The Tour of it's not going past my house in Britain thread

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,246
    Agreed. Some actual racing. It's good to see. I might go to Caerphilly tomorrow.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,892
    RichN95. said:

Agreed. Some actual racing. It's good to see. I might go to Caerphilly tomorrow.

You gotta go if it's in your neck of the woods ain't yet

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    edited September 2023

RichN95. said:

It is. But once the Vuelta is over I'm off down the bay to watch the Chemical Brothers, so may be in a bit of a state tomorrow.
  • RichN95. said:

It comes right past the end of my niece's drive in Cowbridge. She hasn't gone to France yet, so she can watch.
    I wonder if the race is going to have weather problems tomorrow, with thunderstorm warnings in place for all of S Wales.
    It would be rather ironic if this stage had to be neutralised.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,776
    Rode out to Tewkesbury this morning for the start, and then went home and got the bus into Gloucester for the finish. Was a good day.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,169
    Decent race today
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

It is. But once the Vuelta is over I'm off down the bay to watch the Chemical Brothers, so may be in a bit of a state tomorrow.
    https://youtu.be/p5NX1FC-7-w?si=p5vbLQ7-MIhvsqd9
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,671
    Rich on a comedown is gonna make for a fun race thread... :smiley:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,702
    My son and I sprinted the 16 miles to see them in Yate yesterday and arrived 1/4 hour before the due time only to see the breakaway sprinting past as we arrived. A few minutes later the bunch came through at pace. Great to see. Shame we were not a couple of minutes earlier but a flat tyre at home meant a delayed start. We turned ourselves inside out to make the time and in that heat too! Still recovering today.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,047
    edited September 2023
    Thunderstorm expected anytime near Caerphilly, will the final stage even start?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • RichN95.

Thunderstorm expected anytime near Caerphilly, will the final stage even start?

I's already rained here. They'll be fine
  • The rain is supposed to die out in the next couple of hours. Still warm and maybe even getting the sun back for the finale.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,644
    Yeah, we’ve had the rain over Caerfilthy way. Shouldn’t be any bother for the laps.
  • The road is blocked a km and a half further up the climb.
    Race will be neutralised
  • RTA on Bwlch climb ahead of race, will be neutralised at 83Km.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • gethinceri
    Odd, judging by the fact they’re nearly at the top, maybe it’s Treorchy side (the descent)?
  • LOL
    Jumbo having all the luck again.
    Movistar have to sit up.
  • gethinceri
    This will be an interesting diversion, there’s no other way down into Rhondda
  • gethinceri
    Incident is in Treorchy, so guess they’ll chose a loop around in the valley once they’ve descended
  • Odd, judging by the fact they’re nearly at the top, maybe it’s Treorchy side (the descent)?

Online reports are saying it's in Treorchy, before the lights where you turn left for the Rhigos
  • gethinceri
    edited September 2023
    There’s a simple solution routewise but no doubt will take time to sort the alternative.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,047
    edited September 2023
    Breakaway to be given 3mins at restart, but the gap was ~2mins and falling when RTA announced.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • They are on the Rhigos and still haven’t started.
    I joked about another race getting neutralised yesterday.
    This is no joke. Completely messes with race tactics.
  • mididoctors
    If road racing was invented today rather than have this heritage it would never be allowed
  • Breakaway and peleton splintering up Bryn Du.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Williams and Rodriguez now ~55secs ahead of chase group, after it was down to ~11secs before another uncategorised climb.

Still two laps of Caerphilly mountain circuit left, can Welsh Stevie get the romantic GC win?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2023
    Williams Lad done good
  • Gap to Williams and Rodriguez down to a handful of seconds on the first steep bit of Caerphilly mountain take one.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Rodriguez not going to get GC, three with WVA need to get 3+ seconds for GC.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    Good finale