2023 Transfer rumours and confirmed moves

Comments

• markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Do Astana still go for Cav (assuming he hasn't signed) when Merlier could now be on the market?

I know there are different reasons to have either, Merlier would win a lot more throughout the year and get far more points I guess.

(obvs I want Cav to continue)
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,559

Understandable rumours swirling that Mørkøv will be heading to Astana

That's definitely what DK TV2 thought late last month, think it's probably pretty solid
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    markwb79 said:

Do Astana still go for Cav (assuming he hasn't signed) when Merlier could now be on the market?

I know there are different reasons to have either, Merlier would win a lot more throughout the year and get far more points I guess.

well I think I can take this back... but the theory still stands.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,681

Understandable rumours swirling that Mørkøv will be heading to Astana

That's definitely what DK TV2 thought late last month, think it's probably pretty solid
    I doubt he's that cheap, presumably they're adding some pieces for Cav?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,208
    markwb79 said:

Merlier isn't an upgrade on Cavendish, even now.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,042
    Bbc say cav is in for 2024
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,685
    Pleeeease don't crash Cav.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,647
    andyp said:

markwb79 said:

Oufff shots fired
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,681
    andyp said:

markwb79 said:

Savage. Is right, though?
  • Has this all been a disaster for Jasper, or does he get to add Kooij to his lead out when things are too flat and fast for WVA?
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,057
    Alaphilippe has a place open at Total Energies, apparently. Not his first choice of team though.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,371
    If Remco goes to Ineos, I'd expect Alaphilippe to go with him. Not sure whether Specialized move to Ineos as well then or possibly replace Cervelo for Soudal-Visma.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,080
    edited October 2023
    Remco, Pidcock and JA would be a frightening team in the hilly one day classics!
  • You mean in case Remco falls off?
  • joeyhalloran

You mean in case Remco falls off?

Ah, you must be new to cycling, let me explain Remco is an ex and current world champion, grand tour winner and 2 x winner of LBL.

Ah, you must be new to cycling, let me explain Remco is an ex and current world champion, grand tour winner and 2 x winner of LBL.
    Thanks. Sounds like hes doing alright so far then. So the other two are just back ups for if he falls off, right?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,559
    I can see Astana picking over the QS merger rejects for their sprint train. If Asgreen becomes available....

With a bit of planning they could remodel as a sprint team longer term, a bit of succession built in
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,491
    Inrng has just retweeted something saying that Lefevre wants to continue the team with any riders who Jumbo don't want. That makes even less sense than anything else that's come out so far.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • joeyhalloran

Thanks. Sounds like hes doing alright so far then. So the other two are just back ups for if he falls off, right?
    Ah, you meant the multi time world champion and grand tour stage winner or the other multi time world champion and grand tour stage winner?
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,226
    Cav has also got his old coach at Quickstep Vasilis Anastopoulos moving to Astana

Ah, you meant the multi time world champion and grand tour stage winner or the other multi time world champion and grand tour stage winner?
    You watched pidcock in lbl this year?

• andyp
    gsk82 said:

Inrng has just retweeted something saying that Lefevre wants to continue the team with any riders who Jumbo don't want. That makes even less sense than anything else that's come out so far.

Leferve only owns a twenty per cent stake in the team. The other eighty per cent is owned by Zdenek Bakala, so it is possible that Bakala has agreed the sale despite Leferve's opposition to it.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,257
    edited October 2023
    Seems he has signed. I thought Cav was finished and had swallowed his pride :)
  • andyp
    andyp said:

gsk82 said:

Leferve only owns a twenty per cent stake in the team. The other eighty per cent is owned by Zdenek Bakala, so it is possible that Bakala has agreed the sale despite Leferve's opposition to it.
    Brian Cookson's take on it:

• joeyhalloran

You watched pidcock in lbl this year?

Ah yeah, that single race. He should probably swallow his pride and just retire.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,647
    This is getting ridiculous
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • What's the date when it has to be sorted by?
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 475
    I'm sure I heard on a podcast that it's 19th October deadline for teams to be registered with the UCI