XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    pittpony wrote:
    Managed to do an hour on the treadmill and 60 squats (no i didn't have dihorea!) last night, so it can't be that bad.

Andy.

If that's you're idea of taking it easy i'm not sure you'll be welcome next weekend ;);)

Yeah looks like a good turnout for Saturday despite the silly early start (sorry :oops: )! Hope you can make it next weekend, or how about sometime in the week for a night ride? :twisted:

Well it was an hour's walking. It has no motor so to make it work at all it has to be a quite an incline, so it is a bit like walking up a mountain. I still burnt just under 1000 calories and i was only doing about 3.5mph!

Weekday evening rides are no problem, depending on weather. I don't do strong wind any more, i HATE it! Just let me know before 5, and i can't realy do before 6:30.

Andy.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Its looking like a good turnout for tomorrow :D So far on the roll call:

Pittpony
    Impished
    Losttime
    Neilhead

Have i missed anyone? Anyone else want to join us? Saturday 19th Jan, 7.45am at Rough Common
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    I reckon Thorpey musta sold his bike :wink: Certainly knows how to start a popular thread, eh 8)
  • impished
    Anyone taking a camera/helmet cam?
    Where are you when we need you Deadpool2e? :wink:
  • i will be stuck trying to get the postmen to do there job :shock: , but rest asure i will be thinking of you lot. Cars sorted now so will be back in action again soon. Have a good one.
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    7.45am ?? Is that a typo LOL I must do another ride with you lot at some point, only done the one Bedgebury one so far but I am down in Hastings so quite a trek to get up Canterbury way
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    Anyone taking a camera/helmet cam?
    Where are you when we need you Deadpool2e? :wink:
    Might put a camera in the bag but haven't rigged it up for 'on the trail' footage yet - couldn't find any long enough zip ties in town.
  • NEILHEAD
    NEILHEAD Posts: 435
    what time from medway should i leave???
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • pittpony
    NEILHEAD wrote:
    what time from medway should i leave???
    One for Impished i think. I guess its about half an hours drive at that time in the morning though...
  • NEILHEAD
    ok ill leave myself 45mins to be sure im in a silver frontera how will i spot you guys (or will you all be wearing a yellow rose :wink: )

• impished
    45mins should do it at that time of day. Have you found it?

We'll probably be milling about either at the entrance to the car-park (bloody height-restrictors!!!!) or in the car park. Have a look at the "forum dudes" pics to help you recognise me & PittPony.

But we tend to just say "Hi, you here for the forum ride?" when we're looking for peeps :shock:
    PITTPONY wrote:
    Great ride tonight Impished - can't believe how different those trails are in the dark!! Great fun
    yeah, but I checked my bike over tonight, only to find 2, yes, 2 punctures :shock: Changing inners at 21:00 (better than 06:00).... Missus thought I'd left her :twisted:

Oh, and see you tomorrow guys
  • pittpony
    Really enjoyed this morning - thanks for the tour of Thornden Woods Losttime!

Just had time to get the photos uploaded before my train.

Got to dash now, but am on for Monday night at Blean. 6.30pm, all welcome as always!!
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    pittpony wrote:
    Really enjoyed this morning - thanks for the tour of Thornden Woods Losttime!

Just had time to get the photos uploaded before my train.

Got to dash now, but am on for Monday night at Blean. 6.30pm, all welcome as always!!

No worries..... A little 'soggy' in places but all rideable. Imagine in the summer............

I should be good for monday. Will post here if not.

Cheers.

Paul
  • impished
    Argh! Just seen the piccies. Didn't even have time to do my hair :oops:

Yeah, nice ride. Nice 'n muddy!!! :twisted:

Good to meet you again Neil after all these years. Maybe Cobham next time, eh.
  • NEILHEAD
    Hi guys thank you for the tour today i really enjoyed it.Your all very welcome to join me in cobham im going out tommorow if any of you fancy it?
    p.s. i told you i had my eyes shut in the second picture :lol:

• andyturner28
    Hey guy's. Glad you had a good one.

I'm up for monday. Are you meating in the car park as usual?

Hope this bloody wind dies down by then! I rode to Minnis bay on Thursday thinking the wind was mostly offshore. Wrong, headwind the entire 13 miles home, i bearly got above 10mph the whole way back. I thought my thighs were going to explode :shock:

Andy.
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Looks like a good ride someday ill be able to make it, how are the conditions at Blean with all this rain? should be heading there on Tuesday for a ride.

In the pictures who has the meta? pretty sure i meet him at bedgebury about a month back at the jump section. Could be mistaken though!
  • andyturner28
    RussAlf wrote:
    Looks like a good ride someday ill be able to make it, how are the conditions at Blean with all this rain? should be heading there on Tuesday for a ride.

In the pictures who has the meta? pretty sure i meet him at bedgebury about a month back at the jump section. Could be mistaken though!

That would be Lost Time. Hope you can make it on Monday Paul, would be nice to finally ride with you at last!

Andy.
  • I was expecting some terrible conditions from Blean woods this weekend but despite all this rain, the trails have resisted well. Lots of the trails have been washed away, leaving the hard surface underneath. The trails toward Chartham Hatch are as good as usual! Been to Barham and rode toward Deal today, again the wind has dried most of the trails already. Not even the need to wash the bike today!

Michael
    See you all (all welcome) 18:30-18:45 Monday 21st @ Rough Common.

Oops, just remembered.... noooo front brake :shock: sound like a good excuse if I need one :wink:
  • andyturner28
    impished wrote:
    See you all (all welcome) 18:30-18:45 Monday 21st @ Rough Common.

Oops, just remembered.... noooo front brake :shock: sound like a good excuse if I need one :wink:

Hey no excuses, i have a spare mechanical front caliper so you can use that instead :)

See you tomorrow,

Andy.
  • impished
    Cheers for the offer, but I've sorted a temporary solution. 8) How many of us remember wedging a foot between fork and tyre? :wink: Sorted!
  • lost-time
    RussAlf wrote:

That'd be me in the photo. But I'm definately not the jumping kind....so it weren't me at Bedgebury!
  • pittpony
    I was expecting some terrible conditions from Blean woods this weekend but despite all this rain, the trails have resisted well. Lots of the trails have been washed away, leaving the hard surface underneath. The trails toward Chartham Hatch are as good as usual! Been to Barham and rode toward Deal today, again the wind has dried most of the trails already. Not even the need to wash the bike today!

Michael
    I'm suprised how rideable most of it is at the moment given all the wet weather! Its not good for my bike though. Its at the stage now that if i put it down in the mud it's so well covered i probably wouldn't find it again ;)

Looking forward to tonight, looks like another good turnout! Ade - if you want me to pick up some brake pads i don't mind as i'm going past the bike shop tonight anyway. Just let me know what to get and i'll stop in
  • lost-time
    ....... The trails toward Chartham Hatch are as good as usual! ......
    Michael

Yeah, but Michael, ''You can't go down that way! I was on my hands and knees!''
  • impished
    PITTPONY wrote:
    Ade - if you want me to pick up some brake pads i don't mind as i'm going past the bike shop tonight anyway. Just let me know what to get and i'll stop in

Cheers for the offer Nick. I ordered some last night, so I'll just use the back one more tonight :shock:, and my foot :twisted: (like the 80's all over again 8) ) If they've got any Spokey-Dokeys or Klackerz, I'll have a set :wink:

See ya tonight, 18:45(ish) @ Rough Common
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    PITTPONY wrote:
    If they've got any Spokey-Dokeys or Klackerz, I'll have a set :wink:

See ya tonight, 18:45(ish) @ Rough Common
    I'll check for you ;) It'll be like 'Pimp my Ride', just with bikes...
  • Yeah, but Michael, ''You can't go down that way! I was on my hands and knees!''
    Nothing better than a good saw and a few people to clear the tree.... he was an old grumpy guy anyway and a bit aggressive
    Really enjoyed that again tonight, thanks guys :D It was a good quick ride - well it was quick compared to what i'm used to if i'm out on my own :oops:

Where abouts did we go on that first loop? I completely lost my bearings for a while there!
  • impished
    Yeah, that was a good fast ride. :twisted: And MUDDY :shock:
    Watch yer back thought guys!! I'm starting to keep up on the hills :wink: