The Tour of it's not going past my house in Britain thread

15678911»

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,047
    edited September 8

Crosswinds have caused bit of chaos, only Evenpoel of Soudal in lead group. Think Williams is there, plus Onley (2nd on GC), approx 30ish.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Just been announced on ITV4 that Pidders and the points leader Manier have abandoned.

Apparently there was a crash I missed.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,048
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,048

[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,065

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,065

?

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,247

That final stage was a lot more fun than it had any right to be given the profile.

Poor Magnier suffered a serious concussion requiring an overnight stay in hospital and costing him the sprint jersey and likely another stage win. I hope he recovers well.

Excellent work from Donnenwirth to take the bonus seconds needed to get onto the podium.

I've not heard of the winner before but Søjberg Pedersen would probably have won that if he hadn't waited until about 10 metres from the line to launch his sprint.

Overall, an entertaining edition of the TOB.

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,606

I've not heard of the winner before but Søjberg Pedersen would probably have won that if he hadn't waited until about 10 metres from the line to launch his sprint.

Sorry, my fault. 😉 To be fair he's a bit overshadowed and hasn't had a breakthrough result yet, unlike Tobias Lund Andresen (same age)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • flite
    flite Posts: 226

Especially in view of the speed the event was put together, and on a limited budget, I thought it was a great effort from the organisers.

It was entertaining and unpredictable right up to the end.

• DeadCalm

Sorry. What I wrote was confusing. It's Govekar I don't know.

Søjberg Pedersen has been on my radar since he joined the Decathlon devo squad at the beginning of the year. He'll be stepping up to their WT team at the beginning of next year. He can survive a hard lumpy race and finish fast but is lacking a little in race craft right now, something that he can hopefully learn. There's footage online somewhere of him winning a couple of stages in the pouring rain at the Olympia's Tour ahead of the much hyped Tim Torn Teutenberg.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,892

Odd ending to a tob . Hope everyone is ok after the crash

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • DeadCalm

Pidcock also with a concussion and will miss the upcoming Canadian races as a result.

• Overall an entertaining race!