TDF 2021:- Stage 2, Perros-Guirec > Mûr-de-Bretagne Guerlédan 183.5 km **Spoilers**

12345679»

Comments

• johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    edited June 2021
    Sorry yes. MvdP is first reigning CX world champion too wear the yellow jersey since Thaler, according to Facebook

Edit: on checking Wikipedia it is probably false information. It suggests he wore yellow on satage 3 in 1978 but was world CX champ in the 80’s. Possibly Facebook is wrong?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    ddraver said:
    Cyclocross world champion not MTB cross champion.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    see above
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157

Possibly Facebook is wrong?

Something on Facebook is wrong? Who can be trust for our facts if not Facebook?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    RichN95. said:

Possibly Facebook is wrong?

Something on Facebook is wrong? Who can be trust for our facts if not Facebook?
    Well definitely Wikipedia 😱😉🧐
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157

Ned & David too?

Might explain it. I often think they are better when they can hear all the other nations talking into their mics - sort of hive mind mutually helping each other

ITV are next door to the commentators for the Euros football. Lee Dixon, who was doing Belgium v Portugal, was on their podcast this evening.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited June 2021

He's an absolute monster.

Insanely dominant.

Come on. MvdP is here for stage wins while Roglic and Pogacar are here to win the TdF. That is what you are seeing.

You clearly see that Pogacar is 100% focussed on Roglic. He doesn’t care if MvdP attacks, he will let him go as he doesn’t consider MvdP a threat to him.

Just wait and see after 3 weeks of racing if MvdP is still insanely dominant (i can already tell you that he won’t be).
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    No, he won't be, because he'll have left to head to Tokyo.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    zest28 said:

Insanely dominant.

Come on. MvdP is here for stage wins while Roglic and Pogacar are here to win the TdF. That is what you are seeing.

You clearly see that Pogacar is 100% focussed on Roglic. He doesn’t care if MvdP attacks, he will let him go as he doesn’t consider MvdP a threat to him.

Just wait and see after 3 weeks of racing if MvdP is still insanely dominant (i can already tell you that he won’t be).
    Thank you for taking the time to type that for my education. I feel humbled.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588

zest28 said:

Insanely dominant.

It was a beautiful example of arguing against something that wasn't said.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    edited June 2021
    Pross said:

zest28 said:

Insanely dominant.

It was a beautiful example of arguing against something that wasn't said.
    Delete.
    Z Not worth the effort.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    edited June 2021
    RichN95. said:

Ned & David too?

Might explain it. I often think they are better when they can hear all the other nations talking into their mics - sort of hive mind mutually helping each other

ITV are next door to the commentators for the Euros football. Lee Dixon, who was doing Belgium v Portugal, was on their podcast this evening.
    I guess by week three Ned and David will be saying "x should have done better" every 5 minutes then.

"and Woods has been dropped early on in the first climb"

"he should have done better than that Ned, that is very early on in the climb"
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Pross said:

Were there bonus seconds at the finish? I thought they were on the first ascent. Is MVDP in yellow or not?

Bonus on the first time up which is why he burst out and got 8 secs, at the finish there were 10 secs so that gave him the jersey