Anyone for the Commies?

123457»

Comments

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203
    Couldn't they just have a fixed camera on the introduction line up!!!

Isle of Man team get's announced, Cav get's a big cheer.
  • Most of the big names have figured out where they have to be to stand a chance of beating Cav.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Went for the womens race and first 3 laps of the mens race. Really enjoyable and my boys loved it.

We saw the Rwandan team out training in the week so became honourary Rwandan supporters for the day.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,934
    Commentary is very poor. Although the 3 English riders all have different helmets and different coloured bikes, they have struggled to identify them.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Trackies win both women’s and men’s
  • focuszing723
    I can't believe Aron Gates has won four Gold medals in this games now.
  • focuszing723
    I guess for him a mullet is the reason for his superpowers.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    I'd be a useless boxing judge, I can never tell who has landed the punch and usually think the one who loses was landing most.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592
    I rather enjoyed the race, but yes the rider identification was kirbyesque at times :#

Great to see Mayer for Mauritius up there at the start, then in the main break for an amount of time, and then managed to hang onto the 5 'chasers' pretty much for the duration, came in 19th - and two others in the top 40 I think.

I messaged the riders on instagram to see if they knew how I might be able to source a replica jersey, but alas they do not sell them to the public which I thought was a bit sad.

One of the female riders gave me the name of the kit supplier though, so I will chance my arm with a message to see if I might be able to get my hands on one.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Pross
    Musical Youth might to change their name.

Wales may not have done well on the medals table but they're partying better than the others.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    Was a good show - Musical Youth was good!

And the biggest of all Birmingham acts to finish.
  • Pross
    edited August 2022

Was a good show - Musical Youth was good!

And the biggest of all Birmingham acts to finish.

Agreed, some of the more modern acts weren't my taste but have to admit I hadn't realised how good the musical heritage of the Midlands is. I never knew Musical Youth were a British act even. Jeff Lynne was probably the most high profile absentee although I'm not a fan of much ELO stuff
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Yeah just watching it now - haven't seen The Move/ELO/Wizard or Spencer Davis Group/Stevie Winwood but that lot is going back a long way.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Pross
    They did play Spencer Davis Group as the athletes came in. They even pointed out Spencer himself was Welsh but went to Birmingham Uni.
  • Stevie Winwood but that lot is going back a long way.

My dad was at Wednesbury College with Stevie Winwood and a number of may mates dad's were in the same class as him at Great Barr school.

As a local I thought the games were incredibly well organised and attended. I never expected anything other than a real welcome from locals for the games, but even I was surprised by just how popular they have been. I attended a few events and was in Centenary Square last Saturday. Never seen it so busy, it was more crowded than any other sporting event I have been to, including Olympic Games.