La Vuelta 2023: Stage 17:- Ribadesella / Ribeseya - Altu de L'Angliru 124.5Kms ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Don't know till you try

Narrator: They did, in fact, already know
  • Danish interview with Jonas suggests he'll be trying to set up a win for the birthday boy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,864
    edited September 2023

Seems like they're just going to let him go up the road. Which will be interesting if he still has a decent gap at the foot of Angliru, that's where Jumbo will need to start thinking about bringing him back or attacking....

I figured Jumbo couldn't afford Soler to gain too much time on Roglic so they have to chase. UAE get a tow.
    Oh, and Remco must be livid. Although it might just be Jumbo going for the win.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Seems like Soler's leash is set at 1 minute. He'll end up losing time badly I think, but would be fun if he could put Roglic under pressure
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,940
    This race is not right you know ...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Don't know till you try

It was at this point he realised the Shakespearean aside post was correct

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    How is any of them non jumbo guys going to get on the podium ?
  • Don't know till you try

It was at this point he realised the Shakespearean aside post was correct

Enter jester from stage left

"Forsooth, for thou art a right mug and no fűcking mistake mate, werst thou at the back of the fűcking queue when the brains were given out?"
  • Remco not looking comfortable on the descent. Bit greasy under the trees
  • I was going to say that Evenepoel isn’t pushing it on the descent
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    43.8 kph average so far
  • pblakeney
    Yeah, quite strange to see him going down at a pace similar to me on an open road.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,817

Do not call me Angliru. You wouldn't like it when I'm Angliru

Just like the original Stewart Lee joke, it get's better after it's repeated
    Angrilu? You’ve not seen me angrilu.
  • If the gps is correct the peloton were a minute quicker descending.
  • mididoctors
    It's the especially stupid grade climb
  • mididoctors
    Bahrain cos playing
  • mididoctors
    Look out for Bob
  • mididoctors
    Remco dying on the bail out gear
  • pblakeney
    PTP screwed. Hey ho....
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Almeida is hilarious
  • Ayuso is toast
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,714
    Why do they keep cutting back to Remco out the back? That and the word salad is making it nearly unwatchable.
  • And where Ayuso goes, Mas follows
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2023
    Plan their cards right landa could get in the top 5 ... all to play for
  • mididoctors
    Jonas wants to attack ?
  • Landa really riding for Remco next year?
  • Lead group is like a football score.
    Bahrain 3 Jumbo 3
  • Pross
    Camera work is shockingly bad again.
  • Pross

Lead group is like a football score.
    Bahrain 3 Jumbo 3

Bahrain have had a goal struck off.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,682
    It feels like Bahrain are setting this up for JV.