Critérium du Dauphiné 2023, June 4th - 11th ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,900
    TT is a drag to the line
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,385
    The on screen clock is a bit dodgy. Some seconds are on delay others flying by. Benoot riding a two-up with Sweeny, should get DQd if he keeps that up.
  • Pross
    The road in the opening stretch is so bad it could be in the UK. Yates getting bounced all over the place.
  • Pross
    Bouchard and Ben Turner have apparently crashed out. Dani Martinez is on a flyer, currently equal fastest with Cavagna at checkpoint 1.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,517
    Pross said:

Bouchard and Ben Turner have apparently crashed out. Dani Martinez is on a flyer, currently equal fastest with Cavagna at checkpoint 1.

I saw that Ben Turner had abandoned, and presumed he crashed. Poor guy, can't buy a break at the moment.
  • mididoctors
    Martinez fading a tad but good time
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Yates going well
  • mididoctors
    Jorgenson not as quick as I expected
  • mididoctors
    edited June 2023
    Jonas same pace as cavagna
  • mididoctors
    Bjerg on a different level ?
  • mididoctors
    Gaudu .....not a good time
  • mididoctors
    edited June 2023
    Bjerg tosses Remy out the hot seat
  • mididoctors
    Yates on par Ben o Connor not bad at all
  • mididoctors
    Jonas drops 12 secs to Bjerg
  • mididoctors
    G..Martin ....feels like wasted talent watching him
  • mididoctors
    Bernal ....2 mins off the pace
  • mididoctors
    Fred Wright did a time !
  • mididoctors
    Herregots showing he has something
  • mididoctors
    Well surprise winner ....
  • andyp

Was it? Best TT rider in the race wins TT, isn't exactly a surprise.
  • Pross
    andyp said:

Was it? Best TT rider in the race wins TT, isn't exactly a surprise.
    For my PTP pick I used the PCS best time triallists in the race option and Berg didn't show up for some reason. I was initially going to go with Cavagna who was top on that list but when I checked actual head-to-head results Vingergaard seemed to beat him more often than not so I went with the easy option. I hadn't even noticed Berg until someone else picked him. Should have just gone with my normal method of picking the first person to sound right for the stage from the startlist.
  • andyp
    I didn't realise that this was Bjerg's first win as a pro. I thought he'd won some TTs already, so maybe I was over estimating his favourite status. He was unbeatable as an u23 rider in time trials, so it was only a matter of time before he started winning them as a pro.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,633
    andyp said:

I didn't realise that this was Bjerg's first win as a pro. I thought he'd won some TTs already, so maybe I was over estimating his favourite status. He was unbeatable as an u23 rider in time trials, so it was only a matter of time before he started winning them as a pro.

He's not really ridden for himself at all at UAE, has always been riding in support of Pog - including putting in shifts in the mountains. Feels like he was let off the leash here a bit
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,472
    He also has the role of scouting TT's for Pog and advising him of dangerous corners etc.
    Could well be that he isn't all out when having that role as well. Could also be, that he is very good, but simply loses to Ganna, Remco, WVA, Küng etc.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • mididoctors
    Very strong break ... Might make it
  • mididoctors
    edited June 2023
    Politt EBH and TdG in the break
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 571
    Just gone past my brother who is staying near by and didn't know the race was going through until I told him!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,633

Politt EBH and TdG in the break

Thought you'd sneak it past me that Jonas Gregaard was in there too? Shame on you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    EF chasing for some reason
  • Pross

EF chasing for some reason

Carapaz fancying the stage and bonus seconds?