XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Mark = Yellow Stumpjumper

Loved it
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    Chris. Black avalanche. the one everyone waited for :oops:
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    PANTER -
    remember, it wasn't a race, just an easy way of getting like-minded people together. Next time we'll have to make sure we all go for a sarnie after :wink:
    Have a look here and here or here for some decent vids & tips on improving skills. :wink: (yes, I know I need to view 'em a bit more :oops: :roll: )
  • Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    Thanks Ade, appreciated 8)

I've seen most of the MTB Britain videos, its my regular home TBH. Did you know those loons did Cadair Idris recently :shock: I find that a tough walk let alone ride :lol:
    I'll have a good look at the other links when I get home as I'm supposed to be working, apparently :lol:

Don't you be watching those vids though, you were like a greased whippet through those trees as it was :shock: :lol:

Cheers

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Darren = Silver Azonic
  • breezer
    Its good doing the same section a few times like we did with that last downhill as then you can remember bits you got wrong before, try different lines etc. I kept having trouble on that bit where there was the steep short downhill to the right, almost no front brake meant I just had to put it sideways to slow me down, new pads going in tonight! :)
  • breezer
    deadpool2e: Regarding your Garmin. If you can load a route into memory map, try saving it (right click on it) as a .gpx file. Google Earth can apparently then open these if you load it and go to File-->Open so will hopefully overlay it
  • Mike - Black Giant, silly tyres + wingey brakes
  • Hey Neil (thorpey), Hows that rear brake now? Is it still dragging?
  • breezer wrote:
    deadpool2e: Regarding your Garmin. If you can load a route into memory map, try saving it (right click on it) as a .gpx file. Google Earth can apparently then open these if you load it and go to File-->Open so will hopefully overlay it

Need memory map first.......... :cry:

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    If anyone was up at Bedgebury today you might have seen me struggling around with a group of mates :D
  • lego
    lego Posts: 769
    Didn't go today, but I'm going up early tomorrow (Sunday for those that have been to the pub tonight). Hoping to get there 8.30 - 9.00. anyone else going?

I'll be on the bike in me sig
  • impished
    Dahhh :cry: Only just woke up :oops: (10:00)
    Might stick to Blean today.. hope you have a nice one Ian
  • Brakes fine now lost-time and bikes clean as well now - first time in several weeks.
    Cant remember now who helped me sort that but thanks again! :D

just bought one of them camelbaks so keen to get out maybe sometime next weekend if anyone fancies it- May do some trails around bluebell or is that too hilly for you lads :lol:
  • impished
    I'm up for next weekend 8)

I like to think of myself as a pacer :lol: I'm here to stop you all going too fast and hurting yourselves :wink:
    (and for anyone over 30, when I say Pacer, no, I don't mean the green/white sweet from back in da day :wink: )

Name a time & venue :wink::D
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Wouldnt mind coming along on one of these rides at Bedgebury if that would be ok?Only really just started riding but have been currrently been riding up on the North downs way but really should come along to bedgebury as its alot closer to home!

Russ
  • thorpey82 wrote:
    Brakes fine now lost-time and bikes clean as well now - first time in several weeks.
    Cant remember now who helped me sort that but thanks again! :D

just bought one of them camelbaks so keen to get out maybe sometime next weekend if anyone fancies it- May do some trails around bluebell or is that too hilly for you lads :lol:

Well, I pushed your pads apart with a plastic tire lever.....

I'm going to try and sort out a ride around Blean woods on the 7th Oct so keep an eye out on the Blean thread.

I was over Bluebell Hill yeasterday. Did a fantastic (but shortish) DH only to be followed by a great(!) climb up a loose gravel path (the one with wooden steps...).......
  • Yeah i remember it being pretty technical!! :lol:

7th sounds good to me. ill check out that thread.

thorpey
  • impished wrote:

(and for anyone over 30, when I say Pacer, no, I don't mean the green/white sweet from back in da day :wink: )

I was more of a Spangle person actually.....(but not those horible dishwater coloured ones.)
  • HI all,

Any one fancy Bedge tommorrow?? (i know its late in the day) at about 8:30am ish. (fancy it thorpey or will you be in bed still :D )

as just got my bike back after they replaced the frame under warenty and want to try it out.

Let me know by ether pm or reply to this thread

Cheers

Mark aka Deadpool2e

• RussAlf
    Should be heading there monday or tuesday depending on how much it rains today to fill it up with water.
  • breezer
    I went there last tuesday night with a friend testing out my new home made light, excellent fun! :D
  • impished
    I bet it's fun in the dark :shock:

I'm hoping Father Christmas sees fit to supply me with some decent lights this year :roll: , then I'm gonna have a go at a night ride. :twisted:
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    Is there any chance of letting one of the two kent threads die? It's starting to get a wee bit confusing.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous
  • RussAlf
    Night ride sounds fun, might have to do one sometime soon. Could be a bit scary on my own though.

Heading to Westcott area tomorrow if anyone is around?
  • impished
    dunnnooo,
    d'ya wanna start a "KENT POSSEE" thread then :wink:
  • breezer
    I made my own Impished. Cost about £100 all in using 20W MR16 bulb running off RC car battery packs. Far brighter than my friends £200 Lumicycle Halogens even though that had a 20w flood and 12w spot!

Links to photos on here http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&start=15
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    impished wrote:
    dunnnooo,
    d'ya wanna start a "KENT POSSEE" thread then :wink:

Would this be before of after the 'blean woods' thread I was thinking about as well?
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    dunnnooo wrote:
    Is there any chance of letting one of the two kent threads die? It's starting to get a wee bit confusing.

I'm happy to let the Blean thread die if you don't mind me posting on this instead...

I'll be riding at Blean Woods (starting at Rough Common), Sat 3rd November in the morning. Anyone else up for it?? I think Impished is interested :D
  • impished
    Hi Pittpony,
    I'm a definate for 3rd November :P

I'll be there wiv a black Carrerra Fury on top of a black Fiesta.

What time you thinking? Earlier the better for me personally :roll:

Have you tried PMing the other usual thread posters? Might steer 'em in the right direction. :wink:

I don't know why I agree to these meet-up really :roll: , I'm always reminded how unfit and slow I really am :cry: . but anyway I'll be there come rain or shine, hot or cold!!! :twisted:

p.s. let's keep to this thread and we'll try getting more read/posts than the Cambridge possee :wink: