2023 Transfer rumours and confirmed moves

andyp
andyp Posts: 10,306
Type to start a new thread to capture changes likely to happen after August 1st this year.
«13456724

Comments

  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,306
    First up, Olav Kooij is set to leave Jumbo-Visma:

  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 42,358
    Jumbo may well be making a mistake but if he goes to a French team so will he be.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 482
    Ineos to sign 5 promising youngsters that leave 3 years later not having got near the podium of a GT.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,766
    roscoe said:

    Ineos to sign 5 promising youngsters

    This has been confirmed, and if so do you know who they are?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 482
    daniel_b said:

    roscoe said:

    Ineos to sign 5 promising youngsters

    This has been confirmed, and if so do you know who they are?
    Not confirmed, just something they seem to like doing.

    Although, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Remco rumours start again.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,525
    roscoe said:



    Although, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Remco rumours start again.

    Cos he keeps falling off?

    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 482
    gsk82 said:

    roscoe said:



    Although, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Remco rumours start again.

    Cos he keeps falling off?

    🤣
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,218
    Cavendish is having a press conference tomorrow. He's expected to say that this is his last season.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,771
    Making sure Netflix follow him around at the Tour
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,306
    Surprised this hasn't been posted already, but Daniel Friebe said this week that there are strong rumours that Dani Martinez will be riding for Bora-Hansgrohe next season.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,195
    Just catching up with Tour of Norway, and apparently Belgium media is reporting Fabio Jakobsen in talks to go to BORA - hansgrohe. Quick Step going full in for GC stuff with Evenpoel
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 74,659
    JimD666 said:

    Just catching up with Tour of Norway, and apparently Belgium media is reporting Fabio Jakobsen in talks to go to BORA - hansgrohe. Quick Step going full in for GC stuff with Evenpoel

    Can't afford both I believe. and GC stuff is more expensive.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 42,358
    Wouldn't they also have to drop, or at least cut, their Classics squad? Arguably, on this year's showing, they already have. Alaphilippe is contracted for next season otherwise I suspect he'd be going.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,771
    edited May 2023
    Pross said:

    Wouldn't they also have to drop, or at least cut, their Classics squad? Arguably, on this year's showing, they already have. Alaphilippe is contracted for next season otherwise I suspect he'd be going.

    I think if Pat L got the right offer for JA he would take it

    They've definitely cut their classics cloth to invest in Remco. Which is fine, but in a world of COVID positives and mad first weeks of the Tour is quite risky
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,934

    Pross said:

    Wouldn't they also have to drop, or at least cut, their Classics squad? Arguably, on this year's showing, they already have. Alaphilippe is contracted for next season otherwise I suspect he'd be going.

    I think if Pat L got the right offer for JA he would take it

    They've definitely cut their classics cloth to invest in Remco. Which is fine, but in a world of COVID positives and mad first weeks of the Tour is quite risky
    He's won 2 monuments and the Worlds RR plus a couple of San Sabastiens, versus "just" the Vuelta as his only stage race, so thus far I'd say their investment has primarily produced one day returns more than stage race returns.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 42,358
    Have we done TGH to Lidl-Trek? Can’t see it myself but flashed up on my news feed as a rumour.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,306
    Pross said:

    Have we done TGH to Lidl-Trek? Can’t see it myself but flashed up on my news feed as a rumour.

    I think Daniel Friebe mentioned this on the Cycling Podcast during the Giro. It would surprise me, given that TGH has a strong affinity with Ineos, having skipped school to attend the team launch back in 2010, but stranger things have happened.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 42,358
    andyp said:

    Pross said:

    Have we done TGH to Lidl-Trek? Can’t see it myself but flashed up on my news feed as a rumour.

    I think Daniel Friebe mentioned this on the Cycling Podcast during the Giro. It would surprise me, given that TGH has a strong affinity with Ineos, having skipped school to attend the team launch back in 2010, but stranger things have happened.
    He’s also arguably Ineos’ main GT rider at present and would have a strong team behind him.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 482
    Pross said:

    andyp said:

    Pross said:

    Have we done TGH to Lidl-Trek? Can’t see it myself but flashed up on my news feed as a rumour.

    I think Daniel Friebe mentioned this on the Cycling Podcast during the Giro. It would surprise me, given that TGH has a strong affinity with Ineos, having skipped school to attend the team launch back in 2010, but stranger things have happened.
    He’s also arguably Ineos’ main GT rider at present and would have a strong team behind him.
    Too pricey for Lefevre to just be a domestique for Remco.

    Unless is a swap deal🤣
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    Talking of TGH. Has anyone seen any news on how his rehab is going ?
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,766
    exlaser said:

    Talking of TGH. Has anyone seen any news on how his rehab is going ?

    Pretty sure I saw a video of him maybe on twitter making a coffee from a wheelchair.

    I'm taking from that he has not been on a bike at all, and it may even be some time - looks likely this year is written off sadly.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,306
    edited June 2023
    exlaser said:

    Talking of TGH. Has anyone seen any news on how his rehab is going ?

    He posted an update on Instagram yesterday. Doing pool-based rehab in London at the moment.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,382
    Pross said:

    andyp said:

    Pross said:

    Have we done TGH to Lidl-Trek? Can’t see it myself but flashed up on my news feed as a rumour.

    I think Daniel Friebe mentioned this on the Cycling Podcast during the Giro. It would surprise me, given that TGH has a strong affinity with Ineos, having skipped school to attend the team launch back in 2010, but stranger things have happened.
    He’s also arguably Ineos’ main GT rider at present and would have a strong team behind him.
    Pay me more energy?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,306
    Ciro reporting that Luke Lamperti, who's been consistently winning in the u23 ranks, is set for Soudal-Quick Step.

  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,306
    And Ben Tulett is out of contract at the end of the year and attracting interest from other teams:

  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,145
    I'm sure Tulett had said Sky/Ineos was his dream team.....so it's interesting if he leaves there. Still only 21, but seems to have been around for years...
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,306
    Sounds like Bora-Hansgrohe are interested in Tulett too.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 482
    Aren’t Ineos reported to be having a bit of a clear out this year?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,525
    roscoe said:

    Aren’t Ineos reported to be having a bit of a clear out this year?

    Probably. None of the young guys they've signed have looked like winning the tour so they'll all be off. Whichever one goes to Jumbo will win the tour in 2025.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,766
    edited June 2023
    roscoe said:

    Aren’t Ineos reported to be having a bit of a clear out this year?

    I thought they only just had one.......

    That would be a bit of a shocker if Tulett goes imho, well unless they are going to make a BIG signing, but I'm struggling to see it happening.
    Perhaps their budget is being reduced.
    I wonder what fate awaits Bernal.
    He has a contract until the end of 2026 of course.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18