Bjerg overcooked a corner and went down, now chasing back on the climb
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,633
    Carapaz with a dig, Jonas goes with him, nobody else can
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,385
    Carapaz attacking with Alaphilippe who can't hold on and Vingergaard follows.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,900
    Kicking off ...catapaz and Jonas ...JA blows up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Bjerg still chasing on and nearly at the back of the peloton.
  • mididoctors
    Yellow jersey crashed chasing back on
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Gaudu, halfway through this season's transfer of the Great French Hope batton, is in trouble. Good to see him getting into the spirit of things early.
  • Pross
    Vingergaard not looking like he's planning on doing a turn but sitting comfortably on Carapaz's wheel.

Taking a turn at last.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Jonas drops Carapaz.
  • mididoctors
    Jonas goes alone
  • Pross
    Bjerg still trying to get back and is among riders dropping off the main bunch but still showing as being a minute back. JV drops Carapaz and is going solo.
  • mididoctors
    Showing his hand early
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pross said:

Vingergaard not looking like he's planning on doing a turn but sitting comfortably on Carapaz's wheel.

Taking a turn at last.

Might still be a bit of afters from TdF 2021, Carapaz not a reliable partner :-D
  • Pross
    The rest of the GC riders now realising the danger with JV having a 35" lead.
  • Pross
    Carapaz has blown up and been dropped by the GC group.
  • Pross
    Yates could have done with Bjerg on this section.
  • Pross
    GC group are giving up the race here, most teams have at least 2 riders but are just refusing to commit.
  • mididoctors
    Jonas head on the stem ....
  • Pross
    Starting to work behind but they're not making any headway, gap at 37" with 8km to go.
  • Pross
    Bernal?? getting fed up and trying to bridge alone.
  • Pross
    Looks like Bernal is about to get caught but nice to see him at the pointy end, JV holding his lead as the other GC riders yet again show how stupid pro riders can be.
  • Pross
    Surprised that Wright hasn't made the chasing group. Jonas looking on the edge taking some of the corners, doesn't need to be tking risks.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,803

Gaudu, halfway through this season's transfer of the Great French Hope batton, is in trouble. Good to see him getting into the spirit of things early.

Even he thought he'd been put in the wrong tier on that other thread!

• Pross
    Vingergaard takes the win by 30" with JA bringing in the rest so should lead by around 1 minute on GC from O'Connor who had a mechanical in the last km so should get same time. Stupid riding by most.
  • mididoctors
    Classy win by Jonas ... thankfully JA sprints for my ptp points
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Surprised that Wright hasn't made the chasing group. Jonas looking on the edge taking some of the corners, doesn't need to be tking risks.

. Think he would defend the white jersey and hang on ....

• Pross
    I really hope Pog is back to full fitness for the Tour as that could be a special battle. Will be a walkover otherwise.
  • mididoctors
    Very fast ....good stage parcours and action .... Been a well designed race
  • Pross
    edited June 2023
    Showing Jonas leading by 1' 23" from JA on the GC but I suspect it might be a smaller gap with O'Connor in second (currently third on 1' 24"), maybe based on the time he crossed the line but as he had a mechanical he should get the same time as JA.

Edit - updated on the official website and showing O'Connor second at 1' 10".