Giro 2023:- Stage 18: Oderzo – Val Di Zoldo 161 km, A Very Pointy at the End Stage. ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    G covered relatively well
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Jay vine lol
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,513
    Looks like Almeida is almost back despite having Vine nearly crash in front of him
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133

Jay vine lol

"What do you mean, steer?"
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Almeida catching the other 3 on his own (others back now). Kuss dropped and Almeida looking likely to get back.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    lol vine pulls almeida back up to Thomas and Roglic. Oof
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    Meh, final 700m. Gonna be seconds at best.
  • Pross
    Thomas now testing Roglic and Hatch yet again using the 'watts are occuring' phrase he started rolling out on Tuesday and which has got no less annoying.
  • Pross
    Roglic currently helping Thomas increase his lead. Critically no time bonuses for the GC riders.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited May 2023
    Roglic and Thomas vs Almeida for no more than a handful of seconds.
    I can't see Almeida surviving tomorrows finish. 4kms at almost 12%
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Zanna just
  • blazing_saddles
    Zana beats the Goat Man. :|
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Lol Pinot misses out again
  • Pross
    Zana takes the sprint from Pinot. Thought he'd raised his arms too soon, Pinot finding new riders to beat him one on one.
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 268
    Zana from Peanut
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    Call the police. Pinot has been mugged again.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    GT and Rog gain 20s on Almeida
  • Pross
    Geraint just glues himself to Roglic's wheel and makes no attempt to pass. At face value he dealt with that very comfortably.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    Chapeau to Dunbar. He's having a great race.
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 268
    G absolutely glued to Rog's wheel.
  • mididoctors
    They are all so close on physical ability
  • blazing_saddles
    Almeida loses about 21 seconds
  • Pross
    Almeida loses 21", Dunbar lost a bit more but should move up to 4th (although Pinot may have moved above him?).
  • Pross
    Not the biggest of climbs today but the race is absolutely shredded with 2 riders being a large group!
  • mididoctors
    Thomas didn't make any effort to come round .....
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    GC is going to be something like

GT
    Rog +29
    Almeida +39
  • blazing_saddles
    If Pinot wants to win a stage, he should stop acting the goat on these climbs.
  • Pross

Nothing to gain and a possible psychological blow if you try and fail, did exactly what I wanted him to (in the event he wasn't going to gain time).
  • mididoctors

Jay vine lol

"What do you mean, steer?"
    He has a hell of an engine though ...
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Nothing to gain and a possible psychological blow if you try and fail, did exactly what I wanted him to (in the event he wasn't going to gain time).
    That glycogen saved there may win the giro .. I think it was the right call too. Waste NOTHING . the margins between these guys is next to nothing . Thomas is really experienced