Donald Trump

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601

dennisn said:

dennisn said:

WOW. A weird thought just passed through my head. After following this topic for a while it would seem that "The Don" has replaced Lance Armstrong as the most hated man in England. Or is there British citizen over there that is more hated than either or both of them?

Mate, @dennisn , you went pretty quiet when Trump had his ‘disinfectant moment’.

Can you see why most Brits think he is moronic yet?

Politics have never interested me.
    Interest or not you ought to be able to see why the rest of the world thinks America elected a f@cking idiot, no?
    Why would I care what the rest of the world thinks about someone(Trump) that I don't care about? I really, really am not interested in politics. Never have been. Way too boring and full of sh#t.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    dennisn said:

dennisn said:

dennisn said:

WOW. A weird thought just passed through my head. After following this topic for a while it would seem that "The Don" has replaced Lance Armstrong as the most hated man in England. Or is there British citizen over there that is more hated than either or both of them?

Mate, @dennisn , you went pretty quiet when Trump had his ‘disinfectant moment’.

Can you see why most Brits think he is moronic yet?

Politics have never interested me.
    Interest or not you ought to be able to see why the rest of the world thinks America elected a f@cking idiot, no?
    Why would I care what the rest of the world thinks about someone(Trump) that I don't care about? I really, really am not interested in politics. Never have been. Way too boring and full of sh#t.
    I assumed you cared because you commented about Brit perception of Trump on this very thread.

Bit odd to comment about that and then declare you’re not interested.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    dennisn said:

You don't care that initially Trump was dismissive over Coronavirus and has potentially put many lives at risk because of that lack of decisive action ?
    ...and then made a convenient U turn a few weeks later.
    You don't care that the US has pulled out of climate change commitments?
    You don't care that the withdrawal of troops out of Northern Syria left a gap, created a mass exodus and put the Kurds at the mercy of the Russians, the Turks and the Syrian regime?
    (Those same Kurds who played an important role and was a strong ally of Western Forces. A complete betrayal).
    You don't care that Trump is diminishing the status of the US globally and the vacuum's he leaves behind is empowering the likes of Assad and Putin?
    You don't care that his ineptitude regarding trade talks will and has handed the US a dilemma as well as risking US jobs?
    (Never mind potentially de-stabilising global trade but that seems to have fizzled out - perhaps he has been made aware of the futility of it but it didn't stop him acting the tw@t in the first place).
    You just don't care do you? I mean Trump's a great guy and his tenure at the Oval office has no consequence so why should people get all uppity about him?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rick_chasey
    edited May 2020
    dennisn said:

In case you forgot. I guess following the topic for a while and making a comment on the topic is the kind of behaviour of someone who doesn’t follow the topic or care about it.
  • dennisn

dennisn said:

In case you forgot. I guess following the topic for a while and making a comment on the topic is the kind of behaviour of someone who doesn’t follow the topic or care about it.
    I think you're making more or less of it than there is. I can't decide. Can't a person be curious in your world?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    The simple answer to your question is that neither come close to being the most hated man in England. They barely register on that scale.
    Now, if you want to start on the most ridiculed man that might be a different story.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    edited May 2020
    dennisn said:

dennisn said:

I think you're making more or less of it than there is. I can't decide. Can't a person be curious in your world?
    Sure in the same way I’m curious about what you think.

I don’t know why you’re putting so much effort into evading the Q.

A) the question wasn’t enormously tough (can you see why people outside the US think the nation elected a stone cold idiot?) and B ) if you really want to not answer just ignore me.
  • dennisn

dennisn said:

dennisn said:

Sure in the same way I’m curious about what you think.

I don’t know why you’re putting so much effort into evading the Q.

A) the question wasn’t enormously tough (can you see why people outside the US think the nation elected a stone cold idiot?) and B ) if you really want to not answer just ignore me.
    What was your question(s) again?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It was why do Americans have such a short attention span.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    webboo said:

It was why do Americans have such a short attention span.

They get distracted playing with all their guns 'n' ammo, y'all.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    It's basically the same response Dennis used to make in discussions about Lance i.e. you can't comment on someone you don't actually know in real life and they might be different if you had a drink with them. Very odd view.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Maybe Dennis is Lance.
  • monty_dogcp
    monty_dogcp Posts: 382
    Dennis still owes on a wager he lost on the 2009 TDF - he was supposed to make a donation to charity. The man has no honour.
  • rick_chasey

Dennis still owes on a wager he lost on the 2009 TDF - he was supposed to make a donation to charity. The man has no honour.

Fairly sure he also sent a saddle to someone out of the blue because it was one the poster was after and he had it lying around.

• dennisn
    webboo said:

Maybe Dennis is Lance.

Pretty sure that was disproved some years back.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    This is most unusual... Mike Pence admitted he'd done something wrong. On Fox News.

• pblakeney
    edited May 2020
    Edit - Irrelevant. I was cross threading.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    Oh yes, in the antidote thread!

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,923
    edited May 2020
    Seems like Barr is now just dropping cases that Trump tells him to, so Trump doesn't have to do the pardon thing (which would involve the pardonee accepting guilt and forgoing 5th amendment rights). Exhibit: Michael Flynn. Banana Republic time.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    In case you missed it...

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/12/don-t-ask-me-ask-china-trump-s-reply-to-nasty-question-on-us-covid-19-tests

Just to be clear, you bouffant moron, what would be the purpose of the young lady asking China why the number of tests is so important to you?

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    He may or may not have Coronavirus but he definitely has Dementia.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-hes-tested-positively-164300125.html
  • briantrumpet
    How do you fix this level of stupid?

• pblakeney
    edited May 2020
    That chart doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
    In fact I'd have guessed higher percentages for the top half.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • briantrumpet
    pblakeney said:

That chart doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
    In fact I'd have guessed higher percentages for the top half.

And I've just noticed that the top two 'percentages' are actually 'percent+1ages'
  • pinno

How do you fix this level of stupid?

With a virus? Hang on...

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Also on the side of levels of stupid, Trump is now kicking off at Twitter, on Twitter saying he will close them down as they are stifling his free speech but putting fact check links under his rants.
  • pblakeney
    edited May 2020
    Trumpster currently attacking his main outlet.
    Hope they shut him down. They won't though, too much clickbait.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203
    He's just flown over Cape Canaveral in Air Force One to view the Spacex Nasa rocket. That's what bullsh1t1ng can do for you and it shouldn't be taken for granted!