Anyone GOT 2021 - 2023... GCN+ / Eurosport now Discovery Black Friday Deals?

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,596
    I now have 5 ES channels on TV. Anyone missing Kirby should watch speed skating.
    Just cancelled and then renewed at 19.99. I've been happy enough with just ES so at that price I'm chuffed.

I have cancelled and renewed at19.99 as well. Cheap at the price...
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    edited February 2022
    Really need GCN+ for that price (if someone from GCN is reading). 😛
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    m.r.m. said:

Really need GCN+ for that price (if someone from GCN is reading). 😛

Yup, me too - mine is due for renewal later this month.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    mike876 said:

Just cancelled and then renewed at 19.99. I've been happy enough with just ES so at that price I'm chuffed.

I have cancelled and renewed at19.99 as well. Cheap at the price...
    Me too, thanks for the heads-up :)
  • GCN+ even at £40 a year - the price of 1 coffee a month give or take - for the amount of coverage, plus the on demand / highlights if you can't watch live, seems pretty reasonable to me.

I have had a few grumbles about the app, esp when casting to the TV, but it seems to be OK now.
  • GCN+ even at £40 a year - the price of 1 coffee a month give or take - for the amount of coverage, plus the on demand / highlights if you can't watch live, seems pretty reasonable to me.

I agree, £40 a year is a fair price for GCN or Eurosport. But if I can get ES for £19.99 it is too good to ignore.

• andyrr
    mike876 said:

GCN+ even at £40 a year - the price of 1 coffee a month give or take - for the amount of coverage, plus the on demand / highlights if you can't watch live, seems pretty reasonable to me.

I agree, £40 a year is a fair price for GCN or Eurosport. But if I can get ES for £19.99 it is too good to ignore.

I agree although GCN has been less than perfect when it comes to making race highlights available across all platforms, sometimes we’ll over a day before they’re available. Not sure that’s purely a GCN issue or a problem further back down the line eg Eurosport or the host broadcaster.
  • mike876 said:

GCN+ even at £40 a year - the price of 1 coffee a month give or take - for the amount of coverage, plus the on demand / highlights if you can't watch live, seems pretty reasonable to me.

of course.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065

I have had a few grumbles about the app, esp when casting to the TV, but it seems to be OK now.

I'd agree but the fact they've been promising an Apple TV app since launch is what's turning me off.

The coverage is also patchy to say the least particularly where highlights are concerned as others have pointed out.

The documentaries don't interest me so already having ES on Sky I'm not sure it's worth the extra - to me at least.

• ibr17xvii said:

I'd agree but the fact they've been promising an Apple TV app since launch is what's turning me off.

The coverage is also patchy to say the least particularly where highlights are concerned as others have pointed out.

The documentaries don't interest me so already having ES on Sky I'm not sure it's worth the extra - to me at least.

no, obv if you already have ES then maybe not.

• galego
    galego Posts: 15
    Would anyone be able to pm the British Cycling Discount Code for GCN+?
    Anyone out there not using and kind enough to share the love?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    galego said:

I'm fairly sure you have to be a member of BC for it work, and if you are then the code is on the dashboard I think.

However it would not work for me as an existing user - I suppose I could have set up a new e-mail address, but I wasn't sure if the code was linked to the e-mail address that my BC account was created with, which was the same, and couldn't find the will/time to try in the end.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • galego
    galego Posts: 15
    daniel_b said:

galego said:

I'm fairly sure you have to be a member of BC for it work, and if you are then the code is on the dashboard I think.

However it would not work for me as an existing user - I suppose I could have set up a new e-mail address, but I wasn't sure if the code was linked to the e-mail address that my BC account was created with, which was the same, and couldn't find the will/time to try in the end.
    I am not a member of BC but I was wondering if the code could not be linked to the email address.
  • Anyone else with Sky Q not able to record Eurosport any more?

I assume they've removed it to get people to move to the player
  • ibr17xvii

Anyone else with Sky Q not able to record Eurosport any more?

I recorded both lots of cycling yesterday (Algarve & Andalucia) with no issues on Sky Q.

I did notice that the Algarve did keep disappearing from my scheduled recordings for some reason. Maybe something to do with the Winter Olympics I'm not sure.

However I noticed it had disappeared in time, re-added it & it recorded no problem.
  • It seems the issue was weather related, as nothing else was recording yesterday.

I've been able to set the recorder now
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,920
    Just been having a quick look through the races that GCN (UK) has this year and one jumped out as missing. The Womens Paris Roubaix on the 16th April. No sign of it. Seems Odd
  • E3 seems to be missing too

Although that's organised by a separate organiser so maybe they don't have rights
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    ibr17xvii said:

Anyone else with Sky Q not able to record Eurosport any more?

I recorded both lots of cycling yesterday (Algarve & Andalucia) with no issues on Sky Q.

I did notice that the Algarve did keep disappearing from my scheduled recordings for some reason. Maybe something to do with the Winter Olympics I'm not sure.

However I noticed it had disappeared in time, re-added it & it recorded no problem.
    Fair play guys if you're recording and then watching these pre-season races!! Hardcore
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,131
    https://www.uci.org/pressrelease/the-uci-set-to-partner-with-discovery-sports-for-the-organisation-and/5HnMDlfipQhShJdrn5LcPj

Looks like Discovery/Eurosport have got the rights to the MTB World Cup; very disappointing news - looks like free to air coverage will be gone.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Still winds me up that GCN don't have an iPad app yet
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • andyrr
    gweeds said:

I've got it on my Ipad Air.
  • ibr17xvii
    gweeds said:

They've been promising an Apple TV app since launch as well.

If it had appeared I probably would've renewed.
  • gweeds
    andyrr said:

gweeds said:

I've got it on my Ipad Air.
    You can run the iPhone app on the iPad but there’s not a native iPad app. Unless I’ve missed it.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    I’ve had an app on my iPad Air since launch.

• gweeds
    Yes. But it’s a rescaled iPhone app. Not the same as a native one.
  • andyrr
    gweeds said:

Their app has worked fine for me on my iPad Air.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    (slightly odd source, sorry but - not surprising...)

https://blisterreview.com/features/topic-of-the-week/on-race-broadcasting-going-mainstream

Discovery take over the Red Bull MTB Coverage
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gweeds said:

There definitely is one. I’ve had it for about a year. It’s better than the iPhone one, but it’s badly designed still when playing and using the timeline slide towards the end of the race. It’s actually very annoying