XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    yep re-routed it back in to gloomy wood but not from the "old" entrance to it.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Ade, Andy - good ride last night :)

Jon - its a real shame about your wasted journey. The wonders of modern technology eh? What a pain! :roll:
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Yeah, was good. Apart from the "bramble trail" you took us through :wink: I must've lost a pint of blood to those spikey buggers :cry:
    T'was good fun wimping out on the jumps too :wink:

Jon, maybee next time you're meeting people in a place you're not sure of, it might be an idea to make sure your mobile is charged... :roll:
  • mbnut
    mbnut Posts: 155
    Hi Deadpool... are you still on for a ride on friday, the weather doesn't look to bad for then. I did leave you my number but having not done that before i can't be sure it got to you... bit of a technophob.

I'm up for a ride Monday daytime too if anyone fancies it....

I rode at BBH yesterday and was amazed at how dry it was... almost no puddles and very little mud.... only problem was that the nettles and brambles are out of control but that was not a big issue.

Cheers
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    The brambles are mostly fine around Boxley, on the normal route anyway. Or did you literally stick to BBH Mbnut? Then I could understand it.

As for my mobile.. I charge it every night, even that morning to be sure! I sent less than 10 texts, no calls and no music.. And yet it dies.. F*ck that pissed me off!
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    The brambles are mostly fine around Boxley, on the normal route anyway. Or did you literally stick to BBH Mbnut? Then I could understand it.

As for my mobile.. I charge it every night, even that morning to be sure! I sent less than 10 texts, no calls and no music.. And yet it dies.. F*ck that pissed me off!

That sounds like my N95. Worst battery life ever!! Get a Sony Ericcson, they last for days. Maybe next time eh.

Twas a good ride last night, and those brambles were great fun!

Are there any dirt jumpers out there willing to teach 3 chickens how to jump :wink: It's rediculouse, i can do really steep bits and fairly large drop offs and step downs no problem, but anything that actually launches me into the air and my fingers on the brake!
  • flip_flop
    flip_flop Posts: 16

Are there any dirt jumpers out there willing to teach 3 chickens how to jump :wink: It's rediculouse, i can do really steep bits and fairly large drop offs and step downs no problem, but anything that actually launches me into the air and my fingers on the brake!

Join the club mate - I used to be able to table-top in my youth but any further than 1ft off the ground these days and I freeze up ... :roll:

Still like to give it some on the downhills though ;)

Just looking at your South Downs pics Andy - looks like a proper adventure... something I keep meaning to tick off the list...and plans to repeat? :lol:

Cheers.
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Papa Smurf wrote:

That sounds like my N95. Worst battery life ever!! Get a Sony Ericcson, they last for days. Maybe next time eh.

That's the thing, I had a sony ericsson and then I went on contract and have a sony ericsson w580i! Grr!

Speaking of dirt jumps.. I've been known the dabble in that area.. Nothing fancy though.
    About 15 mins downhill from the BBH viewpoint are some dirt jumps and with the correct amount of speed and confidence you can get some wicked jumps, it's very easy to work up to also, you can just get faster and faster without feeling dodgy. On the track next to the main jumps is the fast track.. It's 5-10 metre downhill ramps with a big jump at the top, hit that right and your gonna get a huge adrenaline rush...
    I popped a wheelie off it once and coastered all the way down with my back wheel going and my front coming up, literally just recovered it! Was so bloody funny though. Would be happy to show you guys down there and get a few runs going..
  • andyturner28
    flip_flop wrote:

Join the club mate - I used to be able to table-top in my youth but any further than 1ft off the ground these days and I freeze up ... :roll:

Still like to give it some on the downhills though ;)

Just looking at your South Downs pics Andy - looks like a proper adventure... something I keep meaning to tick off the list...and plans to repeat? :lol:

Cheers.

Have a look at Russ Ade and Nick's photo's too, as they are much better than mine. Have a look on the South Downs thread and they all have links to their photo's. It was a bloody good ride, and a damb good laugh, best thing i have done for a long while and can't wait to do something similar again.
  • mbnut
    mbnut Posts: 155
    Papa Smurf wrote:

The Boxley end of the North Downs Way that comes out opposite Hart road was closed up with nettles and brambles.... plus a few other bits.

Where abouts are those jumps, i'm bloody useless at jumping and could do with some practise
  • deadpool2e
    MBNUT i have PMed you my mobile number for tommorrow if your up for it.

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    Lol look what you've started Andy. Now we're all going to have to learn to jump rather than ignoring the problem until it goes away :roll:

I've seen Russ and Mark get some damn good air so i think they need to set us up a masterclass ;)
  • deadpool2e
    pittpony wrote:
    Lol look what you've started Andy. Now we're all going to have to learn to jump rather than ignoring the problem until it goes away :roll:

I've seen Russ and Mark get some damn good air so i think they need to set us up a masterclass ;)

Well let us know and i will swap my pedals over for flats, but dont get me wrong im bricking it as well (must come with old age) but will give most things a try. We need a good jumper like say Sam Hill :D If only he was in this country..........

• pittpony
    Think i might get my full sus situation sorted before i try too much. I do like the excuse of the carbon frame for not hammering it too hard though - once i have a full sus i'll have to look for other excuses!!! :oops:
  • impished
    Nick, once you get your full-sus you'll probably be faster than the rest of us anyway :wink:
  • deadpool2e
    the extra weight will slow him down (thats my reason) :D

• pittpony
    LOL :lol:

I think i'll just be shooting myself in the foot getting a full sus but dammit i'm nothing if not stubborn and single minded :wink:

I'm not looking forward to the commute on it though. Having said that i spotted some jumps in the woodland on a new way home last week so i might investigate (and slowly ride over them like a vicar)... 8)
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    pittpony wrote:

If you want to learn how to do drop offs im an expert :D im also an expert at breaking my shoulder in half. Fancy a lesson?
  • RussAlf
    impished wrote:
    Nick, once you get your full-sus you'll probably be faster than the rest of us anyway :wink:

Ill let him be faster than me on the ups but on the downs its another matter :lol::lol:
  • RussAlf
    Papa Smurf wrote:

Are you sure andy :D i remember you pushing down many sections in surrey :lol::lol:
  • RussAlf
    sorry for all the posts, i only have one arm and im doing it all with my left arm. :cry:
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    flip_flop wrote:
    Flanners1 wrote:
    I am up for a blat Mereworth, 7oaks, etc Live in TWells so will keep my eyes open on this thread.

Hi Flanners.

T Wells based here - up for a blast around the Warren or Pembury sometime? By all accounts Russalf is also TWells based so sounds like there are a few mtb refugees here ;)

Might have seen you about before - what bike are you riding? Giant XTC here.

Got a few oldies a Sugar2, M2 HT stumpy and an S-works enduro. Been off bikes for a bit but getting fitter again just did 7oaks, Oldbury woods etc tonight. I am up for cycling round Twells have lived her nearly 5 years and never ventured out on a bike from the town! So ye you are on fo a blat.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • andyturner28
    Had an interesting ride with the Kent-Trails guys tonight. I stacked it on the same trail as last time again, you know, the one with my favorite stream at the end :x This time went too fast into some massive ruts and went over the bars, smashing my knee on the top tube. Definately getting some pads for Afan!

Oh well, managed to sort my rear brake out :D I didn't wind the reach adjuster all the way in :roll: I like Avid's again now :)

Oh and despite all the rain this week Blean is quite dry. Only came accross a few big puddles, so if it is dry tomorrw we should have a good ride on Saturday. What time do you guys want to meat?
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:
    Papa Smurf wrote:

Are you sure andy :D i remember you pushing down many sections in surrey :lol::lol:

OK i'll refrais that, fairly steep bits :) And i only walked down some because you kept stopping right at the top, giving me ample time to imagine all possible bad and painfull outcomes and for my brain to tell my balls that it ain't going to happen! I can do those bits, i just need momentum and ignorance :wink:
  • flip_flop
    flip_flop Posts: 16
    Flanners1 wrote:
    flip_flop wrote:
    Flanners1 wrote:
    I am up for a blat Mereworth, 7oaks, etc Live in TWells so will keep my eyes open on this thread.

Hi Flanners.

T Wells based here - up for a blast around the Warren or Pembury sometime? By all accounts Russalf is also TWells based so sounds like there are a few mtb refugees here ;)

Got a few oldies a Sugar2, M2 HT stumpy and an S-works enduro. Been off bikes for a bit but getting fitter again just did 7oaks, Oldbury woods etc tonight. I am up for cycling round Twells have lived her nearly 5 years and never ventured out on a bike from the town! So ye you are on fo a blat.

I think I've seen someone scooting around on one of the newer Enduros (with the triple clamps) on Camden Road - is that you?

Monday and Tuesday are looking nice if you're about in the evening? This weekend is a bit busy for me. Anyone else is welcome if they are in the T Wells area.

Oh, plenty of good rides around T Wells riding out from town, even some fun trails through the common on the way out (just watch for dog walkers!!)

Cheers.
  • pittpony
    I'm still on for tomorrow. I'm going out for a quiet drink tonight so will desperately need some kind of self control and more importantly a lie-in :lol: I'm free all day tomorrow though so name your time. Is midday too late? Only i might be meeting a friend for an hour round the woods first. Let me know what you think as i haven't made any concrete plans yet.
  • impished
    Oh and despite all the rain this week Blean is quite dry. Only came accross a few big puddles, so if it is dry tomorrw we should have a good ride on Saturday. What time do you guys want to meat?
    Sorry fellas gotta blow-out Saturday after all :cry: Something to do with in-laws :evil: & relatives & babies :? .... oh, and beer :P

Might be able to get permission for Sunday though. I'll let you know :wink:
  • RussAlf
    pittpony wrote:
    I'm still on for tomorrow. I'm going out for a quiet drink tonight so will desperately need some kind of self control and more importantly a lie-in :lol: I'm free all day tomorrow though so name your time. Is midday too late? Only i might be meeting a friend for an hour round the woods first. Let me know what you think as i haven't made any concrete plans yet.

Oh yeah? meeting someone in the woods huh?
  • RussAlf
    flip_flop wrote:
    Flanners1 wrote:
    flip_flop wrote:
    Flanners1 wrote:

Hi Flanners.

I think I've seen someone scooting around on one of the newer Enduros (with the triple clamps) on Camden Road - is that you?

Monday and Tuesday are looking nice if you're about in the evening? This weekend is a bit busy for me. Anyone else is welcome if they are in the T Wells area.

Oh, plenty of good rides around T Wells riding out from town, even some fun trails through the common on the way out (just watch for dog walkers!!)

Cheers.

Would love to jion you mate but currently armless.

Very jealous of your ride on saturday guys, think of me sitting at home doing nothing (violins) :(:( I blame it all on mark.
  • impished
    I'm sure you'll get a chance to get your own back soon Russ :twisted: Think of Marks' lovely new forks & front wheel he's gonna want to show off with :wink: