Musky

Comments

• Nah, he's still greatness personified.

He just has to push the limits beyond the quantifiable boundaries of what mere mortals seem extreme.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,511
    That's a weird definition of a up-himself twerp who's rapidly losing the plot, but if you say so.
  • I really don't think he has changed, to me he is a bit like Boris that initially he is amusing but familiarity breeds contempt.
  • briantrumpet
    And still sliding. I do wonder if he wants to prove how rich he is by seeing how much value he can throw away, like Bullingdon Boys burning £5 notes in front of poor people.

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    Radio reporting Musk has been deposed.....
    No longer the world's richest man.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    What's Der Trumpfen going to do without his spouting bile platform?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625

And still sliding. I do wonder if he wants to prove how rich he is by seeing how much value he can throw away, like Bullingdon Boys burning £5 notes in front of poor people.

RIP Baillie Gifford's growth fund.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    This is Musk we are taking about.
    He'll buy his own discounted shares, then tweet and the price will rise.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Read a comment elsewhere that soon, given the muskrat's ongoing performances, driving around in a Tesla will be the same as poncing around wearing a big red MAGA hat.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Has he had some kind of breakdown?
  • If Earth gets wiped out in whatever way, isn't the second statement completely valid if humanity hasn't made the leap into space/universe?

The first statement needs clarification for me, does he mean there is so much growing political correctness, objection to everything, nothing gets done/evolves?
  • I'll take my chances here rather than somewhere that he's in charge of my oxygen supply thanks.
  • I'll take my chances here rather than somewhere that he's in charge of my oxygen supply thanks.

What, for say forty years tops? A grain of sand relative to humanities potential expansion.

Personally I think it's futile anyway, AI will takeover, far easier to protect, replicate and expand. That's not humanity.
  • Pross
    You’d probably have to pay extra for verified oxygen status.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195

I'll take my chances here rather than somewhere that he's in charge of my oxygen supply thanks.

What, for say forty years tops? A grain of sand relative to humanities potential expansion.

Personally I think it's futile anyway, AI will takeover, far easier to protect, replicate and expand. That's not humanity.
    You have seen the Terminator documentary series haven't you?

Humans are planet Earth organisms. This Is It.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,901
    edited December 2022
    How does the bloke sleep with all the complicated high pressured $h1t in his mind? Knowing that, why the hell buy it? It wasn't for the money and he knew he'd be derided for it.

He must regard it as important to humanities proggression in terms of communication.

I mean, people on here who are agnostic towards Musk still quote twitter.
  • Pross

How does the bloke sleep with all the complicated high pressured $h1t in his mind? Knowing that, why the hell buy it? It wasn't for the money and he new he'd be derided for it.

He must regard it as important to humanities proggression in terms of communication.

Because he’s an egotistical d1ck with more money than he can spend who opened his mouth before engaging his brain then couldn’t back out of it when he tried.
  • Pross said:

How does the bloke sleep with all the complicated high pressured $h1t in his mind? Knowing that, why the hell buy it? It wasn't for the money and he new he'd be derided for it.

Because he’s an egotistical d1ck with more money than he can spend who opened his mouth before engaging his brain then couldn’t back out of it when he tried.
    That doesn't make sense to me. He knew it would be a blow to his ego/stature (6ft 1.5").
  • He had to be forced into buying it, and now he's stopped paying rent.
  • briantrumpet

Pross said:

That doesn't make sense to me. He knew it would be a blow to his ego/stature (6ft 1.5").

I suspect you're going to have to find a way for it to make sense, other than thinking he's playing 4-D chess. Occam's Razor, and all that.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    orraloon said:

I'll take my chances here rather than somewhere that he's in charge of my oxygen supply thanks.

(Isn't that The Matrix Documentary...?)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    We ain't going to colonise Mars in any great numbers ffs. It's inhospitable.
    To relieve any pressure on earth significantly, would probably exhaust resources here and I doubt humans could cope with such an alien environment both physically and psychologically anyway.
    Most self sustaining biospheres that they have tried collapse within a very short period of time because life on earth is a very complex thing, requiring multiple factors and which has evolved over billions of years.

It would be far better if those millions were spent on decreasing inequality, improving education, tackling climate problems (caused by us and what - transferred to another planet?!), improving standards of living etc as these things reduce population growth and the want to migrate somewhere else.

Any thoughts of practical colonisation (on a planet in our solar system) is simply egomaniac pie in the sky talk.

Give it 500 years of technological advances maybe and by that time Musk will be long dead (and most of the human race probably).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084

So far AI seems to be limited to very specific tasks. It's a very very long way from passing a Turing test.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084

Pross said:

Why does it have to make sense? Intelligent people do stupid, illogical things all the time. Newton believed in alchemy. Galton believed in eugenics.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    pinno said:

(and most of the human race probably).

Thus rather neatly solving the problem...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    edited December 2022
    ddraver said:

orraloon said:

(Isn't that The Matrix Documentary...?)
    No. Humans are merely batteries in that documentary. That's the cover story. 😉

Life on Mars? That's the masterplan? Fück up this planet then fück up another? Brilliant!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • briantrumpet
    And still Tesla slides. Impressive, even for a genius.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Quite enjoying Focus slowly realising what most of us already have