TDF 2021: Stage 12, Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux > Nîmes 159.4 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    edited July 2021
    he's just a guy on bike in London who knows its the best way to get around down there and enjoys it. He's not putting £15k down on a 6 kg bike and putting 120kg in size TIR Assos.

getting Spanish cycling history from Millar
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    Siesta time.
    Thought as much.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203

Hello John go a new motor!

Seems he preferred a top end racing bike after all.
    He's carrying a lot of timber these days, even though he was never what one could call slim.
    Yeah. I always used to enjoy it as a nipper when he would make an appearance on "The Young Ones".
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Don't see this break coming back, unless there are some serious echelon shenanigans later. It's up to Alpecin-Fenix or DSM to control it, everyone else with a sprinter got someone away. Couple of other teams might think they're outgunned in the break, but DQS would normally do the lions share of the work and they'll have faith in Alaphilippe
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    Good break for Cav, sweep up the intermediate points and possibly hold on to stop anyone getting points back plus JA there to contest the win and the team can take a day off other than on crosswind sections.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    These locks are easy
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Hello John go a new motor!

Seems he preferred a top end racing bike after all.
    He's carrying a lot of timber these days, even though he was never what one could call slim.
    Used to see him pedalling around London when I was a cycle courier back in the late 80 s
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    I feel I've missed something with several of the posts above. Something has gone so far over my head I didn't even hear a whoosh.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    edited July 2021
    I wonder if Cav has said he's not feeling it today after yesterdays efforts, let JA go out in the break, Cav can rest up, and hit it hard tomorrow.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Pross
    Would like to see EBH get the win today for old times' sake.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

I feel I've missed something with several of the posts above. Something has gone so far over my head I didn't even hear a whoosh.

https://youtu.be/7MqMZ6XqMfc
  • mididoctors
    Them locks are easy
  • Pross

Pross said:

I remember the song, it was it's reference to the stage I don't get
  • daniel_b said:

I wonder if Cav has said he's not feeling it today after yesterdays efforts, let JA go out in the break, Cav can rest up, and hit it hard tomorrow.

Just noticed he's wearing a normal jersey rather than a skinsuit. Don't think he's going for it
  • mididoctors
    He is in the commentary box with Ned and Dave
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2021

Pross said:

I'm making a guess Mr Sayle was shown on the ITV4 broadcast, or someone resembling him?

Just noticed that Cav today is not wearing the green shorts he has worn on other days - not sure if notable or not.

*Aha, Hatch has just noted thatnormally when he is going for a sprint stage he wears his skinsuit, which i think is the all green affair, so maybe decided before the start.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Pross
    I think I'll play the highlights later as I've been trying to get the wife to agree to a holiday in the Ardeche for a few years now. The only downside is all those beaches along the river used to be over-run with overweight German and Dutch naturists. Some really nice little beach bars too though.
  • Pross

Ah right - actually him or someone that looks like him? Seems random!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,264
    Pross said:

Ah right - actually him or someone that looks like him? Seems random!

I remember him talking about his podcast where he rides around talking about stuff.
  • daniel_b
    Sayle's a legend, love his humour, very intelligent man.

Didn't take him as a cycling fan, good to know though.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,846
    Can't see Morkov in the rider list at https://racecenter.letour.fr/en/riders/12 . Cav is at the back, no sign of his lead-out man.

Some riders have had very quiet participation so far this Tour, including De Ghent and Dan Martin. Recovering from injury, or something else going on?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,932
    I seem to vaguely remember he coined PUFFIN (Pathetically Unfit Fat Fu...um..Fellow In Nappies) instead of MAMIL.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,264
    Alexei back on his bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGO22mT2plc

Love his imaginary sandwich bar too.
  • Pross

daniel_b said:

Just noticed he's wearing a normal jersey rather than a skinsuit. Don't think he's going for it
    Rob Hatch is reading this forum.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Ah, Cav not in his skinsuit because he hasn't been give one by ASO.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    Brad saying the organisers didn't give him the skinsuit for some reason and he's not happy about it.
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2021
    Wiggins just saying Cav was annoyed as the organisers didn't give him his speedsuit this morning - how weird.
    You would think he'd have it the night before no?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,932
    edited July 2021

daniel_b said:

And according to Wiggo he's not happy about it. Didn't get the Skin Suit from the organisers
  • Pross said:

daniel_b said:

Rob Hatch is reading this forum.

Maybe I am Rob Hatch

Maybe I am Rob Hatch
  • Pross

Can't see Morkov in the rider list at https://racecenter.letour.fr/en/riders/12 . Cav is at the back, no sign of his lead-out man.

Some riders have had very quiet participation so far this Tour, including De Ghent and Dan Martin. Recovering from injury, or something else going on?

Dan Martin was in the break yesterday wasn't he?