XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    How we gonna recognise each other?
    Red carnation in helmet? :wink:

Either that or we could meet up in the car park? LOST-TIME said he's in a yellow :shock: Beetle. Can't be many of them to get confused by!!!!
  • impished wrote:
    How we gonna recognise each other?
    quote]

Name our bikes? (Yellow Stumpjumper) we will prob be the only ones there at that time.
    I have a blue ford galaxy also.
    I think Thorpy should choose where to meet as he started the thread.

Looking forward to it.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    good point... go for it Thorpey name you place :wink:

p.s. black Carrera Fury / silver Peugeot 307
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Havent been keeping up to date with this forum!

Organised ride at Bedgebury this Sunday AM from 8.30? How many laps are you going to do? I used to manage two but still having leg issues these days.

Impished have you been there since they felled that really dark area and put in a detour up a fire road?

I am off there tonight after work to play on the north shore and some of the singletrack but may be up for a ride on Sunday AM.

I really should start a proper thread but, I have been playing with some GPS kit at work which you can load into Google Earth. Here is the Bedgebury course for anyone interested. With the data file I get you can see speed, time, acceleration, braking etc

Red bit is the official start. Blue bit shows where the track used to go before being felled and now detours on the green bit.

http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/iB_html/uploads/post-1-78528-bedgebury.jpg
  • impished
    Yeah, the dark bit is mentioned on the Boars On Bikes website. Funilly enough it was called Gloomy Wood :P
    Seems they're in the process of updating the trails & northshore

As for laps... I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 :twisted:
    of the car park, then 1 round the woods :wink:
    I'm not as fit as I'd like to be :roll: so I'll probably pretend to fall off and walk back if you all leave me too far behind :oops: :wink:

Have you worked out how to put your route on the public Google Maps "My Maps" bit?
  • breezer
    There is a new bit of NS that I swear wasnt there last time I went a few months back that I found 2 weeks ago. I dont normally park in the car park due to the silly costs and instead park on the layby on the A21 as its only 5 minutes to the single track on a bridleway. You join the course on the 2nd bit so avoid that first silly hill up from the car park as well!

Not had a look yet, will do at some point, also have Friston Forest XC course and a ride I do up over the downs from eastbourne, down into jevington then friston then back up
  • Rite lads firstly id like to say awesome response :D - Secondly ud better all turn up :twisted: ha

Ok i say we meet by bike wash-ive got a black cape wrath by the way and a grey passat.

And as for laps i was thinking around 1.73 to be precise!! :) Ill aim to pm u all my number is case of any problems.

Its a date!

Thorpey
  • In fact i wont bother sending u guys my num - just realised its posted on here anyway!!! :roll:

4p
  • impished
    So, at the moment we're looking at :-
    1. Thorpey82 = Black Cape Wrath
    2. Impished = Black Carrera Fury
    3. Deadpool2e = Yellow Stumpjumper
    4. Panter = Black Avalanche
    5. Giantalkali = Black Giant
    6. Lost-time = Red Inbred
    7. Breezer = Breezer Lightning Pro (what!?!!?)
    8. Anyone else that wants to come over and say "Hi!" :wink:

@ Bedgebury bike-wash @ 8:30am :shock:
  • impished wrote:
    I'm not as fit as I'd like to be :roll: so I'll probably pretend to fall off and walk back if you all leave me too far behind

Dont worry impished ill prob be at the back with you as well, im no race whippet.

Any one going to bring a camera??

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    musta read my mind about the camera... :shock:
    I've got a camera somewhere :? , think the kids been taking photo's of the floor with it :roll: . If I can find it I'll bring it :wink:
    Might be an idea if anyone else has one :lol:
  • Hi,
    Wish i was going!!....hopefully i might make the next one....have a goodun,and dont for get ,plenty of pics!!

cheers simon
  • Impished - Good man- u just saved me half an hour of going through 5 pages of replies to work out who was riding wot. :D

4p
  • impished
    and that was done under the affluence of incahol :wink: :roll:
  • Excellent system of recognition! Beats the red carnation thing! My last carnation got eaten by a Beagle...

Should be a good turnout.

I was only looking to do 2 - 3 laps....
  • breezer
    Impished: Never heard of a Breezer?! One of if not the first mtb's ever sold! Only sold in the uk in 1992. Thats my commuter anyway. My azonic fs is in bits so looks like I will have to drag my small street Dmr Trailstar out! Went up there last night and did a new bit of north shore I hadnt before. Ramp was a bit steep, apparently my rear wheel was off the ground the entire way down! Then I fell off one of the logs and skewered my left inner thigh with the end of my bars, could have been worse though if 4" to the right! :shock:
  • breezer
    Who had the brilliant idea of 8.30 on a sunday anyway :o

Might get up extra early and bolt the xc bike bake together as the thought of the hills on a 9 speed heavy bike with flat pedals isnt appealing right now!
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Hope you guys had fun today :D
  • Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    Just a quick thanks to everyone 8)

Great company, and a far more technical ride than I'd anticipated. I hope you didn't all get too bored keep waiting for me, although I noticed someone had time to whittle a scale model of a full susser whilst waiting for me to catch up on one section :oops: :lol:

I'll keep working at it and hopefully do a bit better next time 8)

I'm sure you lot had hidden engines though, lightning fast :lol:

Mikes skills were pretty amazing on the freeride section too weren't they? I've never seen a bike act as an extension to someones thoughts, let alone body before

:shock:

Oh and sorry I missed out on the 3rd lap of that piece of singletrack. I really did have to get home to the family. The fact that my heart was gonna explode and my legs simply drop off in the same way a lizard sheds its tail when threatened was purely coincidental :lol:

Cheers again

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • impished
    :lol:
    Damn fine ride! Cheers guys :P
    Can't believe we had a 100% turnout!! :shock:

Sunk, Amos, etc maybe next time, eh :wink:

As for pics.... oops, we did'nt get any pics :roll: :oops:

Hmmm, now to go get fit :roll: :oops:
  • 'Twas a good laugh wasn't it?

Hey Panter, if that's the most technical stuff you've ridden then you did really well. We'll have to organise a session around Blean/Clowes/Thornden woods one sunday...

Cheers guys.

Paul
  • Cheers guys,

Wicked day out and lovely weather for it too.

Panter it wasn't a case of 'waiting' for you, more a brief respite being more than welcome. Respect for managing to charge through about 15km (?) despite being fairly new to it all.

Let's do it again sometime, as it's local Blean is ideal for me but I don't know the best routes.

Cheers
    Mike
  • Loved it guys cheers for a great morning.

The rest of the day i was dragged around the shops by the wife..........

great bunch of blokes.

• Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    Hey Panter, if that's the most technical stuff you've ridden

Hmm, hard to say really. I've only done one other trail in my life (only been doing this 6 m onths) which was Gorlech at Brechfa in Wales. I guess that would be more technical, with lots of jumps and berms and steep banking turns but it was all rock and slate and fairly smooth.
    Don't get me wrong, I was desperately slow round Brechfa too, but it didn't have the tree roots and muddy,rutted patches that really unnerved me.

Thanks for the kind comments anyway Guys, number one goal was to simply survive it, and I just managed that :lol:

I shall try to get in as much practice as I can to get my speed up a bit. I don't mind being slow uphill, I expected that and its just part of my ongoing training but to be so desperately slow downhill was a bit dissapointing. Damn that "old age fear factor" :D

Cheers

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • breezer
    Its quite rutted there so I wouldnt worry about it. The problem is if you hit one bit and lose your momentum, you end up smashing into the next bit instead of floating over it.

Good ride so thanks all. That last bit being done in the other direction is MUCH better and quite a cain now 8)
  • lego
    lego Posts: 769
    Ok Now I've got the next weekend off (22nd & 23rd) whats everyone doing? Anyone going to bedgebury or have you all done it to death.
  • impished
    Ian,
    start a thread with a poll, we can all vote for Bedgebury or Blean....
  • Hey Guys

Sorry for late reply- again!!!

Had a great morning- Def have to do it all again and a big thanks to everyone for turning up. Legs still aching now! :oops:

Can i make a suggestion - A list of bikes and next to them wot ur names r cos i remember about 1 or 2 - shocking memory i know :roll:

Neil - cape wrath
  • impished
    Thorpey82 wrote:
    Can i make a suggestion - A list of bikes and next to them wot ur names r cos i remember about 1 or 2 - shocking memory i know

Neil - cape wrath

Ade = black Carrera Fury
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    edited September 2007
    Paul AKA lost-time on the forum = red Inbred.