XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    MBNUT wrote:
    Anyone riding during the evenings this week...
    Where you looking to ride?

Me, Pittpony & Andyturner tend to do evening rides at Blean (see previous pages for details) but I'm sure BBH would be interesting in the evening 8)
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    I'd prefer Blean for an evening ride as BBH involves trains and lifts for me so would be a very early finish from work. I think i can do Tuesday or Wednesday this week...
  • impished
    Good point Pittpony. I think Andy would have the same issue, too.

MBNUT, are you up for an evening ride at Blean?
  • mbnut
    mbnut Posts: 155
    How about Wednesday evening at Blean....

What time and where...

To be honest i#m a bit nervous as i really don't know if i'm as fit or fast as anyone else but i just love riding my bike.

Look forward to seeing you there...

Cheers
  • impished
    MBNUT wrote:
    How about Wednesday evening at Blean....
    Sounds good to me. Anyone else?
    About 18:30 sound OK?
    MBNUT wrote:
    To be honest i'm a bit nervous as i really don't know if i'm as fit or fast as anyone else but i just love riding my bike.
    Don't worry about that. I'm no where near as fit as I thought I was/would like to be. :oops: Andy & Pittpony will blast up the hills :shock: but at least they have the decency to wait for stragglers/me. And most importantly we all just love riding our bikes and as long as a trail puts a smile on your face that's all that matters :P

MBNUT, you ridden Blean before? I rode there Saturday. Trails are dry 'n fast. :twisted:
  • mbnut
    18.30 is fine for me.

Just tell me where and i'll be there.

I have never ridden around Blean so looking forward to somewhere new... and dry and fast sounds good.

Cheers
  • impished
    Blean is here. This map is for the carpark but you'll see a sign for R.S.P.B. Bird Park (or summink like that) on "Rough Common Road". Normally meet in the carpark or outside if I'm late (as per usual :roll: )
  • pcsplace
    pcsplace Posts: 118
    impished wrote:
    Blean is here. This map is for the carpark but you'll see a sign for R.S.P.B. Bird Park (or summink like that) on "Rough Common Road". Normally meet in the carpark or outside if I'm late (as per usual :roll: )

I may be up for this but all depends on if I can get the car back off my wife in time! I live in Ashford so will need to drive over. How long does the Blean ride usually take?
    Orange 5 Pro 2008
    GT Avalanche 2.0 2007
  • pittpony
    Count me in for tomorrow 8)
  • impished
    PCSPLACE wrote:
    How long does the Blean ride usually take?
    We normally spend 2-3 hours but due to the nature of the trails at Blean you're never very far from the start point, so can always jump on the tarmac/fireroad/shortcut back to the carpark.
  • mbnut
    Ok i'll be at the car park at 18.30... looking forward to it.

Cheers
  • impished
    Ace 8) See you and Pittpony @ 18:30 (ish :roll: ) at Blean car park Wednesday Evening.

Anyone else? All welcome. As I said earlier there's no fear of being left behind when I'm riding :wink:
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    I would be up for it but i am having a saddle/shorts/ass compatability problem at the moment. Got really bad saddle sore yesterday, so i think it might be a good idea to have a couple of days off. I'll see what it is like tomorrow though and let you know.

Andy.
  • pcsplace
    pcsplace Posts: 118
    Looks like I won't make it, wife has the car so maybe next time guys!
    Orange 5 Pro 2008
    GT Avalanche 2.0 2007
  • impished
    Oh well, looks like just me and Pittpony then :roll:
    Unless Andy uses some of his super-human-hill-climbing powers :wink: to repair himself. :lol:
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    Oh well, looks like just me and Pittpony then :roll:
    Unless Andy uses some of his super-human-hill-climbing powers :wink: to repair himself. :lol:

Mbnut is still coming isn't he? And if Andy actually stays in of an evening rather than riding i'll be staggered ;)

See you at 6.30, or possibly a couple of mins late as my tyre was slowly going flat this morning and i didn't have time to change the tube...
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    I would jion you guys but unfortunately im working nights again :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • impished
    RUSSALF wrote:
    I would jion you guys but unfortunately im working nights again
    Ohhhh, I was looking forward to seeing the Dahon round Blean :twisted:
  • andyturner28
    Decided i am coming along. I'll peddal standing the whole time if i have to!

Andy.
  • pittpony
    Nice ride tonight guys. Sorry i got lost so early and made you come all the way back to the start! Andy, have given it some careful thought and I reckon yours is the second best crash i've seen after Ade's notorious BBH incident. For those not lucky enough to see it, Andy saw some rare fish in a stream below the trail and decided to have a closer look. A complete 180 degree flip later and he was lying on his back 5 feet below the trail with his bike on top of him :lol: Very spectacular and you're damn lucky not to have hurt yourself more!!
  • RussAlf
    ahahaha Andy you fell off twice on Monday!
  • pittpony
    RussAlf wrote:
    Was it just twice? :wink::lol:
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:

They weren't proper falls though. One was a slipping chain and the other just going too slow over a log. Tonights was most definately a propper fall! I can't beleave i only got a bruised knee, i couldn't have landed more perfectly, right in the middle of my ruck sack. So glad i got one with a back protecter now. Was thinking of changing it, but not any more!

Andy.
  • impished
    Hope the knee doesn't start playing you up Andy :? I still can't believe you're the 1st of us to fall at that spot!!! (rather you than me, though :wink: )

Really enjoyed last nights ride fellas.
    Good to meet you MBNUT (+1). Please believe me, we don't normally play hide-n-seek :roll:
    Great weather for it too. 8)
  • impished
    Short notice but me, Pittpony, Andyturner and (possibly) Russalf are going for a ride at BlueBell Hill tomorrow (Sunday) meeting at The Lookout carpark @ 2pm.

We're gonna hammer it a bit :roll: , but all are welcome. 8)
  • andyturner28
    impished wrote:
    We're gonna hammer it a bit :roll: , but all are welcome. 8)

What, you too Ade? Only joking :)

Do you guys fancy finnishing up with a pint in the Robin Hood?

Andy.
  • RussAlf
    Sorry guys i cant make it tomorrow my bike is in bits.
  • impished
    RUSSALF wrote:
    Sorry guys i cant make it tomorrow my bike is in bits.
    you sure it's not just folded in half :wink::lol:
  • RussAlf
    Well i could always ride that one, see if you can keep up with me on the downhills on that one :lol:

Biike has no Chain, Rear Mech or Cassette on it at present. However i have a KMC chain to go on and ive just ordered an XT Shadow. :D:D
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:
    Well i could always ride that one, see if you can keep up with me on the downhills on that one :lol:

Biike has no Chain, Rear Mech or Cassette on it at present. However i have a KMC chain to go on and ive just ordered an XT Shadow. :D:D

I have an old XT rear mech you can borrow if you want to ride tomorrow. It is the same length cage as the Shaddow so you won't have to alter the chain length again when you get the new one. I also have a brand new 08 XT cassette if you want to buy that off me. I want you to come because i am planning on bringing some balls with me tomorrow and i want to see if i can keep up with you down the steps this time :)

Andy.