Prince Harry

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

Already there. This is the only place that I have engaged, and I doubt they know or make money from here.

Indirectly they might... Joe X doesn't give a monkey, because they only care about bicycles, but then reads this thread and clicks the bait to see what this latest development is all about... the clicks convince the broadcaster that it's worth pumping this story even more, because the public is interested, which in turn will sell books and make the interviews' cache' higher... it all adds up... kind of a butterfly effect

It's even less indirect that that. The forum generates money via ads. Royals get discussed regularly.

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £
    The money goes to Immediate Media though, not the Royals or any other cash seeking so-called-celebs. As long as Joe X stops clicking then everything will improve.
    "But royals = ad clicks" is the reason the royals can make money doing the same thing.
    I will admit that you've lost me.
    How can anything on here generate cash for royals? I don't click elsewhere.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,316
    pblakeney said:

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

Already there. This is the only place that I have engaged, and I doubt they know or make money from here.

Indirectly they might... Joe X doesn't give a monkey, because they only care about bicycles, but then reads this thread and clicks the bait to see what this latest development is all about... the clicks convince the broadcaster that it's worth pumping this story even more, because the public is interested, which in turn will sell books and make the interviews' cache' higher... it all adds up... kind of a butterfly effect

It's even less indirect that that. The forum generates money via ads. Royals get discussed regularly.

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £
    The money goes to Immediate Media though, not the Royals or any other cash seeking so-called-celebs. As long as Joe X stops clicking then everything will improve.
    "But royals = ad clicks" is the reason the royals can make money doing the same thing.
    I don't think any of the royals get anything for The Crown on Netflix (could be wrong), but I bet Netflix used its success as 1 measure for how much to pay H&M for their show.

Any engagement online feeds into the hype, you're underestimating how much is tracked if you think otherwise.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699

If someone offered me $100m to say my brother was a bit of a bell end, I'd probably consider it.

I've checked, and he wouldn't mind.
    In exchange for $50m?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pblakeney
    pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £
    I don't think any of the royals get anything for The Crown on Netflix (could be wrong), but I bet Netflix used its success as 1 measure for how much to pay H&M for their show.

Any engagement online feeds into the hype, you're underestimating how much is tracked if you think otherwise.
    I'm not arguing that there is nothing feeding the hype just that I wish people just wouldn't feed the clickbait frenzy. I didn't watch The Crown either FWTW.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rjsterry said:

If someone offered me $100m to say my brother was a bit of a bell end, I'd probably consider it.

I've checked, and he wouldn't mind.
    In exchange for $50m?
    You ready to make an offer?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    edited January 2023

Before Paris Hilton I can think of the likes of Tamara Beckwith, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and pretty much anyone labelled a socialite which I’ve always taken to mean a posh rich person who does nothing for a living but is always in the media. Then at the ‘more common’ end of the spectrum there were people like Dani Behr or Mandy Smith who built careers around shagging footballers or ageing rock stars (I’m sure there are male equivalents but they are the ones that spring to mind from my era).
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Pross said:

Before Paris Hilton I can think of the likes of Tamara Beckwith, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and pretty much anyone labelled a socialite which I’ve always taken to mean a posh rich person who does nothing for a living but is always in the media. Then at the ‘more common’ end of the spectrum there were people like Dani Behr or Mandy Smith who built careers around shagging footballers or ageing rock stars (I’m sure there are male equivalents but they are the ones that spring to mind from my era).

Gosh, that’s a lot of useless info taking up space in your head.
    But good recall. I guess it shows how the internet has democratised being famous for nothing.
  • Pross said:

Small timers compared to the Kardashians… social media have blown things out of proportion.
    Apparently they are worth over a billion pounds.. that’s not far off someone like Richard Branson…

left the forum March 2023
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Kardashians were worth a fortune and had a massive presence before the daughters hit the jackpot due to the father.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • One of them has leveraged it to become a self made billionaire in fairness.

I don’t mind the small time parasites who make a living by being famous, the Jordan… whatever her name is…
    I am however uncomfortable with that level of wealth born out of nothing, really…

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

One of them has leveraged it to become a self made billionaire in fairness.

I don’t mind the small time parasites who make a living by being famous, the Jordan… whatever her name is…
    I am however uncomfortable with that level of wealth born out of nothing, really…

how do yoj mean born out of nothing?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699
    Like the universe! And look what that has achieved.😀
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • MattFalle said:

how do yoj mean born out of nothing?
    Nothing
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,605

If its something like the Kardashians, that costs anyone who's not interested, nothing then I don't care. Good luck to them. There was some C4 programme on them last night looking at the growth of them. They certainly know how to make cash.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner

• pblakeney
    Funny thing is that the impression I get from the unavoidable headlines is that it can be summarised as our family is not as perfect as portrayed. No sh!t Sherlock.
    Veronese68 wrote:

If its something like the Kardashians, that costs anyone who's not interested, nothing then I don't care. Good luck to them. There was some C4 programme on them last night looking at the growth of them. They certainly know how to make cash.
    Everything has a cost... the all cosmetic industry has ballooned thanks to that lot, people spend huge amount of money to try to keep up... plastic surgery is not cheap, and the unregulated botox, fillers and whatnot... people get into debt and that has a cost to society on many levels... and that before we look at cosmetic surgery gone bad, leading to expensive fixes that the NHS have to carry out at taxpayer's cost.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Yes it's a soap opera but without the big storylines isn't it. We probably mostly already assumed everything he has revealed.

If it was fiction then there would be a lot of mileage in his true parentage, his mother's death and who arranged for it and why, Andy's involvement with Epstein and so on.

Sadly if there is more to know on any of these things (I don't say there is) he either doesn't know it himself or isn't going to let on. If he wants me to buy a copy I want pictures of the Queen in lizard form.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Yes it's a soap opera but without the big storylines isn't it. We probably mostly already assumed everything he has revealed.

I didn't know that Princess Margaret once gave him a biro for Christmas.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694

Yes it's a soap opera but without the big storylines isn't it. We probably mostly already assumed everything he has revealed.

I didn't know that Princess Margaret once gave him a biro for Christmas.
    Was that one that she nicked from the bookies?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Hey, don't be stating the obvious. H is on a mega deal to hold the clickbaiters attention away from Prince Nonce. And so far he's giving it welly. Royals gonna royal it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    It's one of the more plausible explanations for sure...

He should have let someone else do the audiobook (No I didn't, a few people posted clips of it.)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    edited January 2023
    Prince Harry autobiography Spare is fastest-selling non-fiction book ever
    Sales of Spare exceeded publisher’s ‘most bullish expectations’

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/prince-harry-spare-autobiography-memoir-b2259565.html

we go'n holler at the senator for a re-up, yo...

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,423
    ddraver said:

Prince Harry autobiography Spare is fastest-selling non-fiction book ever
    Sales of Spare exceeded publisher’s ‘most bullish expectations’

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/prince-harry-spare-autobiography-memoir-b2259565.html

we go'n holler at the senator for a re-up, yo...

I don't know what the 'non-fiction' book you refer to is. I'm sure it contains a whole load of embellishments.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pblakeney
    How many were bought by reporters?
    Probably not enough to make all the difference but must be a high number.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pross
    Why would anyone buy the book when everything in it will get discussed at length in various media outlets?
  • Pross
    I guess that’s the difference between one putting themself in the media spotlight and the other understandably, if belatedly, hiding away in the shadows hoping people forget him. There’s a lesson there for any members of the royal family who genuinely what privacy from the media.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,605

Everything has a cost... the all cosmetic industry has ballooned thanks to that lot, people spend huge amount of money to try to keep up... plastic surgery is not cheap, and the unregulated botox, fillers and whatnot... people get into debt and that has a cost to society on many levels... and that before we look at cosmetic surgery gone bad, leading to expensive fixes that the NHS have to carry out at taxpayer's cost.
    Yeah
    Pross said:

Why would anyone buy the book when everything in it will get discussed at length in various media outlets?

Comments I’ve seen suggest it’s a rather different perspective in context rather than piece meal quotes by media that are , essentially, out to discredit it as they’ve been excluded from the party.,
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner