Prince Harry

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Stevo_666 said:

Pross said:

Lol it's not a normal family is it. Being a royal is the only way he's ever earned his money. Stands to reason he makes money out of it.

Posh lad with a mediocre academic history, no obvious skills or talents but a brief stint as an army officer, been to the right school and has connections. You need to be careful as he sounds exactly the type of person who might come to you for placing on a seven figure salary in the City.
    Or he could get a job as a recruitment consultant?
    Little thin skinned for that I suspect.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

Probably stupid to attract attention by boasting war time kills, it will cost him more in protection... I can see some extremists oiling the barrels of their guns, after that.

This is probably his biggest mistake. He's now going to be a ginger version of Salman Rushdie.
    we here think its mega the Taliban are complaining about this.

its one for the irony thread tbh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Before he said that it was a big secret that he'd gone over there to fight them.
  • MattFalle
    it was meant to but it leaked out and the media (I think it was The Scum) plastered it everywhere.

tbh, when he left theatre it released an awful lot of assets that joe p didn'tknow were tied up because of him.

Second time around everyone knew the score.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

If someone offered me $100m to say my brother was a bit of a bell end, I'd probably consider it.

Same here, with the added advantage of being an only child.
    errr, Stevo, we've been meaning to tell you something.

You know that MF who lives in the garage? well.......
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,500
    He's a deluded fool married to an egocentric dreamer.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

If someone offered me $100m to say my brother was a bit of a bell end, I'd probably consider it.

Same here, with the added advantage of being an only child.
    errr, Stevo, we've been meaning to tell you something.

You know that MF who lives in the garage? well.......
    I haven't heard something that dramatic since Darth Vader said 'Luke, I am your father'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Isn’t it all becoming a bit John Lacklands or many other younger sons of royalty. I wonder why I’m surprised by his behaviour.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Never underestimate the power of the British tabloid media to tell you who to hate.

There was a time that stories of Harry doing drugs, losing his virginity in a car park and killing 25 Taliban would have made him a national hero in the papers
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    MattFalle said:

it was meant to but it leaked out and the media (I think it was The Scum) plastered it everywhere.

tbh, when he left theatre it released an awful lot of assets that joe p didn'tknow were tied up because of him.

Always wondered whether it is normal for an officer to be blasting away on a .50 cal machine gun, the cynic in me thinks that may normally be one for the grunts and that it was just a photo opportunity.
  • MattFalle
    edited January 2023
    Pross said:

MattFalle said:

Always wondered whether it is normal for an officer to be blasting away on a .50 cal machine gun, the cynic in me thinks that may normally be one for the grunts and that it was just a photo opportunity.
    in this case, you wondered right.

if you remember rightly, he also had a stoppage he couldn't sort (didn't know his IADs) and had to get a bod in to help him out.
  • Jezyboy
    Jezyboy Posts: 2,925

Never underestimate the power of the British tabloid media to tell you who to hate.

There was a time that stories of Harry doing drugs, losing his virginity in a car park and killing 25 Taliban would have made him a national hero in the papers

The killing Taliban is an interesting one. It's obviously one that you just aren't mean to talk about in general.

When you combine that, with all the other stuff...

It would be surprising if he seemed 100 percent well adjusted.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I think he must be travelling a similar path to that of so many child stars. Just losing it in public.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,593

Nail and head.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Probably stupid to attract attention by boasting war time kills, it will cost him more in protection... I can see some extremists oiling the barrels of their guns, after that.

This is probably his biggest mistake. He's now going to be a ginger version of Salman Rushdie.
    we here think its mega the Taliban are complaining about this.

its one for the irony thread tbh.
    It's grimly hilarious.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620

This is getting silly now...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    edited January 2023
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • webboo
    I take it back he’s not John, he’s more George Duke of Clarence who ended up drowned in a wine butt.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744

Sounds like a memorable evening out.

[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    What the papers said then

What the papers say now

What he (apparently) actually wrote in the book

From this thread

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,605
    It’s like a member of the most repressed families ever who had a monumentally screwed up childhood has gone through a load of LA therapy and is now opening up.

UK press and media running every spare inch of column and air space on how much we don’t care.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Pross

What the papers said then

What the papers say now

What he (apparently) actually wrote in the book

From this thread

I think most people will assume that if you are fighting a war you’ll have killed people, the main issue is sticking a number on things as if you were keeping score. I did wonder how he would know from a helicopter but he covers that in the extract. I would have thought he could have said something along the lines of ‘my role meant that I did kill Taliban fighters, I know from the debriefs how many but it isn’t really something for a public discussion’. I know snipers quite often keep a count but that feels like a very different scenario.

The talk of chess pieces was also a bit misjudged probably but I can understand what he was saying and suspect that when your job requires you to kill you need to disassociate the enemy from being some bloke with a family and home life.
  • morstar
    I think it’s just an unspeakable truth.

Same scenario as gallows humour. You know doctors must joke about some horrible stuff as that’s inevitable. You just don’t share it outside that environment as nobody wants to hear it.

Sharing the mindset you have to have to go to war is never going to be well received outside of the forces. I see no issue with anything he’s said other than the fact he’s said it out loud in no context of addressing any issues or supporting servicemen. It’s been done solely for capital gain.

He’s just totally Ill advised is all I can see. He should have a chat with Mike Tyson.
  • The free advertising the publisher are getting is something they wouldn’t be able to buy… a bit sad for other books, which maybe are more deserving.
    left the forum March 2023
  • Pross

The free advertising the publisher are getting is something they wouldn’t be able to buy… a bit sad for other books, which maybe are more deserving.

It’s almost as if the ‘error’ releasing the book in Spain early was accidental. Who have thought?

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    edited January 2023
    Scarred for life no doubt. 🤪 Wonder how he would have coped in my comprehensive school. Did the army boys go easy?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • webboo

Christ on a bike.
    That’s supposed to something that’s scarred you for life.
    Like mother like son. Dependant personality disorder.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Again, apart from the Daily Heil and the clickbaiters, who actually gives a F?

Vive la republique.
  • morstar
    webboo said:

Christ on a bike.
    That’s supposed to something that’s scarred you for life.
    Like mother like son. Dependant personality disorder.
    I assumed it was a parody comment.

If that’s the sort of stuff he’s upset by he does have problems as that just normal shit between siblings.

I say that as a younger brother on the receiving end of endless crap like that.