Giro 2023:- Stage 18: Oderzo – Val Di Zoldo 161 km, A Very Pointy at the End Stage. ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,845
    Riders losing contact real early
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    Cav amongst those slipping out the back.
  • mididoctors
    Pinot
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    It's fast peloton under stress big time
  • Pross
    Still no break as such but the peloton is really starting to split.
  • mididoctors
    CaRthy
  • mididoctors
    Lot of top 10 GC wannabes making moves
  • Pross
    Front group is probably about 40 riders now with a handful still trying to get away.
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo controlling ...... 4 rides hanging off the front
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2023
    Parry pantry Haig pinot

25 isn riders in GC group
  • Pross
    7 moving clearly including Haig, Pinot, Paret-Peintre and Zanna. Couple of IPT including Gee obviously. No sign of Healy.
  • Pross
    It's going to be a group of GC favourites alone with 120km to go behind the break at this rate!
  • Pross
    When are the commentators going to realise that Ineos actually only have 3 riders capable of hanging in there today? They only have 5 in total.
  • Pross
    Healy struggling to hang on.
  • mididoctors
    Bahrain keep trying to break the race
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Healy has blown himself up really early.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Healy feeling it ......welcome to the giro
  • mididoctors
    Carthy trying to bridge
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2023
    Jumbo collapsing ....de plus going up the road
  • Pross
    Best hour of racing of the Giro so far.
  • Pross
    A break going away now could well hold on as there's basically no-one left to chase.
  • mididoctors
    Still 7 k to kom...Kelly angry Healy wastes his energy
  • Pross
    JV still have numbers but most are sat at the back of the group. I wonder if Roglic isn't feeling 100%?
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    Interesting that they're wellying it given two huge stages tomorrow and Saturday.
  • mididoctors
    Regroupment on the climb
  • Pross
    edited May 2023
    5 man break now feels properly established:

Gee, Frigo, Pinot, Paret-Pantre and Zanna. One rider trying to bridge (Pronskiy) and behind I think the GC teams were feeling a bit vulnerable so seem to have knocked it off allowing for some re-grouping. Puccio back for Ineos which will be useful for Thomas once they are off the climb and descent. Ackermann apparently there too!
  • Pross
    Barguil and two others now trying to bridge which may stir things up again. Haig too now.
  • Pross
    edited May 2023
    Fortunato and Stojnic the others trying to bridge.
  • Pross
    IPT have 5 riders in the race - two are in the break and now Stevie Williams is trying to bridge!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Ineos trying to hurt Roglic!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format