Peterborough/Cambridge area MTB'ers

Comments

• mbrfan
    mbrfan Posts: 239
    Each to his own. I don't feel right taking any more time off from the family for the time being: I don't see the kids much during the week. Let's move on.

So, looks like my apple bike will be ready for Sunday - need a local jaunt to bed it in. Anyone out?
    S
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    OK.
    I don't know if Scott is up for a ride out on sunday but if we do go over to Wales next week it'll have to the following week for Bourne for me. Is the fun stuff near to where we were looking?
    Well done with the apple bike. how is the parts hunt for the Focus coming on?
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • mbrfan
    Wiggle being the only supplier for Focus, I'm waiting on a response. The chain has arrived. I picked up the levers and some nice grips at Rutland this lunchtime.

About 400 metres beyond the ponds there was a right hand turn that we saw but didn't take - we went straight on to the other woods.

I bumped into Dave from HamptonCycles last night - he lives round the corner. Put me onto a route to Wansford from the Nene, and has a reasonable workshop with most tools. If you need the odd bits he can source them cheaper than most. (didn't have a hanger for a Focus, though). If you can't be bothered to service your own bike - might save a trip to Terry Wrights?

S
  • Hi Steve - I've not heard of Hampton Cycles before - I assume it's a shop? Do you know where it is?
    Cheers
    Andy
  • mbrfan
    Hi Andy,

It's run out of Dave's garage - only part time but he's hoping to go mainstream and get a workshop. He's advertised in the Hampton Gazette. I'll see if I can get his details and PM you.

S
  • mbrfan
    finally got the apple bike built.

[imghttp://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2148886/[/img]

Will probably trash it on first outing.

S
  • mbrfan
    C@cked that link up. just get rid of the bits front and back.  S
  • Carlos13
    Carlos13 Posts: 152
    Has everyone been out this w/e?

I am up for a ride this evening...

BTW neat bike Steve, wonder if I could do something similar to my old Claud Butler...I will soon have a load of ex-Rockhopper parts sitting around.
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    On One Scandal single speed
    08 Specialized Tricross Singlecross
    Felt CA1
    70s Claud Butler Campag Gransport - Fixed conversion
    Various other junk
  • Larok
    Larok Posts: 577
    Great looking bike MBR fan.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2148886

The Incredible Hulk is born !! :P
  • Leebergin
    Leebergin Posts: 97
    Steve

Familys doing very well 8) .

New bike is looking good :shock: .

Hopefully will be able to get out for a weekend ride soon :D

Lee
    Lee

We do these things in life... not to escape life itself... but to stop life escaping us.....

http://tinyurl.com/MyBike
  • mbrfan
    Cheers guys. Carl, pity I only checked in now - would have gone out with you. Never mind, perhaps next Sunday am?
    From the Grantham/Lincs thread, looks like it's worth checking out Bourne Woods again.

Steve
  • Troopy
    Steve, the revamp looks good, are you going to unleash the beast on the local trails tomorrow night? Anyone else out?
    Scott, I can't make Wales this weekend although I have found what looks like a decent camp site just outside Betws-Y-Coed and can make the following weekend if that’s any good. The weather forecast for the coming weekend doesn't look to good for Wales anyway
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • Larok
    No problem Troopy. I'll get back to you re the following weekend.
  • mbrfan
    Tues evening is OK. 6:30? And where?
  • Troopy
    6.30 should be good. How about heading out towards Fineshades, i don't know how much of the woods we will be able to do in the time we have, but untill you try you never know.
  • mbrfan
    Absolutely. I'll work out a route tonight
  • Larok
    Can't go, interview!
  • Carlos13
    I may be able to make this. Will know for sure later on. Where would we meet?

edit: Nope, can't do it.
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    Felt CA1
    Various other junk
  • Troopy
    Ok, who's out on sunday?
  • Carlos13
    Me definitely if we can go early doors
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    Felt CA1
    Various other junk
  • mbrfan
    I'd like to try Bourne Woods again if possible. Early is good for me too.
  • Carlos13
    Ok, where should we meet, and what time?

I can drive, have estate to fit two bikes plus one other person.
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    Felt CA1
    Various other junk
  • Troopy
    I don't like to do it but early does suit me as I've got lots to do and once out there it's good. Bourne woods sounds OK to me, hopefully we can find the good stuff. I can alos tke one other person + 2 other bikes.
  • mbrfan
    Would make sense for us to meet up at the Harvester/Showground and set off form there. Meet at 08:30? I can cycle over to there no probs. Scott/Mike/Lee/TTT/acac/anyone else?
  • Troopy
    If no-one else is out it makes sence for me to cut across to Bourne via Stamford and meet you there. But let's see who's out first
  • Troopy
    Sorry, my spelling is AWOL today, I meant sense and in the last post I meant also and that
  • mbrfan
    slight amendment to the plan. I will be bringing my eldest with me for his first off-road experience. I'd suggest that we meet you both there. We will be slow and need a few rests, I suspect, so you might want to zoom ahead and we'll meet you at the jumps.

S
  • Troopy
    I've just looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow, it shows heavey rain through tonight and the early morning :( . Remembering how muddy it was off the main tracks the other week at Bourne and knowing how muddy the local bridle ways will be I'm thinking it might be better to do a good ride out on the road bike :oops: . I've taken the other wheels to be looked at and only have the Ignitor tyres which are crap in the mud :roll: . Also I do need to get a load of miles in before my holiday 8) .
    Anyone else up for a road ride?
  • mbrfan
    I'll take Pierre anyway, it might be OK under the trees by the jumps. A bit of mud should be OK for him.

Carl - how do you want to play this? BigTex is going to meet us there at 9am. You OK getting under your own steam, or fancy a convoy? Scott, what are you up to?

S

Good luck on the roads Chris. Shaving your legs?
  • Carlos13
    I can get there. Can you pm me your mobile, am coming down with a cold but hoping to make it.

Never been before, anywhere to meet in particular?
    08 Commencal Meta 5.5.2
    Felt CA1
    Various other junk