Prince Harry

Comments

• It's a joke, taking the p!ss about how pathetic his claims are.

As one paper pointed out 'it's the sort of non-news rubbish typically peddled by b-list celebrities desperate for attention.'
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,773

It's a joke, taking the p!ss about how pathetic his claims are.

I'd say that's a relief but it's hard to tell the difference.
    Parody is best when close to the truth so well played.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,540
    webboo said:

Christ on a bike.
    That’s supposed to something that’s scarred you for life.
    Like mother like son. Dependant personality disorder.
    Is it not someone being satirical about all the other things he has come out with?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    edited January 2023
    webboo said:

Christ on a bike.
    Getting hard to work out whats parody and whats bias these days...

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Pross said:

webboo said:

Christ on a bike.
    Is it not someone being satirical about all the other things he has come out with?
    That's how I read it.

The older I get, the better I was.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    Times points out that admitting to drug use puts Harry's visa at risk.
  • Times points out that admitting to drug use puts Harry's visa at risk.

Has this ever actually happened? You hear it mentioned quite often.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    I'd put a lot of money at very short odds on his visa not being at risk.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    bet you a fiver nothing happens to him
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,620

Apparently some celeb suffered from delayed boarding for her flight.
  • MattFalle
    as above, absolutely nothing will happen to him, but theoretically if there is a question on the visa app form that says "have you ever done any illegal drugs" and he said no and he is admitting that he is then he could get done for making a false declaration on visa form, visa cancelled, he gets slung out.

its like when the First Lady signed the declaration on Zoe's Notre Dame forms.

but this won't happen. he'll be fine.
  • Pross

Didn't it happen the other way around preventing Snoop Dog coming to the UK?
  • pblakeney
    Pross said:

Things must have changed as he's touring this year.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    Pross said:

Wasn't drugs, it was because he was a suspect in a murder investigation.

I think the Queen actually intervened on his side.
  • Pross

Pross said:

Big fan I heard
  • MattFalle
    Pross said:

Pross said:

Big fan I heard
    Betty's a Crip, fam.
  • MattFalle
    Pross said:

Pross said:

Big fan I heard
    Betty's a Crip, fam.

Pross said:

he slso got refused entry after e got busted for scrappin' at Heathrow airport then all charges got dropped.

same as when he got barred from Oz.
  • The best thing we can collectively do is to ignore the all matter, not read the articles, not click on the bait, change channel if news of the royal BS is on… otherwise the circle of money-making out of gossip selling will never end… and we all agree this way of getting rich has to end… whether one is called prince Harry, Kim Kardwhatever or else… it’s just not right
    left the forum March 2023
  • pblakeney
    edited January 2023
    Already there. This is the only place that I have engaged, and I doubt they know or make money from here.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Join the club, jackets etc...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pblakeney said:

Already there. This is the only place that I have engaged, and I doubt they know or make money from here.

Indirectly they might... Joe X doesn't give a monkey, because they only care about bicycles, but then reads this thread and clicks the bait to see what this latest development is all about... the clicks convince the broadcaster that it's worth pumping this story even more, because the public is interested, which in turn will sell books and make the interviews' cache' higher... it all adds up... kind of a butterfly effect

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,314

pblakeney said:

Indirectly they might... Joe X doesn't give a monkey, because they only care about bicycles, but then reads this thread and clicks the bait to see what this latest development is all about... the clicks convince the broadcaster that it's worth pumping this story even more, because the public is interested, which in turn will sell books and make the interviews' cache' higher... it all adds up... kind of a butterfly effect

It's even less indirect that that. The forum generates money via ads. Royals get discussed regularly.

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,247
    edited January 2023

If someone offered me $100m to say my brother was a bit of a bell end, I'd probably consider it.

I've checked, and he wouldn't mind.
  • pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

It's even less indirect that that. The forum generates money via ads. Royals get discussed regularly.

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £
    I don't mind the forum making money, it's the pointless celebrities making money I want to avoid...
    To my knowledge, it was Paris Hilton who started this all thing of making money for being famous, and being famous for no other reason than, well... being famous...

• Pross

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £
    I don't mind the forum making money, it's the pointless celebrities making money I want to avoid...
    To my knowledge, it was Paris Hilton who started this all thing of making money for being famous, and being famous for no other reason than, well... being famous...

Pretty sure it has been going on much longer than that.
  • Pross said:

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £

Pretty sure it has been going on much longer than that.
    Yes, people have always monetised popularity, but generally there was a reason why they were famous... actors, sport people... generally they had done something, one way or another...
    Paris Hilton never did anything, which was quite an innovative way to become famous at the time... not anymore, obviously... to some extent, Harry belong to that category or social parasites, who don't really do anything, don't have any ability or talent, making the headlines for petty reasons and generating huge amounts of cash by doing so.
    To his defence, he jumped on a good boat when he decided to represent the Invictus games, which seems a worthwile enterprise... not that I understand the point of the games, seeing that there are Paralympics already, but it is a positive thing for many to aspire to, I guess.
  • pblakeney
    pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £
    The money goes to Immediate Media though, not the Royals or any other cash seeking so-called-celebs. As long as Joe X stops clicking then everything will improve.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,314
    pblakeney said:

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £
    The money goes to Immediate Media though, not the Royals or any other cash seeking so-called-celebs. As long as Joe X stops clicking then everything will improve.
    "But royals = ad clicks" is the reason the royals can make money doing the same thing.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

pangolin said:

pblakeney said:

Threads = comments
    Comments = views
    Views = £
    "But royals = ad clicks" is the reason the royals can make money doing the same thing.
    I am not sure this is the case… maybe the minor royals monetise their social media accounts, certainly not the big players… they also probably don’t get royalties ( 😂 ) out of their very many biographies…