Talk to us here!

Comments

• Hi editor's

I have really found the videoed maintenance tips that are on the homepage really useful.

Would it be possible to cover more topics that the few that were posted initially?

Many thanks
  • If I write the number 8 followed by a bracket I get the cool icon. Like this 8)

This shouldn't happen, should it?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's the shortcut for the smilie. Click any of the faces when you're posting and it shows what it's created using. :? is created using a : and a ?
  • M.Cole wrote:
    It's the shortcut for the smilie. Click any of the faces when you're posting and it shows what it's created using. :? is created using a : and a ?

I have made 2 x lists numbering 1-9 on the forum recently, only it turned out as 1-7) 8) and 9)

If i had known i could have numbered them thus.
    :D
    :)
    :(
    :o
    :shock:
    :?
    :lol:
    8)
    :P
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    M.Cole wrote:

I have made 2 x lists numbering 1-9 on the forum recently, only it turned out as 1-7) 8) and 9)

If i had known i could have numbered them thus.
    :D
    :)
    :(
    :o
    :shock:
    :?
    :lol:
    8)
    :P

Get a life Mike :D
    Where have you been on computers for last 3 years :D
    Ah but then I know your dislike of modern stuff like me :D
  • Get a life Mike :D
    Where have you been on computers for last 3 years :D
    Ah but then I know your dislike of modern stuff like me :D

Can't a man make a list without having a 8) ?

If I had wanted a 8) I would have bloody well clicked it. Like this 8) :D
  • Do we have colour on here?

[colour=red]RED[/colour]

RED

I don't think we do? Why not?

-edit Ahhh we do have colour, excellent

Is a tomato this color
  • This site rules
    I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike.
  • Ciaran500
    Ciaran500 Posts: 348
    Any chance you could disable the redirect after you post? Theres no need for it.
  • ctilbury
    ctilbury Posts: 21
    Having difficulty accessing these: each time I click on a route I wait ...and wait...and nothing happens
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Ciaran500 wrote:
    Any chance you could disable the redirect after you post? Theres no need for it.

Probably not.

There's two ways to build a forum, because of a nuance of HTTP, one of the ways involves a redirect.

Removing the need for it is an awful lot of work.
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Hey Big Red. Do I remember you sticking up for me when I firsted joined? I got kind of flamed for being proud of my "now shocking purchse" of a GT Aggressor, and you offered some kind words of support. It was even in my sig for a while!

Forum is v good, I'm still here

Now I am an uber clever forumite with zillions of posts and a following that Ghandi would be jealous of! All thanks to Big Red!
  • Hey,

Just like to say great job with the bikevideo maintenance articles, really useful.
    Would it perhaps be possible to have a few more, I know that I would love to see an article on setting up the gear indexing on both mtbs and road bikes, also could the wheels section be expanded to include hub servicing and minor truing please?

Thanks again,
    James
  • Hey.
    Just joined up because I wanted some information about cycle insurance.
    I'll probably knock about a bit while after that.
  • Please can anyone help me!!

I want to add routes - how in gods green earth is this possible!

Anyhelp will be appreciated

surely there should be options for adding routes on the routes page!
  • Anonymous
    We're working on allowing you to add routes from the 'Routes & Riding' page, but until then, you'll have to add your route via http://www.bikely.com/

ta
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Board etiquette dictates that race results are normally preceded by 'spoiler' in the title to ensure that you are knowingly discussing the results.

Sadly, your home page coverage doesn't reflect the same attitude - why don't you just put 'stage 18 results here' rather than just posting the name of the winner and spoiling our late-night viewing?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Hi

Having just browsed the 'Race' and 'Pro Talk' forums I can see no discernable difference in content - is it worth revisiting the debate on merging them?

Ta

Calv

Strava is not Zen.
  • Monty Dog

We'll think about it, but it has to be said that this is nothing unusual for any news publication.

calvjones

We're told by our developers that merging forum areas is surprisingly hard, so until they have some spare capacity we're just going to have to put up with the duplication.
    John Stevenson
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Thanks John!

Strava is not Zen.
  • P.B.
    P.B. Posts: 23
    Hi,

I see that it is very easy to activate an account, but haven't seen anywhere on your site how to de-activate an account. Is it possible, or do I just stop using the account? Similarly, how can I change my user name?

Cheers
  • Anonymous
    Hi P.B.

Send me a PM and i'll sort you out.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Should i be getting this? Using firefox with everything up to date. Tis quite annoying.
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    just wondering, do the beginner sections need a few stickies? The same questions seem to appear over and over (pedal systems, lights, best bike for x much money and so on), and nobody really searches beyond looking at the first page of posts.
  • just new to the site how do i post nan ad to sell a bike??????????? : :shock:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    eckysilver wrote:
    just new to the site how do i post nan ad to sell a bike??????????? : :shock:
    read the stickies and it might be an idea to put an idea of what you are selling in the topic heading.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Just a quick question. I see this is a non-commercial forum and wuill respect that. Is there an appropriate place to tell people about my cycling book and the literary award it won this Spring?
    Shawn Rohrbach MFA
    www.shawnrohrbach.com
  • M.Cole wrote:

No thanks, not worth the money. I checked your demographics and this is the smallest, least active of the cycling forums I have researched. Cheers.
    Shawn Rohrbach MFA
    www.shawnrohrbach.com
  • toshmund
    toshmund Posts: 390
    Just wondering. I subscribe to Procycling by direct debit. So basically the publishers have no admin to deal with me for once I have set up my DD, unless I cancel my subscription - you have a confirmed issue out of the door. Whereas, the person who buys the annual subscription...gets whatever the gift is. Could possibly have the subscription for the year, let it run out...buy the magazine from the shop for 3 or 4 months and then re-do the annual subscription. To gain another free gift. Have you solved this already, or am I being a tight Yorkshireman? Feel as though being a DD subscriber, I am in actual fact shooting myself in the foot.

Not only this magazine. Trail magazine used to have some cracking free gifts...

After going through all of that...what would be the best forum to ask this question!? lol

As an afterthough (and so this is not totally inappropriate for this topic...) - the forum is very entertaining. Good diversity.