Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Miles Scotson steps off
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,859
    Pross said:

The Cav group look like they'll be 2.30-3.00 behind by the summit, any chance of him getting back for a bit?

Yeah it's a power descent to Sault
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pross said:

The Cav group look like they'll be 2.30-3.00 behind by the summit, any chance of him getting back for a bit?

Doubt they can get that back before the 1st time up Ventoux, unless the peloton really stretches. Guess they might catch the slower descenders
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,538
    Only 2.30 at the top, Ineos haven't ridden the last 3k much quicker than Cav.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    It's 3 minutes now though
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    What sort of time limit are we expecting Cav to have to be in by today?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Pross
    Yeah, not going to spend the energy to get back to the yellow jersey group. I guess it isn't worth it to get back just before it goes up again.
  • mididoctors
    Cav is going to.struggle if this doesn't settle down .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Ineos must be planning something surely? Either that or they are so programmed to riding on the front in week 2 of the Tour they can't stop themselves.
  • Pross
    Is the wind a factor? Looks a bit blowy
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pross said:

Ineos must be planning something surely? Either that or they are so programmed to riding on the front in week 2 of the Tour they can't stop themselves.

They might just be fed up with crashing... ;)

Bit breezy here on the way to Ventoux... Ineos wouldn't, would they?
  • Pross

Cav is going to.struggle if this doesn't settle down .

He's only just over 2 minutes behind the peloton where I think the winner is going to come from. Quite a few behind him apparently too
  • mididoctors
    gweeds said:

What sort of time limit are we expecting Cav to have to be in by today?

Talk is around 38 mins
  • mididoctors
    Froome should have be DQd for doing part of the course without a bike
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    5h30 winning time (37kmh time schedule) would give Cav 46 minutes or so to as a cut off if I'm doing things correctly with that calculator.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Gaudu hanging off the back :(
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Dan McClay steps off. Bit of a massacre for abandons today
  • Pross
    larkim said:

5h30 winning time (37kmh time schedule) would give Cav 46 minutes or so to as a cut off if I'm doing things correctly with that calculator.

It'll probably be closer to 6 hours I should think. First half was around 37kph but presumably the second will be considerably slower.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    edited July 2021
    Thijs Benoot steps off.

That's 6 dnfs already
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pross said:

larkim said:

It'll probably be closer to 6 hours I should think. First half was around 37kph but presumably the second will be considerably slower.
    Even with two descents?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,619
    Cut off times are the blue line

• No_Ta_Doctor
    Alaphilippe blew the break apart there.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Ask not who comes for the Lanterne - the Lanterne comes for you.

Chris Froome has moved up three places already, for those wondering if it's on.
  • mididoctors
    larkim said:

Sounds generous
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Dan Martin didn't make it into the lead group
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    peloton doing a team procession
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    So how long do we think it'll be before Ineos go full Wile E Coyote and destroy themselves with their latest cunning plan?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Have some faith, Cavendish will be fine!
  • mididoctors

Have some faith, Cavendish will be fine!

If he has 46 min cut off he will