Anyone GOT 2021 - 2023... GCN+ / Eurosport now Discovery Black Friday Deals?

123457»

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,738
    Discovery+ is now free for BT sport subscribers. I'm sure the business model of making everyone pay £20 generated more money.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    We have BT sport but can we f*ck get Discovery+ to work.
  • TheBigBean
    webboo said:

We have BT sport but can we f*ck get Discovery+ to work.

Which bit? You can't link BT sport to discovery or you can't get the app to work?
  • webboo
    When we go in to BT sport I can’t see any link to Discovery. Discovery app downloaded but it doesn’t recognise BT passwords.
  • TheBigBean
    webboo said:

When we go in to BT sport I can’t see any link to Discovery. Discovery app downloaded but it doesn’t recognise BT passwords.

Go here

https://www.bt.com/sport/discovery-plus

Activate discovery. You will need to log in first to BT, then to Discovery (or create an account). It will create a subscription link. Then your Discovery app will work when you log in.
  • webboo
    Is this on the TV as we have a smart tv and an Amazon fire stick.
  • TheBigBean
    webboo said:

Is this on the TV as we have a smart tv and an Amazon fire stick.

I don't know what devices have the Discovery+ app, but the BT sport will get you a free subscription.
  • webboo
    I know we should get a free subscription as we got a letter telling us this. But we couldn’t get anywhere following the instructions in the letter.
  • TheBigBean
    webboo said:

I know we should get a free subscription as we got a letter telling us this. But we couldn’t get anywhere following the instructions in the letter.

Try my description above.
  • webboo
    I will give it a go at some point. Although when I have logged into BT sport I have not seen any link to discovery or how you might create an account. I can’t do anything at the moment as the missus seems to hidden the letter somewhere and it’s through her internet account.
  • webboo
    Also the missus often tells me that you can Eurosport on BT sport but again if this is the case they must hidden it well because I can’t find it.
  • TheBigBean
    You just need your BT sport log in details. Nothing else.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    Also FOC if you have a Sky TV subscription.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,933
    So anyone who has coughed up for sport in general (BT or Sky) has access to Discovery anyway? Sounds like they are just trying to catch tight wads like me. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,925
    pblakeney said:

So anyone who has coughed up for sport in general (BT or Sky) has access to Discovery anyway? Sounds like they are just trying to catch tight wads like me. 😉

You don’t need a Sky Sports package, it’s free with Sky Q and some other options.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,933
    edited February 2023
    Pross said:

pblakeney said:

You don’t need a Sky Sports package, it’s free with Sky Q and some other options.
    You missed the tight wad part, no Sky Q either. 🤣
    Diversion - Am I a complete outlier in having never used any iteration of Sky?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited February 2023
    Apparently not available through the bt sport mobile subscription :(
  • Discovery+ is now free for BT sport subscribers. I'm sure the business model of making everyone pay £20 generated more money.

I get free BT sport with my broadband package and have just signed into Discovery+, works perfect, so have cancelled my auto-renew with Eurosport so saves me a few quid, thanks for the heads-up :)
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,352
    15% discount if your GCN+ subscription happens to be running out soon like mine. Doesn't work for existing subscribers unfortunately. Hoping it will work for me when my subscription runs out on the 25th of Feb.

https://welcome.globalcyclingnetwork.com/lanternerouge
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    m.r.m. said:

15% discount if your GCN+ subscription happens to be running out soon like mine. Doesn't work for existing subscribers unfortunately. Hoping it will work for me when my subscription runs out on the 25th of Feb.

m.r.m. said:

Pity, I paid the £40 the other week, nevermind.....can't complain, it is getting like cycling overload now...
  • The eurosport/BT 'merger' is being announced today it seems with more detail. I hope GCN is unaffected, though I suspect it is inevitable that it will be at some point.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,612
    edited February 2023
    oh balls, I wasn't aware of that - so Discovery are selling Eurosport to BT?

If that is the case, then presumably GCN would remain with Discovery, so there would have to be some big changes :#

EDIT: Purported to be a 50:50 joint venture, so there is hope.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Anything that BT has turns to shit, and then expensive shit at that... looking forward to £100 sub for GCN then....but I doubt if Dan and the rest of them will get a pay rise.. please let it not be....for cycling's sake. "Orla, you're dumped, there is this crisp guy with a funny beard...."
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,016
    m.r.m. said:

I just discovered that this still works. I was lapsed for only about a week and it was accepted, without having to set up a new account.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,352
    Yes, I was able to renew the same day it had expired (with the discount).
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023