XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• NEILHEAD
    NEILHEAD Posts: 435
    dunnnooo wrote:
    Might be there on Monday if it's dry....

be where?
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Impished, Andy - still on for 6.30 tomorrow (Monday) at Rough Common?

Just got my bike ready and am raring to go :D
  • NEILHEAD
    soz i didnt read all of thread

• pittpony
    dunnnooo wrote:
    Might be there on Monday if it's dry....

That's looking a bit optimistic... Hope you make it though. Let us know tomorrow so we know whether to wait for you :D
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Sorry guys,
    gonna have to miss tonights ride :cry: Just been informed by the boss that I'm working late tonight :shock: Hmm, now to let the missus know :evil:

Only thing that'll prevent me being there on Saturday will be if one of my legs falls off :wink:
  • pittpony
    That's a shame Ade :(

Andy, Dunnnooo - are you still able to make it?
  • impished
    Sorry to mess you about Pittpony :oops: , but if you're (and anybody else) still up for Blean @ 18:30 tonight....
    I have been able to negotiate (read: bribe) :wink: my way out of late working.

Let me know
  • pittpony
    Great news :D In the absence of any further replies i wasn't sure if i'd have any company tonight. I guess some people just don't have as much time in front of a computer at work as i do ;)

See you at 6.30 - Rough Common car park!
  • impished
    Nice one :P

Hmmm, now to find the new batteries :shock:

What kind of ride d'ya fancy? In Blean scary-nighttime-singletrack :shock: or Crab & Winkle not-quite-so-dark-doubletrack?
  • pittpony
    See what we fancy when we get there. Maybe a bit of the crab and winkle and some singletrack in clowes wood. Having said that my navigation is bad enough in the daylight and i'm less familiar with clowes...
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Sorry guy's, had to give it a miss tonight. I'm still quite worried about my Achillies/ankle, not quite sure what it is i have done, but it has been quite painfull on and off since last Thursday, so i think i should get some medical advice before going mad on the bike again. I'm probably just being paranoid, but we are going ski-ing on 28th Feb and i don't want to make it any worse and ruin me holiday. I'll try and get it looked at tomorrow.

Sorry i didn't let you know sooner, i am nowhere neer a PC till i get home.

Andy.

P.S. Just looked at the weather forcast......A week off the bike might have been on the cards anyway :roll: Just as well we have a treadmill now!
  • pittpony
    Not to worry Andy - saw your message as i was on the way out so we didn't spend ages waiting :) Hope the ankle gets better soon

Great ride tonight Impished - can't believe how different those trails are in the dark!! Great fun :D

Next trip out is Blean (meet at Rough Common) at 7.45am on Saturday. So far myself and Impished are on the register - any other takers?? We thought we'd check out some great sounding singletrack in Clowes and Thornden woods for a change - they're only 10 minutes along the crab and winkle way
  • impished
    Maybe next time Andy. Hope the ankle gets better.

Good ride tonight Pittpony. Doesn't that familier track look different in the dark :shock:

Saturday :roll: early is good for me still. There MUST be some more lurkers out there.

Come on. ALL welcome.
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    7.45?! Ha-de-ha! I suspect I will be in bed at that point in time.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    pittpony wrote:

Next trip out is Blean (meet at Rough Common) at 7.45am on Saturday. So far myself and Impished are on the register - any other takers?? We thought we'd check out some great sounding singletrack in Clowes and Thornden woods for a change - they're only 10 minutes along the crab and winkle way

*puts hand up to join in!
  • pittpony
    Nice one :D I need as much local knowledge as i can get as i'm not so familiar with Clowes and Thornden woods :wink:
  • impished
    LOST-TIME wrote:

Hmmm, as long as you promise not to turn yourself into a little dot in the distance Lost-Time :oops: :wink:

BTW, NEILHEAD, d'you and your mates fancy a change? Come to Blean on Saturday. All welcome.
  • lost-time
    impished wrote:
    LOST-TIME wrote:

Hmmm, as long as you promise not to turn yourself into a little dot in the distance Lost-Time :oops: :wink:/quote]

Nah, I'll be at the back. I rode into work on tuesday...that WAS a serious challange to my waterproofs and riding into a headwind capabilities....!

Today wasn't so bad.

Tomorrow looks similar to tuesday.

Anyway, I'm riding later in the day on saturday so I can't tire myself out too much.
  • NEILHEAD
    yes please ill tag along if ok with you guys, Ill need details if poss like address for meet :)

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Damn Damn Damn, Girlfreind is back at canterbury again now so hopefully ill be able to come out on one of these rides around blean with you guys soon, unfortunately working this weekend though :(
  • pittpony
    Shame RussAlf, next time eh? :(

Neil, glad you can make it! Blean is pretty easy to find from the A2. Its a place called Rough Common we meet - put this into Google maps: 51.294585, 1.041985

Basically its left off the A2050 and i think the track to the car park is signposted to a bird sanctuary. I usually ride there as i'm only in Canterbury so hopefully someone who usually drives can confrm directions!
  • NEILHEAD
    :D ill sat nav it see you saturday

• impished
    Sounds like a good body count (pardon the expression :twisted: ) again :P

We'll have to talk about a return leg @ Medway in the not-too-distant-future Niel.
    Oh, and BTW Niel, did you happen to go to Rede Secondary?
    LOST-TIME wrote:
    Anyway, I'm riding later in the day on saturday so I can't tire myself out too much.
    Hurahh :P Maybe I've got some minute chance of keeping up wiv you. :wink: :oops: Oh-oh, that almost sounds like a challenge :shock:
  • lost-time
    That's fighting talk Ade!

*goes and runs off scared now as realises not feeling fit at all!
  • NEILHEAD
    yes class of 89

• impished
    '89 for me too!!! 8) See ya Saturday.
  • NEILHEAD
    Did you also go to REDE if so what is your name???

• andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    I wish i wasn't working this weekend, sounds like it will be a good ride, if a very mudy one. Have a good one guy's. If you end up doing the same next weekend i will definately tag along.

Oh and i still don't know what i have done to my ankle, but it only hurts when walking, riding it's fine :D Think it is definately achillese related though. Managed to do an hour on the treadmill and 60 squats (no i didn't have dihorea!) last night, so it can't be that bad.

Andy.
  • pittpony
    Managed to do an hour on the treadmill and 60 squats (no i didn't have dihorea!) last night, so it can't be that bad.

Andy.

If that's you're idea of taking it easy i'm not sure you'll be welcome next weekend ;);)

Yeah looks like a good turnout for Saturday despite the silly early start (sorry :oops: )! Hope you can make it next weekend, or how about sometime in the week for a night ride? :twisted:
  • impished
    Night ride some time sounds good too. 8) Now I've finally got my MT500's :wink: