XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Reminder for the SketchyMTB Wednesday, 18th March, ride @ Blean, nr. Canterbury. Starting at 18:45, expect about 2-3 hours of singletrack
    As always, EVERYBODY is welcome. Come say "Hello." :D

Click my siggy for more details. :wink:
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    Nah i dont have a bike at the moment..
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Hey guys,
    for anyone hu goes to the Warren in Ashford, me and a ride buddy have started a duo project to open up some new trails, they will have few small jumps and some rollers, and they will lead into the main Jump Area.

So if anyone wants to help out sometime just leave a reply here and i'll try and sort something out, we've already done a lot of the work, but still need help creating the rollers and clearing the area, making it safe etc...

so if anyones interested get in touch :P

Live Free-Ride Easy
    Live Free-Ride Easy
    Train Hard, Win Easy
  • Hey guys,
    for anyone hu goes to the Warren in Ashford, me and a ride buddy have started a duo project to open up some new trails, they will have few small jumps and some rollers, and they will lead into the main Jump Area.

So if anyone wants to help out sometime just leave a reply here and i'll try and sort something out, we've already done a lot of the work, but still need help creating the rollers and clearing the area, making it safe etc...

Live Free-Ride Easy
    Live Free-Ride Easy
    Train Hard, Win Easy
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Hey guys,

Live Free-Ride Easy

hiya im up there often jumping.. seen a tall guy on a carrera banshee ? that will be me

get talking to some of the lads down there, great bunch there and just see what everyone wants

might even know you already ? whats your name and what do you ride ?

most importantly dont build over anything that looks fresh please 8) me and a few off the lot up there have spent some hard hours clearing and building there, jacob put in a few rollers at the top and me and him opened up some of the track further down, basically just ask around if anyone has a problem with it

order needs to be restored down there :lol: full of people ruining other peoples stuff etc
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Ade- Are you tinkering with you know what again? I'm getting an internal server error :roll:
  • stevet1992
    getting the same error as you andy

thought you promised to never play around with it ade :wink:

• Hi, I've just joined up to this forum after reading some of this thread...

I live in Medway and have just got myself a TREK 8000 that im itching to get muddy! Took it out for the first time on saturday around where I live for a little ride.

Ive got a couple of mates that are into MTB'ing but they're not interested in trying out new routes... Im tempted to go to Bedgebury Forest on saturday but ill be billy no mates... if anyones plans to be there then maybe I could tag along?

I'll have a read through this thread to see where else is good around north kent.

Cheers
    Lee
    2009 TREK 8000
    2009 Marin Mount Vision 5.8
  • impished
    Hi, I've just joined up to this forum after reading some of this thread...

I live in Medway and have just got myself a TREK 8000 that im itching to get muddy! Took it out for the first time on saturday around where I live for a little ride.

Ive got a couple of mates that are into MTB'ing but they're not interested in trying out new routes... Im tempted to go to Bedgebury Forest on saturday but ill be billy no mates... if anyones plans to be there then maybe I could tag along?

I'll have a read through this thread to see where else is good around north kent.

Cheers
    Lee
    Maybe have a look at the "other" forum (mentioned in my siggie :wink: ) for some more upto date info/rides @ Bedge
  • impished
    Last minute heads-up for tonights SketchyMTB ride @ Blean @ 18:45 (check-out the sig)

ALL welcome.

LIGHT AT LAST :P Hooray!!!
  • impished
    All are welcome to join me and a few other SketchyMTB dwellers tomorrow (Saturday 4th) @ 10:45 @ "The Lookout" on Bluebell Hill.

As usual EVERYONE is welcome to come say "Hi" 8)
  • impished
    The usual SketchyMTB Wednesday Night-ride is starting at the usual place (see here for maps)

ALL are welcome.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    If anyone fancies a trip along the North Downs Way on Saturday (11th) they are welcome to join us for some or all of our route (Otford to Canterbury).

See here for more details
  • impished
    Hey!
    Don't forget the usual SketchyMTB Wednesday evening ride @ Blean is on 8)
    Everybody is welcome to come say "Hi" :D
  • pittpony
    The usual Wednsday night ride will be at Blean, 6.45pm

More details here - all welcome!
  • impished
    Wednesday night, as per usual, @ Blean, as per usual,
    ALL welcome..... as per usual...

Details here... erm, as per usual :wink:

It's gonna be interesting this week, as 2 of us are trying flats again after years of SPD's. Bring on the BLOOD :twisted:
  • pittpony
    Rides on Wednesday and this weekend if anyone is interested. Details here and all welcome as always!!
  • stevet1992
    anyone else having trouble getting on sketchy? > :?

• impished
    Last minute reiminder for the regular Wednesday SketchyMTB ride @ Blean in Canterbury.

As always, everybody is welcome to come and say "Hi".
  • impished
    Everybody is invited to Blean for the regular Wednesday SketchyMTB ride.

As always, everybody is welcome to come and say "Hi".
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    Wednesday ride is approching on SketchyMTB (google it)
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    Wednesday 24th ride will be @ Bluebell Hill instead of Blean, for a change.
    We're starting at Lordwood leisure centre at 18:45.

ALL welcome as usual.
    Click the sig for more info and some pics of the SketchyMTB crew at the Fowlmead Summer Sizzler 8)
  • impished
    Heads-up for the Wednesday 8th July ride.
    We'll be riding at Blean, meeting here.

Meeting at 18:45 for a (approx.) 2-3 hour ride on Bleans, surprisingly good, singletrack.

If you're not up for the full ride that's fine as, due to the nature of Blean, we're never very far from the carpark/meeting point.
    So, if anybody feels like coming along for a quick taster/blast to see what the SketchyMTB rides are all about, Blean is a good one to lose your 'SketchyMTB cherry' to.
  • impished
    Heads-up for the Wednesday 9th September ride.
    We'll be riding at Blean, meeting at Oaks Park.
    Meeting at 18:45 for a 2-3 hour ride on Bleans, surprisingly good, singletrack.
    If you're not up for the full ride that's fine as, due to the nature of Blean, we're never very far from the carpark/meeting point.

Or...

How about a blast round Bluebell Hill, near Maidstone?
    There'll be a group leaving Lordwood Leisure Centre at 18:45 for 2-3 hours of the best ups & downs that Bluebell Hill has to offer.

All are welcome to take part in either ride and don't worry about fitness/skill.... We're a hugely varied bunch and even have a few that should be ramblers rather than riders.. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :wink:
    So, if anybody feels like coming along for a quick taster/blast to see what the SketchyMTB rides are all about, Blean is a good one to lose your 'SketchyMTB cherry' to.
  • impished wrote:
    We're a hugely varied bunch and even have a few that should be ramblers rather than riders.. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :wink:

I think he means me...... :oops:
  • impished
    Don't forget, the regular SketchyMTB Wednesday rides at Blean and Bluebell Hill will be happending next Wednesday.
    Starting at 18:45 next Wednesday and lasting, usually, about 2 hours. Full details as above.

As always everybody is welcome to come and say "yo"...
  • Greetings, first time i noticed this thread, i checked out the sketchy site and looks awesome, im in Ashford and i see some other guys from there also.

Before i arrange a meet i was wondering what sort of pace the sketchy rides normally run at ?, i ride a full sus which isnt the lightest of beasts, my fitness isnt bad but if its a fast pace ride after the meet i probably wont see the hard tail riders till the next ride ?

Know some awesome routes around Challock and Kingswood so depending on what you think i might give it a try ?
  • impished
    Si.Ozzy wrote:
    Greetings, first time i noticed this thread, i checked out the sketchy site and looks awesome, im in Ashford and i see some other guys from there also.

Before i arrange a meet i was wondering what sort of pace the sketchy rides normally run at ?, i ride a full sus which isnt the lightest of beasts, my fitness isnt bad but if its a fast pace ride after the meet i probably wont see the hard tail riders till the next ride ?

Know some awesome routes around Challock and Kingswood so depending on what you think i might give it a try ?
    Hi Si,
    We always keep to the pace of the slowest rider. The slower Wednesday ride is the Bluebell Hill Ride, with slightly more open trails. (so good for a natter :wink: ).
    Whereas the Blean Ride tends to be a bit quicker and more intense. Although, again, we always pace it at the slowest riders pace.

Be great to see ya on a ride Si. (and anyone else that's umming & erring)
  • impished
    Quick reminder for the regular SketchyMTB Wednesday night-ride at Blean, near Canterbury.
    We meet at Oaks Park @ 18:45 for a 19:00 kick-off. Normally about 1.5-2.5 hours of sweet through-the-trees singletrack.

Oh, and don't forget the other regular SketchyMTB Wednesday ride at Bluebell Hill, near Maidstone.
    Meeting at Lordswood Leisure Centre (right-hand carpark).
    Again, starting at 18:45 for 2-3 hours of the best that Bluebell Hill has to offer.

Everybody welcome.
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    I'll be there Ade!

Not been on here much, need to get involved more, well done for keeping the rides posted up! The more the merrier!

Mary will come along again, don't know how we didn't scare her off last time, we must ride faster and wait less :wink:

See you Wednesday!

Rou