2023 Transfer rumours and confirmed moves

Comments

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,174
    I was about to ask "have Jumbo announced Ben Tulett yet"? I have just seen on Twitter they're announcing a new rider today.......and the clues point to him.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,391
    Yes, confirmed Ben Tulett to Jumbo-Visma for two years
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    There must be a load of riders leaving Lidl-Trek as well, surely?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,815

7 in so far, and 4 confirmed out (Gallopin to pasture, Hoelgaard to UnoX, Baroncini to UAE and Tiberi to Bahrain cat sanctuary). 9 more with contracts up this year.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    Ineos must have some major master plan or they're shutting up shop.

I know they take their time with new rider announcements, but this is getting silly now.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,246
    andyp said:
    Good news. Hopefully, Antwan is being renewed.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,815

7 in so far, and 4 confirmed out (Gallopin to pasture, Hoelgaard to UnoX, Baroncini to UAE and Tiberi to Bahrain cat sanctuary). 9 more with contracts up this year.
    Brustenga has not been renewed.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Even if INEOS do sign Remco, unless there's a load of other riders coming in, they're surely going to struggle to send a team to all the required WT races
  • roscoe
    According to PCS, this is the current list of riders contracted for 2024 for Ineos.

1 ARENSMAN Thymen
    2 BERNAL Egan
    3 GANNA Filippo
    4 HAYTER Ethan
    5 HAYTER Leo
    6 KWIATKOWSKI Michał
    7 LEONARD Michael
    8 NARVÁEZ Jhonatan
    9 PIDCOCK Thomas
    10 PLAPP Luke
    11 SHEFFIELD Magnus
    12 SWIFT Connor
    13 TARLING Joshua
    14 TURNER Ben
    15 VIVIANI Elia
  • roscoe
    1 THOMAS Geraint
    2 SWIFT Ben
    3 CASTROVIEJO Jonathan
    4 RODRÍGUEZ Carlos
    5 ROWE Luke
    6 FRAILE Omar
    7 DE PLUS Laurens
    8 PUCCIO Salvatore
    9 WURF Cameron INEOS Grenadiers
    10 HEIDUK Kim INEOS Grenadiers
    11 RIVERA Brandon Smith

Ineos riders with contracts expiring 2023. According to PCS
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    roscoe said:

1 THOMAS Geraint
    2 SWIFT Ben
    3 CASTROVIEJO Jonathan
    4 RODRÍGUEZ Carlos
    5 ROWE Luke
    6 FRAILE Omar
    7 DE PLUS Laurens
    8 PUCCIO Salvatore
    9 WURF Cameron INEOS Grenadiers
    10 HEIDUK Kim INEOS Grenadiers
    11 RIVERA Brandon Smith

Ineos riders with contracts expiring 2023. According to PCS

I bet they renew the majority of those.
  • roscoe
    I would think so too. If they keep Rodriguez, that would mean only having to sign what, 4 riders?
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    Do wonder with all the departures whether they are anywhere near as attractive for someone like Remco to come in as a leader though.

QS are beefing up their mountain train and GC support; I still think Ineos could offer more, but nowhere near as much of an upgrade as it would have been a few years ago.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,457
    They still have some work to do to get to this list 😉

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13112905/ineos-grenadiers/p11
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,457
    Merging with QS along the terms @RichN95. mentioned previously just makes so much sense. Would be a shame if they close shop instead.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • roscoe
    Still some pretty good domestiques on their books just now. Add another 4 and they should have plenty of strength.

Lots of decent riders at other teams also going out of contract.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,891
    edited August 2023
    Thomas has already renewed, for 2 further years I thought.

One article I read, suggested that if Remco did sign, he'd be taking a number of team mates with him.

JA as well ;)

It does feel like there has to be a substantial signing announcement (really big, and preferably two well known names as a small female parent) or a winding down and exiting one.

I dearly hope it's the former.

