XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Still not working for me on any level back here at base now.

Worked OK on my Iphone through O2 internet, but not back here when on BT broadband.

Im gonna have to walk down the road away from my wifi and use my phone to contribute to Sketchy!
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    try command prompt again with

ipconfig /flushdns

That worked for mark as his ps3 was ok but his PC had cached the old dns record meaning his router had got the new info, yours may not have but worth a try
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    About six of us are doing the weekly night ride round Blean tonight... Just in case anyone out there is interested... Full details over on www.sketchymtb.co.uk
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    I'll be there Rou - looking forward to this one :)

/\ /\ I have a sneaking suspicion that might be post number 1000. Do i get a prize? /\ /\
  • Legless
    Hahaha yes you do, you can bring my wayward glove! 1000 posts well done, you aren't far off that over on sketchy...
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    The regular ride @ Blean 18:45 is on tonight.
    All are welcome. Pittpony can't make it tonight as he seems to think girls are more important than bikes :shock: :roll:

Click SketchyMTB below for more info. :wink:
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    The regular ride @ Blean 18:45 is on tonight.
    All are welcome. Pittpony can't make it tonight as he seems to think girls are more important than bikes :shock: :roll:

Click SketchyMTB below for more info. :wink:

Lol cheeky sod. But fair point
  • Legless
    I'll be there. Looking forward to it, just weighing up whether it is worth chasing the tiny kink out of my wheel! Probably not, but it would beat sitting in the office!!
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Yep! You too it would appear :wink:
  • pittpony
    There is a very leisurely 'introductory' ride at Blean Woods on Saturday morning at 10

More details here

Everyone welcome and the emphasis will be on showing people a few routes and having a laugh
  • mashley
    mashley Posts: 8
    Hi guys, Ive been reading through this thread as I am based in kent. I have been looking for some peeps to meet up with as i keen to ride my bike but my mates are more keen to be playing football sunday mornings. when you next meeting, mind if i join you? Im in Ashford so can get anywhere in kent. Been to bedgebury three times now and think its sweet!!
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    mashley wrote:
    Hi guys, Ive been reading through this thread as I am based in kent. I have been looking for some peeps to meet up with as i keen to ride my bike but my mates are more keen to be playing football sunday mornings. when you next meeting, mind if i join you? Im in Ashford so can get anywhere in kent. Been to bedgebury three times now and think its sweet!!

hiya mashley

hate to link to another site but most of us are on www.sketchymtb.co.uk now ! due to the fact that we just ramble on and on :lol:

another one from ashford eh, im from ashford to what part are you from ? do you ride much around there
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • mashley
    I've just stumbled across the sketchy site and posted there! I've just moved to Park Farm. I grew up in willesborough. I ride round the warren and up on the downs mainly! where you from them?
  • stevet1992
    i live in 2 places (split parents) one in cheesemans green (doubt you will know where that is) its about 10 minutes on a bike from park farm and the other in mersham.

i may have already seen you then ... as i frequently ride the warren either doing XC or just messing around on the jumps :lol: what do you ride?

• mashley
    my house is just opposite cheesmans green right at the very back of park farm near the new roundabout on the A2070 towards hamstreet.

I ride a specialized hardrock sport disc 2005 model. Old steed now! looking a replacedment as we speak.
  • stevet1992
    oo nice quite close then i assume you mean in the new building section? the name of it slips me :lol:

i dont remember seeing a hardrock before, you might have seen me ... carrera banshee, towering high at 6 foot 4 inches and makes a screaming noise like a little girl when he does a jump :oops: ?

• mashley
    the new part is called Bridgefield. They have just started building on the Mersham side of the A2070 which is being called "The Cheesmans Green Development" and will stretch almost all the way to you!!

Ive not been out for while as i play football as well but my interest in that has dwindled so im now looking for riding buddies!! Im out in the morning as well, hence no drinking tonight!!!!! :cry:
  • stevet1992
    mashley wrote:
    the new part is called Bridgefield. They have just started building on the Mersham side of the A2070 which is being called "The Cheesmans Green Development" and will stretch almost all the way to you!!

Ive not been out for while as i play football as well but my interest in that has dwindled so im now looking for riding buddies!! Im out in the morning as well, hence no drinking tonight!!!!! :cry:

ahhh right, infact we are moving soon due to the very reason (soon park farm wiill sit ontop of our house)

• mashley
    Opps!! People like me move into the houses!!

You riding 2mw?
  • stevet1992
    umm i will be down the warren tomorrow might not be riding though as i managed to damage my ankle, loads of kids have changed the jumps in the past week and didnt see a mega lip added to one and well :roll: i nose dived :lol:

might see you up there then!

• mashley
    im actually going to Blue Bell Hill 2mw to meet up with a riding club from Medway (MCC) for the first time. So looking forward to that. :) Where else do you ride? Who do you ride with?
  • stevet1992
    mashley wrote:
    im actually going to Blue Bell Hill 2mw to meet up with a riding club from Medway (MCC) for the first time. So looking forward to that. :) Where else do you ride? Who do you ride with?

i ride XC with the guys from sketchy and have been to king forrest in challock, BBH and blean

where as on the jump side of thhings ive got a mate into freeriding and ride the warren and penshurst

• mashley
    The sketchy site is massive its not really clear where to post! There is so much on there!

Are you all receptive to new riders??
  • stevet1992
    mashley wrote:
    The sketchy site is massive its not really clear where to post! There is so much on there!

Are you all receptive to new riders??

:lol: have you not seen the rest of this thread :wink: we (mainly me) like to natter on :lol:

as for the new riders bit, i was a new rider just before christmas and have been treated kindly, all of the guys ive ridden with have been good fun and whats more good motivators !, there is a wide range of skills and fitness aswell so if you get on a big ride there will be someone going the same speed as you you can have a chat with/race :P

• mashley
    :D chatter you certainly all can! I'll keep an eye on the forum them for the next ride and i might just join you. im certainly no racer just basic fitness level, less technical ability!! :?
  • stevet1992
    mashley wrote:
    :D chatter you certainly all can! I'll keep an eye on the forum them for the next ride and i might just join you. im certainly no racer just basic fitness level, less technical ability!! :?

ok cool look forward to meeting you some time, if you ever find some time off just shove up a thread on sketchy with dates and im sure someone will be free

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Reminder for the SketchyMTB Wednesday ride @ Blean, nr. Canterbury. Starting at 18:45, expect about 2-3 hours of singletrack and mud :twisted:

Check siggy for link with more details. :wink: