins as they will come out and you will slip about like a pig on skates.
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Russ- Excelent Swinley video :D I finally managed to watch more than 30 seconds of it today, loved the soundtrack too. You can definately be the chief cameraman and editor.

Paul- that jump needs a bit of work! I rolled up to it with every intention of jumping it but found my finger on the brake again. Might try and do my own bit of trail building tonight :)
  • impished
    loved the soundtrack too
    I second the music. Fits the riding quite nicely.
    Might try and do my own bit of trail building tonight :)
    Any chance of a piccy Andy?
  • deadpool2e
    Just though id let you know that Russ fell of on a very easy bit and cut his Knee and has a massive bruse. Just though i would tell you as he was so keen to tell you about my clipless moment. Oh and he Dabbed loooooads :D (only Joking Russ)

BTW If he comes along saying i went over the handle bars on a berm its all lies......even if he claims to have video footage :shock:

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Just though id let you know that Russ fell of on a very easy bit and cut his Knee and has a massive bruse. Just though i would tell you as he was so keen to tell you about my clipless moment. Oh and he Dabbed loooooads :D (only Joking Russ)

BTW If he comes along saying i went over the handle bars on a berm its all lies......even if he claims to have video footage :shock:

Not as easy as this section though :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/35159/

Mark and myself did climb a mountain today though!Check out the ascent.

Surrey200808-vi.jpg[/url]
  • pittpony
    Oh dear I can only imagine what Afan will be like with Russ and Mark trying to outdo each other on the downhills, Andy and I trying to oudo each other on the uphills and everyone trying to outdo each other by not falling off in the most silly manner (not looking good for me there)... :lol::lol::lol:

1000m of climbing today??! Good effort guys 8)
  • deadpool2e
    RussAlf wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

Not as easy as this section though :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/35159/

Mark and myself did climb a mountain today though!Check out the ascent.

Surrey200808-vi.jpg[/url]

Thats not me its a clone :D

Really Good ride Russ i was totaly exhausted. still managed to put on weight???

• RussAlf
    hahaha sorry mate it had to be done! I was up till 11:30 doing it so failry knackered today waking up at 6. I was totally exhausted yesterday evening to, both days were really good. Maybe you have put on muscle? I weighed more after the South Downs Way ride.
  • deadpool2e
    I thought you wouldnt be able to resist putting the vid up :D after me having a pop at you.