P.S Cav and Morkov to join o:)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,391
    Thomas said he hadn't signed anything yet in interviews before Glasgow. I think he wants to go on for two years before retiring, though
  • roscoe
    Yeah, I thought G hadn’t signed as yet.

It would be really odd if they don’t make a couple of big signings.

Cav and Morkov would be something else, Project 35.

If none of the above happens, their GC contenders are G, Arensmen, Rodriguez(?) and Bernal.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    roscoe said:

Yeah, I thought G hadn’t signed as yet.

It would be really odd if they don’t make a couple of big signings.

Cav and Morkov would be something else, Project 35.

If none of the above happens, their GC contenders are G, Arensmen, Rodriguez(?) and Bernal.

I hate to say it but I don’t think Bernal will be a GC contender again. Hope to be proved wrong but I just don’t see it.
  • Put it this way, Bernal has the same chance of being a GT GC contender as Skjelmose
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,891
    edited August 2023
    My mistake on G, I thought I read on here in recent months he had re-signed for two years, and recall commenting that it was impressive and would take him upto the age of 39.
    Must have just been an unsubstantiated rumour though.

Wonder if the current riders are anymore in the know as to what the big plan is, or equally in the dark.

https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling/norwegian-press-tobias-foss-reportedly-waiting-for-evenepoel-to-join-ineos-before-deciding-his-future
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Anyone know if there is any truth to rumours of Ineos looking to sign young talents such as Theodor Storm, AJ August, Jacob Bush, Emil Schandorff iwersen, Ben Wiggins? Aybevthe plan is to fill out the roster with more young talent and see what develops.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited August 2023

Anyone know if there is any truth to rumours of Ineos looking to sign young talents such as Theodor Storm, AJ August, Jacob Bush, Emil Schandorff iwersen, Ben Wiggins? Aybevthe plan is to fill out the roster with more young talent and see what develops.

Storm is the only one I've heard mentioned. In fact I've never heard of the others bar Wiggins.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    RichN95. said:

Anyone know if there is any truth to rumours of Ineos looking to sign young talents such as Theodor Storm, AJ August, Jacob Bush, Emil Schandorff iwersen, Ben Wiggins? Aybevthe plan is to fill out the roster with more young talent and see what develops.

Storm is the only one I've heard mentioned. In fact I've never heard of the others bar Wiggins.
    August has been ever present in the junior races this year and can climb and time trial. He's also a decent cross rider. Bush is the national TT champ for Britain, was 5th at the Worlds behind Wiggins (and others), and is also a decent climber.

Emil Schandorff Iwersen is one for @No_Ta_Doctor - he's Danish but I don't think his results justify a WT contract, but I know nothing about him other than a quick look at his profile on procylingstats.

I know Ineos signed Tarling straight from the junior ranks, but I can't see them making a habit of that. There's a long list of riders who were incredible talents when they were juniors, but never showed that in either the u23 or pro ranks, so it's a risk taking them on.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    andyp said:

RichN95. said:

Emil Schandorff Iwersen is one for @No_Ta_Doctor - he's Danish but I don't think his results justify a WT contract, but I know nothing about him other than a quick look at his profile on procylingstats.
    Honestly never really heard of him. With the wealth of seriously talented Vikings at the mo it seems a touch strange he's the one that gets picked
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Thanks for the info guys. Since I live in Canada information on young talents is scarce unlike countries overseas. I know Ineos is one of the last teams to announce their new signings so I would think we will hear news soon.
  • roscoe
    andyp said:

RichN95. said:

August has been ever present in the junior races this year and can climb and time trial. He's also a decent cross rider. Bush is the national TT champ for Britain, was 5th at the Worlds behind Wiggins (and others), and is also a decent climber.

I know Ineos signed Tarling straight from the junior ranks, but I can't see them making a habit of that. There's a long list of riders who were incredible talents when they were juniors, but never showed that in either the u23 or pro ranks, so it's a risk taking them on.
    This is why they also need a development team.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,018
    roscoe said:

andyp said:

RichN95. said:

This is why they also need a development team.
    QS?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.