Giro d'Italia 23 Stage 13: Borgofranco d’Ivrea - Crans Montana, 75 km not so serious **SPOILERS**

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Descent looks appropriately grim
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    Time to watch through your fingers now.
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 862
    r0bh said:

Pross said:

andyp said:

Blythe with the shade on Jay Vine, "There's no power ups".

He was sounding petulant in his interview. Once he lost time he should have been committing himself to a helping role.
    I think every interview I've heard with him has been about how he can maximize his income from cycling
    He's always struck me as grounded, someone who's seized his opportunities later in life than most, has gone all in with his Mrs and appreciates that success could all evaporate as quickly as it appeared for him.

No time for romantic ideals, he's just got to get the job done while he can.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822

Who else had Sean dropping the "shmoking the pipe" on their bingo card?

“Fumé la pipe as the Frenchies say” ! Loved it.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,900
    Ulissi hanging back ..where's almeida
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    It is a challenging descent
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Adam brings out the best in Sean
  • wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 862

It is a challenging descent

Yes, this race could be decided in the mountains, just not the usual side.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977

Pross said:

Dangling though, not sure how much he’ll offer. There’s not much valley is there?

25km of flat before the last climb.
    I think nobody told Paret-Peintre
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Nothing wrong with the road now.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,215

Conditions are fine at the finish. Should be a tailwind along the valley now too.
  • mididoctors
    red.rider said:

Conditions are fine at the finish. Should be a tailwind along the valley now too.

Turned this race on its head red
  • mididoctors
    No team really pushing in the GC group
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    Got to admire their skills in taking those jackets on and off at reasonable pace in a bunch., It'd be straight in my spokes causing a pile up, but then, I would never make it up those gradients either.
  • mididoctors
    14k of flat left
  • mididoctors
    So compact roglic
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    The riders obviously enjoy 80km stages, from the laughing and joking.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,633
    The break are seriously unhappy with Pinot
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

The break are seriously unhappy with Pinot

They ain't going to win by going slow ...and he is there

• mididoctors
    Pinot is dancing up
  • mididoctors
    Stole my line grrrrr
  • mididoctors
    Cepeda LOL
  • mididoctors
    Cepeda playing the Hugh card
  • mididoctors
    Cepeda can't react
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,633

Cepeda can't react

And yet, he's there again
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Rubios cranked neck
  • mididoctors

Cepeda can't react

And yet, he's there again
    Sand bagging

• mididoctors
    Cepeda with the ruse
  • mididoctors
    This is a right old ding dong
  • mididoctors
    Come on Hugh