Oscar Rodriguez to Ineos for 3 years.

Decent domestique.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,159
    roscoe said:

daniel_b said:

Oscar Rodriguez to Ineos for 3 years.

Decent domestique.
    True but at the moment Ineos seem to be a team of decent domestiques in need of a leader...
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,477
    Their leader was leading the giro after 19 stages in May.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,964
    They need someone to be leading after 21 stages.
    Unlikely with the current rider/team combinations.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Nairo Quintana is back at Movistar. I’m happy about this.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,161
    RichN95. said:

I think it shows how poor the management of the team is, primarily on the men's side, these days. They tried, and failed, to get Carlos Rodriguez, but obviously had no plan B, and end up with Quintana. A sticking plaster strategy.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 466
    Nairo at Movistar will only work if Froome goes back to Ineos. Then Niro can wheelsuck all day long
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,068
    RichN95. said:

Never understood the appeal of him tbh
  • RichN95.
    edited October 2023

RichN95. said:

I was never particularly a fan. But I thought the way he was treated was poor. A three time Grand Tour winner forced out of the sport aged 32 for an offence which didn't even merit a ban didn't seem right to me.

Meanwhile at the Velo d'Or, presenter David Millar hands out an award named after Eddy Merckx.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,068
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

I was never particularly a fan. But I thought the way he was treated was poor. A three time Grand Tour winner forced out of the sport aged 32 for an offence which didn't even merit a ban didn't seem right to me.
    Always figured there was more to the story than either side let on.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,405
    Nairo just should be wearing Movistar kit...

Even if he rides for someone else he should still be wearing Movistar kit

(preferably the one with the green M)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,043
    edited October 2023
    RichN95. said:

Yes me too, he should be riding and riding for Moviestar has a kind of justice to it.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,631

RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

Always figured there was more to the story than either side let on.
    I read/heard it was his appealing against it that did the damage and made him persona non grata.

Either way, it seems all a bit ‘meh’ . I reckon he’ll still be sitting in on Froomey.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,355
    edited October 2023
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

Meanwhile at the Velo d'Or, presenter David Millar hands out an award named after Eddy Merckx.
    1 Giro + 1 Vuelta ≠ 3 GT's (on a side note. Not really that important).
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,770
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

Aye but. In those times of widespread doping, Millar put his hand up and said 'I done it', took the ban, and the flak, and moved on with his life.

Unlike any of insert your rider names of choice here.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    edited October 2023
    Nairo. He was going to win everything for years and did win a couple of GTs but was beaten by Froome and Yates and as I recall wasn't treated that well at Movistar
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 466
    orraloon said:

RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

Aye but. In those times of widespread doping, Millar put his hand up and said 'I done it', took the ban, and the flak, and moved on with his life.

orraloon said:

RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

Did he not get caught red handed? I thought he admitted after they found evidence during a raid
  • RichN95.
    edited October 2023
    orraloon said:

And he can get on with his life, but get someone else to front the sport's gala event (if that's what they want it to be). There are plenty of other people to pick from.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,770
    RichN95. said:

orraloon said:

And he can get on with his life, but get someone else to front the sport's gala event (if that's what they want it to be). There are plenty of other people to pick from.
    So which of those now 40-50 year olds are clean? 🤔
  • RichN95.
    edited October 2023
    orraloon said:

RichN95. said:

orraloon said:

Why does it have to be an old rider? Maybe hire an actual professional presenter.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,018
    roscoe said:

orraloon said:

RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

orraloon said:

RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

Did he not get caught red handed? I thought he admitted after they found evidence during a raid
    It was only the once, a long time before, and he’d given it up before getting caught. He only kept the vial to remind himself not to do it again. Honest guvnor.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,245
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

Millar apologized and least seemed to own up . Nairo ballsed up his contrition. Got himself to blame for a lot of his woes .... Seasoned pro should of done better . That said I am not freaking out he has a ride too much .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95. said:

orraloon said:

RichN95. said:

orraloon said:

Why does it have to be an old rider? Maybe hire an actual professional presenter.
    Facetiously, how many of them do we think are clean? I can think of a few commentators AND HELLO MODS I'M NOT GOING TO RISK ANY DEFAMATION ISSUES BY SUGGESTING NAMES EVEN JOKINGLY that are surely substance assisted...
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,530
    As if there are "Mods"!
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,215
    King Kenny to Cofidis

As is Ben Hermans
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,615
    edited November 2023
    Luke Plapp across to Jayco, 4 year deal.

Still had a year left on Ineos contract, but mutually terminated.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Does Polti replacing Eolo count?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,615
    edited November 2023
    Renshaw to Astana.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06