The Tour of it's not going past my house in Britain thread

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,169
    gsk82 said:

They're going to have a 3 hour transfer across the country after this stage. What a s*** show this race is.

Edit: there aren't any big hotels in Goole so doubt they'll come all the way across. The point still stands though. Too many stages finishing near where they start. Think I just heard Ned say today's stage is 109km. Tomorrow's stage route is terrible.

From a roadside cycling spectator's POV, I quite like this.
    Agree with everything else though.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,494
    The early Worlds has really impacted this race, hasn't it? No big names using it to fine tune their form ahead of it this year.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,575
    What are all the sprinters doing ATM?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,671
    gsk82 said:

What are all the sprinters doing ATM?

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,484

andyp said:

Tashman said:

That's the Tour of the Midlands, innit. Nuffink down here in the Sarf

Last time I checked, Suffolk and Essex were definitely south.
    Not to mention that Gloucester is South of the M4 corridor.
    Maybe he means Florida or Louisiana?
    Gloucester is in the midlands and deffo not south of the M4 corridor!
    Suffolk and Essex are in the south east.

Queenie's death robbed us of the south's stages last year.
    Nah, Essex and Suffolk are East Angular, South East is Sussex and Kent, South is Hampshire and Dorset :)
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,586
    Crosswinds today. Blowy at Bridlington and finish.

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,575
    edited September 2023
    Lorry tipped over at a roundabout about 15km from the finish.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    Enjoyed watching yesterday on ITVX, lots of roads I've actually ridden and Ned being complimentary about my locale.
    With 78 riders all on 0s, surely you'd want to try to get some unknowns in that 78 out into a breakaway and hope that something happens to mean the peleton fail to make the catch. (Unlikely I know given Jumbo's strength)
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,293
    gsk82 said:

Lorry tipped over at a roundabout about 15km from the finish.

Did Kooij give it a shoulder barge?
  • Sometimes I wonder why KOM and intermediate sprints don't have two points versions, first over the line and fastest through segment.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Jeez this is a boring, featureless race.
    Not only are there few climbs, the ones they have are unworthy of the name.
    Plus it’s all happening on main roads, so it’s only technical when sprints are happening.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,892
    Frisky St Perrin
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Tour of Harry tanfield has got a bit interesting
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Something's happening!
  • mididoctors
    Men on bikes
  • Still going to be tough to stay away if Jumbo decide to start to chase.
  • mididoctors

Still going to be tough to stay away if Jumbo decide to start to chase.

They don't look as strong as they did earlier
  • Still going to be tough to stay away if Jumbo decide to start to chase.

They don't look as strong as they did earlier
    They'll use WVA and then let him recover for the leadout....
  • mididoctors
    Mov chase
  • Movistar deciding to hand the win to Jumbo.
  • mididoctors

• Only the win for Jumbo today.
  • So Kooij makes it a hat trick, potentially the first of two consecutive hat tricks. Hopefully the organisers will at some point wake up to the fact that watching a succession of groundhog days does not constitute a stage race worthy of the name ‘Tour of Britain’.
    The hardest thing about this race is for the general public to maintain interest.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • So Kooij makes it a hat trick, potentially the first of two consecutive hat tricks. Hopefully the organisers will at some point wake up to the fact that watching a succession of groundhog days does not constitute a stage race worthy of the name ‘Tour of Britain’.
    The hardest thing about this race is for the general public to maintain interest.

There was about 10km there when the result wasn't a foregone conclusion.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,293

So Kooij makes it a hat trick, potentially the first of two consecutive hat tricks. Hopefully the organisers will at some point wake up to the fact that watching a succession of groundhog days does not constitute a stage race worthy of the name ‘Tour of Britain’.

The next EBH
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,776
    First 56 now on ST for GC.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Dialatron
    Dialatron Posts: 1,101

Old, fat and that's just the bike.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,586
    Anyone got a phone number for Danny Van Poppel?

I need to apologise to him.

That's 2 days in a row I have called him across the line in 2nd place as Sam Bennett.

FFS

There will not be a 3rd error. Honest.
  • Dialatron
    Dialatron Posts: 1,101
    That was you on the PA Alan?
    Old, fat and that's just the bike.
  • mididoctors
    It's a odd format that's for sure ... The small teams need to attack from.now on ... Other wise why bother