focuszing723 Posts: 7,202

What are you on about?

TT bikes are stupid.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,516
    Oh, I see. An interesting opinion.
  • gethinceri
    I'll be riding mine tonight, because for riding a time trial as fast as possible all my other bikes are stupid.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    Lost 10" to Wright on that section
  • Pross
    The clock is weird at time checks. Thomas stays the same relative to Dennis but only just ahead of Wright who obviously did a fantastic second half
  • focuszing723
    edited August 2022

I'll be riding mine tonight, because for riding a time trial as fast as possible all my other bikes are stupid.

Why not all use your standard road bikes, what's the point of a dedicated extra bike which is more difficult to control? It's a bloody bike builders dream.

• focuszing723
    Pointless extra playing field.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,208

To be more precise, as fast as possible within the bike design rules for TTs.
  • Pross
    Thomas is going to have to give it some for silver.
  • gethinceri
    edited August 2022

Why not all use your standard road bikes, what's the point of a dedicated extra bike which is more difficult to control? It's a bloody bike builders dream.

I can only ride one bike at a time.
    I have a time trial bike, which I use to ride time trials as quickly as possible, it is quicker than the others. I built all of them myself, a dream.
  • focuszing723
    Thomas p1$$ed that Gold away then. Bronze.
  • Pross
    He's not going to do it
  • focuszing723
    edited August 2022
    Meh, stupid bikes anyway.
  • Fred second,good ride by Dennis, shame about G but gets bronze.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • gethinceri
    Yep, very.
  • Pross
    Possibly lost silver in that section where he was gesticulating to the car. Not sure what that was all about.
  • focuszing723

I can only ride one bike at a time.
    I have a time trial bike, which I use to ride time trials as quickly as possible, it is quicker than the others. I built all of them myself, a dream.
    It's my opinion, I just think they are pointless.
  • Pross
    The podium was pretty definitive. Top 3 within 30" then 2 minutes to the rest.
  • gethinceri
    Sure, I'm not knocking you, just disagreeing.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,573
    What were the top 3 finishing times, struggling to find them published anywhere.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,208
    daniel_b said:

What were the top 3 finishing times, struggling to find them published anywhere.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/commonwealth-games-itt2/2022/result

• focuszing723
    edited August 2022
    Interesting, Thomas saying the recce was pretty pointless because the barriers weren't up. That's not great then if that was the case. I noticed the other half of the road was sectioned off. No big issues with the bike, he was on the radio about the course.
  • gethinceri
    Would be good to be able to see the corner-to-restart time and identify whether that was the time between gold and bronze
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    edited August 2022
    Just hope there wasn’t an issue with a speed bump, or Brian Smith will be around with the rules book.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,573

Would be good to be able to see the corner-to-restart time and identify whether that was the time between gold and bronze

It would be, and I think it almost certainly is, or there would be a few seconds in it either way - all that lost momentum, time stood around, and then effort and time to get back up to speed.

Whether Dennis backed off at all/took less risks because he knew he had a cushion is also a possibility though.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Athletics program struggling to fill some of the sessions.
    Women’s 400m hurdles only managed a heat and a half.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Athletics program struggling to fill some of the sessions.

Some of the morning swimming sessions were a bit thinly populated too. There’s only so many Channel Islanders to go round to fill the lanes I guess. In the longer events (200m and over) there were swimmers in the seeded heats who would barely make a 14 yo regional final in the U.K.

But then some of the finals were epic once the dross had been thinned out.
  • Pross
    The long jump was ridiculously close with just 3cm separating the top 5 and gold decided on countback.
  • Pross

Athletics program struggling to fill some of the sessions.

Some of the morning swimming sessions were a bit thinly populated too. There’s only so many Channel Islanders to go round to fill the lanes I guess. In the longer events (200m and over) there were swimmers in the seeded heats who would barely make a 14 yo regional final in the U.K.

The one swimming relay had 3 teams in one heat and 5 in the other so they all went through. All the teams had to do was not make an illegal changeover, Wales did one with a reaction time of 0.00". That would have been a monumentous f*** up.
  • Pross said:

Athletics program struggling to fill some of the sessions.

The one swimming relay had 3 teams in one heat and 5 in the other so they all went through. All the teams had to do was not make an illegal changeover, Wales did one with a reaction time of 0.00". That would have been a monumentous f*** up.
    Canada got DQd for a false start in that relay so only 7 in the final. The South Africans didn’t race the heats as one of their team was stuck in traffic. The Canadians could well have challenged for metalwork in the final too.