TDF 2021: Stage 9, Cluses > Tignes 144.9 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• Pog thanks Ineos for their work by taking the pi$$ out of them :D
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    zest28 said:

tonyf34 said:

Ineos got issues with O' Connor? Why are they helping Pog/UAE?

They're not. They're helping Carapaz to not concede lots of time to other riders.
    They're working against themselves instead of letting Peg actually work, they're a bottom bracket short of a drivetrain!
    Ineos have now basically surrendered to Pogacar as someone who is "unbeatable" and are now targeting the podium.
    Pogacar must be stopped!!!!!
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Ad break ITV???
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    ET's mum told him it's time to come home. :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    Really happy for O'connor - I didn't see that when he was struggling with the cold on the last descent
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602
    mrb123 said:

Ad break ITV???

Yeah wtf is that about
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Pross
    Superb ride by O'Connor, he suffered with the weather but certainly had the legs.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Chapeau to O'Connor.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Would be nice to see whats happening behind among the support sheep.
    Oh there go, watching each other.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited July 2021

zest28 said:

They're not. They're helping Carapaz to not concede lots of time to other riders.
    It feels wrong not to make pog do some work now they've got rid of his team
    Pogacar will not do any work because he doesn't see Connor as a threat. Just like how he let MvdP have his fun.
    Aged well
    Yeah, surprised he attacked because he doesn't need to. Conor is no threat to him.

Guess he really doesn't want to loose that yellow Jersey for 1 day.
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    Pross said:

Carapaz poked the tiger there so all Ineos have achieved is costing O'Connor yellow.

Pogacar would never have given up yellow. He was upset he didn't take it in the time trial. He's just shown what he would have done even if Ineos hadn't pushed.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    I suppose he might do a Yates 2018 collapse... Maybe...
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Ha ha Allez Opi painted on the road.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Cut off time ?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,523
    zest28 said:

Pogacar = Chris Froome 2.0

Pogacar is 22 and has also won LBL, so they are not really comparable.
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    zest28 said:

Pogacar = Chris Froome 2.0

He's at his peak but his opponents are long in the tooth and past their best by a significant margin, that's before you even get to the crash damage, only a top of his game Roglic would have stood a chance, no amount of tactics and team strength can cover the difference in actual ability at this level.
    I would still have backed peak Froome to beat peak Pog.
  • Pross

Cut off time ?

ES reckon around 38 minutes but that was before they knew the finish time and speed. Bus should be OK
  • mididoctors

tonyf34 said:

They're working against themselves instead of letting Peg actually work, they're a bottom bracket short of a drivetrain!
    Pog was always capable of just riding off whenever he wanted - what Ineos were doing was nothing to do with Pogacar
    Then that's when you attack the group for minor places is it not ... Not put your guys on the front to reduce the gap to Connor for him .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398

Cut off time ?

Dunno but apparently looks good for Cav, touch and go for Demare and bad for Dlamini

If Demare goes too then Cav should be really well set...
  • mididoctors
    Sonny corbrelli ride
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    tonyf34 said:

Ineos are dumb AF, why would you actually help your opponent, they should have sat back and force Pog to work, if he doesn't work he could have possibly lost a minute to O'Connor in yellow, so this forces Pog to go to the front and work which helps Ineos, ATOTD they aren't gaining anything, they truly are thick as mince and robbing a deserved yellow for O'Connor.

Do you seriously think that Pogacar is an opponent of Ineos? He's in a race by himself now. He doesn't need to ride. Even if he did he'd just ride off, not sit on the front.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    Lots of people still not understanding that the riders are racing for position on GC not just trying to win.

Pog pulled back over a minute once he attacked - crazy!
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    look how fresh Pog looked and how much time he gained, the huge difference of riding out the wind to O'Connor who wasn't.
    We can only hope that Ben gets a podium out of this and Ineos get sweet fanny adams.
  • Pross
    Carapaz should have gained few places there
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    That time calculator link says 37:20 cutoff
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    37 min 20 secs the cut off
  • mididoctors
    37 min 20 cut off
  • Pross

Cut off time ?

37' 20" apparently
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Thunder storm here took out the Sky satellite signal for about 10 minutes at the end there

Between that & a lovely nap I've ni idea what happened
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    I think the cut off might be 37'20" :lol: