XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    You guys been bored this afternoon? Should've come to Bedgebury with me ;)
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Did you enjoy the gravel?
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Yes yes, very bored! My knee still hasn't healed from that bloody gravel!

I wish i had gone with you now. I decided that as i havn't had more than 6 hours a night sleep all week after our little jaunt last weekend, i'd have a lie in and a lazy day. but i spent most of it debating wheather to go out for a ride or not! Oh well, i stipped all my drivetrain apart and cleaned everything, so the cranks don't creak any more. I wish i did that before last weekend though as hearing that bloody creak for 100miles nearly sent me over the edge! Hope you had a good day. How did you get on with the gravel?
  • pittpony
    Glad you got that creak sorted Andy - it was starting to irritate me too which is why i kept disappearing into the distance :wink::wink::wink:

Yeah there is a lot of gravel at the moment but its showing signs of packing down in most places. Those berms might be OK once they mature but are not so much fun at low speeds. We also saved £7.50 by using Breezer's trick and parking in the layby, then promptly blew over £10 on a couple of sandwiches and coffees!!
  • pittpony
    Had a good ride round BBH today linking up the best bits we've found previously. It was quite hot in the sun so hard on the climbs but great fun 8) We also found a great 'home made' dropoff, berm and downhill section next to one of the usual downhills. Some of it was quite technical - I reckon you guys would love it!
  • RussAlf
    Old News Nicky Boy Old News!
    BBH130308-vi.jpg

Found that a while back. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It was bloody windy today, almost came to a stop on my fold up. Glad you had a good ride, i think you should become ill on wednesday, mark and myself are going to swinley hopefully.
  • andyturner28
    Sounds good :) Anyone fancy i ride up there during the week? I can use the car any day except Tuesday. Go on, you know you want to :wink: I can make do with Blean if you can't do BBH.

Ade- You are ordered to ride with me sometime this week, i want that bleed kit so i can sort my hose out :)

Andy.

Oh and i think i have officially gone mad. I just spent £85 on a pair of shorts :shock: They had better be good!
  • RussAlf
    £85??? you could have bought 2 pairs of cheap ones and worn them both at the same time, job done.
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    Old News Nicky Boy Old News!
    BBH130308-vi.jpg

Found that a while back. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It was bloody windy today, almost came to a stop on my fold up. Glad you had a good ride, i think you should become ill on wednesday, mark and myself are going to swinley hopefully.
    Lol that'll teach me for getting all clever ;):lol: Would love to come on Wednesday. Is that a sore throat i feel coming on? Hmm, on second thoughts I'll probably have to give it a miss :(

Andy - i'm on for BBH or Blean one evening. I can't do tonight, Thurs or Fri. I officially appoint you as trip organiser so let me know where to be and when!!

Hope those shorts are good! Actually don't tell me if they are as i'll only go and get some for myself!
  • pittpony
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ Sorry Andy, can only do Tuesday evening now. Let me know if that suits you!
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625

Oh and i think i have officially gone mad. I just spent £85 on a pair of shorts :shock: They had better be good!

Join the mad club, what ones did you get??

BTW i should be down at Herne Bay Sat/Sun If im aloud out by the wife anyone want to show me around blean?? Early Sunday would be good for me if possable. :D
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Sounds like we've got a weekend @ Blean then :wink: (been a while :roll: )

Any lurkers out there are more than welcome to come along and sample the (simple) delights of Blean.

Andy. I'm defo up for an evening @ BBH or Blean. The only evening I can't do is Thursday, apart from that I'm easy.
    I feel it's only fair to warn you, though, I haven't been on the bike (or cleaned it) since last weekends SDW!!!!! :oops: My garage smells like a cows undercrackers!!!! :evil:
  • pittpony
    I'll hopefully be around on Sunday morning (depending on whether i go out Saturday). What time were you thinking? I'll try not to get lost again this time ;)

And how about a warmup tomorrow evening?
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ Sorry Andy, can only do Tuesday evening now. Let me know if that suits you!

Yep i can do tomorrow, but i won't have the car, so we could either train it to Chatham and do BBH or do Blean. I can get the train streight from work so can be there just after 6. What do you think?

Andy.
  • andyturner28
    deadpool2e wrote:

Join the mad club, what ones did you get??

BTW i should be down at Herne Bay Sat/Sun If im aloud out by the wife anyone want to show me around blean?? Early Sunday would be good for me if possable. :D

Hi Mark.

I went for Gore Alp X Pro's, but starting to think i should have got some Assos lycra's instead and wear my existing shorts over them :roll: Can you imagine how pissed i would be if they got ripped in a fall. I;ll see what they are like when they turn up....

I can't do Sunday as i am riding in France with Kent-Trails. Oh well, next time.

Andy.
  • andyturner28
    impished wrote:
    Sounds like we've got a weekend @ Blean then :wink: (been a while :roll: )

Any lurkers out there are more than welcome to come along and sample the (simple) delights of Blean.

Andy. I'm defo up for an evening @ BBH or Blean. The only evening I can't do is Thursday, apart from that I'm easy.
    I feel it's only fair to warn you, though, I haven't been on the bike (or cleaned it) since last weekends SDW!!!!! :oops: My garage smells like a cows undercrackers!!!! :evil:

Don't worry Ade, apart from riding to work i havn't been out either. I only washed the bike on Thursday i think, you'r in for a treat :lol: As soon as water toched it the whole road stunk. I havn't got round to washing the front mudguard thingy yet so that is still stinking the garage out! Ever since SDW though my ride home uphill from work is sooo much easyer :D
  • pittpony
    Andy, Blean is better for me tomorrow. I have a lot of time to make up at work and a lot of money to spend this week so could probably do with leaving later and not forking out for the train! I can get to Blean for 6.45 if that's any good for you? Any other takers??
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    Andy, Blean is better for me tomorrow. I have a lot of time to make up at work and a lot of money to spend this week so could probably do with leaving later and not forking out for the train! I can get to Blean for 6.45 if that's any good for you? Any other takers??

Yip, that's alright with me Nick. That good for you Ade, and anyone else who want's to tag along? :)
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    I might be up for this, should be able to make the time easily enough too... Will check train times now...
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Fuck knows when I'll be out of work but I should be able to get to sittingbourne for about 5.30 of 6.14, but am stuck from there, plus it can get pricy..
    If I got the later train I wouldn't have time to get to Blean.
    Talked to Ade at Guilford about meeting him at sittingbourne but he's not got back to me (Well, I did text at like 10 past 11! Oops!)
    So yeah, I may be there.. I may not..
  • pittpony
    Sorry to mess you around but I'm out for tomorrows ride :( Still on for Sunday though!
  • andyturner28
    pittpony wrote:
    Sorry to mess you around but I'm out for tomorrows ride :( Still on for Sunday though!

You know you really should get your prioreties right, riding your bike is the most important thing in the world :) :twisted: Oh well, can you do next week at all?

Can you still make tomorrow Ade? It's not the same riding on my own any more, espesially with my crap sence of direction :roll: I tried finding some of our regular route's again today, but it is all so overgrown at the moment i had no chance! Then tried to find a really good trail over thorndon woods i did with Kent Trails, couldn't find it then came back a completely different way :x I want a GPS!

If you can come tomorrow Ade, don't forget the blead kit. I'll pick up some more fluid in Downlands tomorrow.

Andy.
  • pittpony
    pittpony wrote:

You know you really should get your prioreties right, riding your bike is the most important thing in the world :) :twisted: Oh well, can you do next week at all?

Can you still make tomorrow Ade? It's not the same riding on my own any more, espesially with my crap sence of direction :roll: I tried finding some of our regular route's again today, but it is all so overgrown at the moment i had no chance! Then tried to find a really good trail over thorndon woods i did with Kent Trails, couldn't find it then came back a completely different way :x I want a GPS!

If you can come tomorrow Ade, don't forget the blead kit. I'll pick up some more fluid in Downlands tomorrow.

Andy.
    I know, I know... Next week should be much better as I'm a lot less busy :)
  • impished
    PAPA SMURF wrote:
    So yeah, I may be there.. I may not..
    Papa's not coming now. Something to do with bees apparantly :wink:
    ANDYTURNER wrote:
    I'm still up for Blean Andy. I will remind you, though, 1st time I've been out in a week so I might be a bit noob'ish. :oops: And I PROMISE I'll remember the bleed kit this time :roll:

No one else up for a roll round Blean? Come on! You know it makes sense :twisted:
  • andyturner28
    impished wrote:
    Something to do with bees apparantly :wink:
    :lol::lol:

I only went out last night for the first time, and am feeling quite stiff today, so i won't be hammering it round. Shall we stick to 6:45, or earlyer?

John- If you want to do Blean in the future, just get a train to Canterbury west and follow the signs for Whitstable up the hill. Then when you come to a mini roundabout hang a left and then a right when you see a brown sign for Blean Nature Reserve.

Andy.
  • pittpony
    Have a good ride tonight guys. I'm gutted i can't make it out :( No exercise yesterday or today is making me grumpy!!
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    So guys what time sunday?? take it we will meet at the car park? earlier is better for me.

Cheers
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony
    Suggest your time Mark. Then I'll probably try to persuade you to make it later ;)

How about 9, or were you thinking earlier?

Andy, Ade - hope you had a good ride tonight. Did you find us a good route for Sunday??
  • impished
    PITTPONY wrote:
    Andy, Ade - hope you had a good ride tonight.
    We had a really good ride actually, cheers. The trails are really dry and fast.
    PITTPONY wrote:
    Did you find us a good route for Sunday??
    Erm, let's just say; We though we knew Blean like the back of our hands. :wink:
  • pittpony
    :lol::lol:
    I take it there was an intentional detour then? Glad its riding nicely. Can't wait to get out again!