2023 Transfer rumours and confirmed moves

Comments

• Roglic’s coach (and WvA’s) heading to Bora.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,662
    edited October 2023
    I thought rumours said 3 years.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,662
    Jai and roglic would be a strong pair ...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    So possibly
    Roglic and jai Vs pog and Yates Vs Jonas and kuss Vs remco and ?

That's not bad
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,671
    Remco and Carlos!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,662
    Remco and Ganna :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,671
    daniel_b said:

Remco and Ganna :D

Nah, Ganna is their sprinter now!

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,577
    Officially confirmed now but just says 2024 onwards...
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    gsk82 said:

Inrng has just retweeted something saying that Lefevre wants to continue the team with any riders who Jumbo don't want. That makes even less sense than anything else that's come out so far.

It would be very interesting if Jumbo take the sponsors and Lefevre continues with the left overs, especially if Jumbo dont want Remco (or visa versa)
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,080
    If Jumbo don't want Remco and Leferve keeps the world tour license then Remco will have to stay as he is contracted too. Though I imagine he wouldn't be happy with the gutting of his GC team support.
  • Mikel Landa will be happy, I guess.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    It's official - Bora-bound to eat up the sponsor's money freed by Sagan's departure (which might or might not include Specialized's money).
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 477
    Well well well. Wonder if Sir Jim will swoop in now....
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,080
    Apparently merger is off, in which case Remco won't be a free agent

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/jumbo-visma-and-soudal-quickstep-merger-is-off-according-to-belgian-reports/

I imagine Ineos passed on Roglic to try and get Remco and they may be left with nothing.
  • mididoctors
    FFS ....spinning our wheels 🎡
  • roscoe
    There's some amount of riders on Pro Cycling Stats still not contracted for next season yet.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,190
    edited October 2023

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/jumbo-visma-and-soudal-quickstep-merger-is-off-according-to-belgian-reports/

I imagine Ineos passed on Roglic to try and get Remco and they may be left with nothing.

Roglic isn't really an Ineos type target. Have they ever signed a leader over the age of 27? (Other than for their debut year)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • roscoe
    RichN95. said:

Roglic isn't really an Ineos type target. Have they ever signed a leader over the age of 27? (Other than for their debut year)
    I can see them going with Thomas, Arensman and Rodriguez for the GTs in 2024 and making a play for Remco in 2025.
  • RichN95.
    roscoe said:

RichN95. said:

I can see them going with Thomas, Arensman and Rodriguez for the GTs in 2024 and making a play for Remco in 2025.
    And who knows where Bernal's form will be. Cian Underpants is on his last year at Bora next season according to PCS
  • roscoe
    RichN95. said:

roscoe said:

RichN95. said:

And who knows where Bernal's form will be. Cian Underpants is on his last year at Bora next season according to PCS
    Forgot all about Cian, potentially a better bet for GC leadership than Remco? Interesting.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,122
    Where does Wout's coach going with Primoz leave Wout?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,263

2nd place, again. ;)
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    pblakeney said:

2nd place, again. ;)

:D:D
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,259
    me-109 said:

It's official - Bora-bound to eat up the sponsor's money freed by Sagan's departure (which might or might not include Specialized's money).

Supposedly Red Bull money
  • RichN95.
    amrushton said:

me-109 said:

Talk of Red Bull money for Roglic, as there is for Van Aert and Pidcock or personal deals with Specialized for the likes of Evenepoel shows how dumb the idea of salary caps is. Salary would just get replaced by personal deals for the top riders.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,495
    RichN95. said:

roscoe said:

RichN95. said:

Doubt he’ll be happy with the Roglic signing either.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,141
    amrushton said:

me-109 said:

Which has been denied. However, Bora have a connection to RB through a junior team - and Roglic was seen at the RB Athlete performance centre in Salzburg. More than likely a bike fit/ fitness test.
    Roglic is hardly your typical RB athlete.....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."