Giro 2023:- Stage 18: Oderzo – Val Di Zoldo 161 km, A Very Pointy at the End Stage. ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    Roglic looks to be in trouble. He's been sitting at the back all along and I thought his riders on the front might be setting a pace to suit him, they've now had to drop back after Ineos went to the front.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Roglic suffering?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Ineos not hanging about
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Ineos pace has resulted in the Barguil group getting pulled back. Shame they are so short of numbers as they could be creating serious problems. Break is back down to 28" from around 1' 15" a while back. Break has crossed the summit with Pinot taking the points.
  • mididoctors
    I think ineos wanted to thin out jumbo ...and caught roglic out
  • mididoctors
    Pinot kom
  • Pross
    Could turn out to be a tactical mistake if Ineos catch the break with bonus seconds in play later.
  • REALLY hope Roglic is bluffing

Don't think he is though
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Could turn out to be a tactical mistake if Ineos catch the break with bonus seconds in play later.

Seems opportunistic but they can always sit up

• mididoctors
    Lot of french men coming good in the third
  • mididoctors

REALLY hope Roglic is bluffing

Don't think he is though

Would be a ace bluff if it is
  • mididoctors
    Yeah ineos sitting up
  • mididoctors
    More attacks out the GC regroupment ... Ineos can't really control
  • mididoctors
    Swift to the rescue
  • mididoctors
    Ineos riding really well .
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Roglic was dropped earlier in the climb, before Ineos put the hammer down. I assume they wanted ot test him, but didn't go too hard so that Puccio and Swift could come back for the long ride across the plain
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Finally the race has settled down into the usual holding pattern
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Bonifazio was a DNS today, here's some skillz the peloton just lost

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    UAE have done nothing all day except looking dangerous
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    edited May 2023
    49km to go. Ineos losing about a minute every 10 to the break.

Front of the peloton is one line of all the teams in podium order.
  • mididoctors
    Getting a tad tense
  • rick_chasey

Getting a tad tense

So much so the KM counter has disappeared from the screen.
  • rick_chasey
    No info on time gaps or distance to go.
  • mididoctors
    GC group jockeying for position into climb ....Bora looking to shrink the time gap
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2023
    UAE getting to the fore.. jumbo not to seen
  • rick_chasey
    OK back up. 33km to go, 5.30 gap.
  • blazing_saddles
    The usual chasing into the climb, then everybody sits up.
    "A flock" of goats says Eurosport's Hannah. :/
  • rick_chasey
    Ineos down to 2 domestiques and Thomas according to Voigt
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

Ineos down to 2 domestiques and Thomas according to Voigt

That's only losing the two non-climbers. I assume they've still got all three who are in the top 10 overall.

They'll be happy enough with Swift and Puccio taking them this far, I'd say.
  • blazing_saddles
    Ineos finally increase the pace.