Talk to us here!

1234568»

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Toshmund wrote:
    Just wondering. I subscribe to Procycling by direct debit. So basically the publishers have no admin to deal with me for once I have set up my DD, unless I cancel my subscription - you have a confirmed issue out of the door. Whereas, the person who buys the annual subscription...gets whatever the gift is. Could possibly have the subscription for the year, let it run out...buy the magazine from the shop for 3 or 4 months and then re-do the annual subscription. To gain another free gift. Have you solved this already, or am I being a tight Yorkshireman? Feel as though being a DD subscriber, I am in actual fact shooting myself in the foot.

Not only this magazine. Trail magazine used to have some cracking free gifts...

After going through all of that...what would be the best forum to ask this question!? lol

As an afterthough (and so this is not totally inappropriate for this topic...) - the forum is very entertaining. Good diversity.

would this not be better in Pro cycling Office? as it does not really have anything to to with the Bike Radar website?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    Sorry, I thought the forum was run on behalf/by the publishers of the magazines. Hence why everything led back to them, or was based through them. I just thought by the wording of the header, I would be dealing with representatives who would know the ethos of the publisher. In my defence, I did have a bit of a get out clause at the end of my question...lol. Apols.
  • nicklouse
    you are correct in that context but your post reads like it should be more directly asked to the mag mentioned? as this post is about discussing the website as a whole.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Am I outta my mind or are all of the RSS feeds on BikeRadar not working? No updates since February ...
  • dartanyon

No, you are in fact sane - they're not working for me either. Very odd. We'll look into it.

Thanks for drawing it to our attention.
    John Stevenson
  • Why did you carry out an interview with Saiz ...? :evil:

Here is a man who has dragged cycling to its lowest low point and you provide him a platform to announce a comeback AND never challenge him wrt his role in Puerto, breaking the rules, ruioning teh sport, damaging riders health.

If I am not mistaken he was found with money and blood not just money!
    Zuelle listed him as a leading doper DS from his ONCE days during Festina submissions. So here is the leading doping DS and you never ask him about his past, his role in destroying our sport, the man has no regrets - "I feel cheated by my own country. I feel I was 'sold out' to the cycling establishment. Undoubtedly I feel innocent. I know perfectly well that I am not guilty." ... this is lunacy!!!!! How can you let this go and not ask him how he can explain his actions. Clearly he feels that doping while it breaks every rule in cycling is not an issue so long as it does not break the law ... what king of morals has this man. Clearly he has no role in cycling period and no self respecting publication could interview him without asking real meaningful questions - not teh rubbish you printed. i will not be buying procycling for a long time on teh back of this.
  • dartanyon wrote:
    Am I outta my mind or are all of the RSS feeds on BikeRadar not working? No updates since February ...

This issue has now been fixed. Many thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  • Your clock's an hour slow this morning.
    Time now is 0845.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • nicklouse
    Your clock's an hour slow this morning.
    Time now is 0845.

so go to your profile and set your Time area.
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    edited September 2008
    nicklouse
    I think everyones posts are coming up an hour short.

If you look at the forum index it's not showing a single post in the last hour?

EDIT:

What's this doing here?

It was sent as a PM.

Isn't GMT the right setting for someone living in the UK?

2ND EDIT:

Should I be using GMT+1 'cos we're on summer time? GMT being winter time.

I thought that GMT changed when the clocks went forwards and back but a friend just told me that it doesn't.

Sorry for annoying you if that's the case :oops:

3RD EDIT:

Thanks Stuart :D
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • nicklouse
    No. go to your profile and set YOUR time.
  • Once you have logged in there is an "Edit Profile" link in the main navigation. Click on this link and set your time zone to GMT +1 hour (the default is GMT) as we are currently on BST here in the UK.

Once you have done this press submit and all of the forum posts will display the correct time.

The clocks go back to GMT on 26th October so you will have to change your profile back to GMT after this date.
  • Suggestion from a Newbie perspective.

A decent jargon/definitions section would be useful - perhaps with diagrams to label the parts of a bike. Of course, we could always check with Google but for convenience - better if its all in one place.

e.g some people refer to FCN - ususally with a number FCN5 or FCN7 - what's that all about?

and what do you call those wierd looking handlbars that look like antlers with grips all over the place?
    Non-Sexist, Non-Racist, Non-Violent Egalitarian Chess: 32 grey pawns all on the same side
  • nicklouse
  • Hmmm.
    I tried the FCN calculation not sure if its something to be proud of but I'm FCN 10 :?
    Does that means I beat all these Leg-Shaving single speeders :wink:
    Non-Sexist, Non-Racist, Non-Violent Egalitarian Chess: 32 grey pawns all on the same side
  • You know the one I mean, the Chain Reaction one with added twitchiness. It drives me mad and gives me a migraine. It's doing exactly the opposite of what's intended as it's preventing me from wanting to log on this site as I know I'm going to get annoyed by it.
    Your optimism strikes me like junk mail addressed to the dead.