Dog owners (rant)

14567810»

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,549

Why is it that stray dogs never seem to attack people? I've been in quite a few places with lots of them around and they don't seem to routinely eat babies or cyclists as far as I know.

Rely on the kindness of strangers more and act accordingly?

Or the ones that are actually vicious don't have an owner to sweep the incident under the rug and take them off home - they just hang around being vicious until someone deals with them.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,196

Why is it that stray dogs never seem to attack people? I've been in quite a few places with lots of them around and they don't seem to routinely eat babies or cyclists as far as I know.

The only time I have been bitten was by what I assumed was a stray. It was definitely racist.
  • mr_eddy
    mr_eddy Posts: 830
    I had one not long ago, little %h**ty poodle ran up and jumped on me whilst walking to the post office, the owner said 'She just wants a fuss' to which I said (firmly but politely) that it doesn't matter that he wants a fuss its your job as a dog owner to not make that decision for other people. I explained that for all she knew I could have had crimpling fear of dogs etc. She just replied "you know there are 10 million dog owners in the UK" so I replied "Meaning their are 60 million non-dog owners" and I just walked on. I think she spent 10 mins trying to compute!

I know its a old adage but its true there are no 'bad' dogs only bad 'dog owners' - Many dog owners seem to assume that because they love dogs all other human beings will feel the same way and that its ok.

I also recall going to Riverside Festival in Nottingham last year and a dog (again some little PITA type dog) tried snapped at my 3 year old - I will admit that on that day I (and I am not proud of this) told the bloke that "if his dog did that again I would literally kick it so hard in the head that its 'f*&$in head would come off" - I also then with much gusto explained to him the physics of what would happen if all 96kg of me stamped on his dogs face non-stop for 2 mins. He went away after that :)
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,549
    That dude who got attacked by the malinois posted an update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNnpDhpH-U&t=0s
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono