TDF 2021:- Stage 2, Perros-Guirec > Mûr-de-Bretagne Guerlédan 183.5 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328

Lot of effort for one point

Gets the sponsors logos on camera though :D
    I though we were talking about Rich's trivia
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    aaaaaand ITV4
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    BTW, how many riders lost limbs to disc brake rotors in those massive pile ups yesterday? I'm assuming there must have been body parts strewn everywhere.

*lights touchpaper, stands back
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Is it only me screaming "it's not 'the mur' it's a place called Mûr" or am I on a pedantic hiding to nothing?
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I was today years old when I learnt that...

Ned has also just read your post.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • larkim said:

Is it only me screaming "it's not 'the mur' it's a place called Mûr" or am I on a pedantic hiding to nothing?

All depends on context. Are you in a shopping precinct with a sign and table and flyers
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    larkim said:

It's actually been explained by Carlton earlier. I think a lot of people in cycling associate Mur with being a steep climb though so it's quite tricky to stop thinking of it relating to the climb
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

Sign of the day

Wondered what it said, I could only see the top line on live coverage.
  • Pross
    It's a bit nerve wracking seeing the likes of Roglic and WVA moving up like that. Makes you realise just how good these guys are at controlling their bikes.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    The front of the bunch has remained unchanged for ages.
    Literally nothing has happened.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross

The front of the bunch has remained unchanged for ages.
    Literally nothing has happened.

Ineos had dropped off but have now regrouped and got themselves back on the front.
  • Pross
    De Clerq taking a half day's leave.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Pross said:

larkim said:

It's actually been explained by Carlton earlier. I think a lot of people in cycling associate Mur with being a steep climb though so it's quite tricky to stop thinking of it relating to the climb
    Muur in Dutch means wall.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Well I've cleaned my chain, cleaned the awning, swept the patio, done the laundry, made the bed, and made dinner with this stage on...

Hopefully something will happen soon.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Trivia for Rich:
    Most world champions at a Tour. Road, not TT.
    Here we have Alaphilippe, Valverde, Mads P, Cav, Sagan, Kwiatkowski, Gilbert, Rui Costa.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Was up a ladder though when Cav went for the bonus sprint, was a little exciting, had a little wobble.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross

Pross said:

larkim said:

Means wall in French too doesn't it? Refers to the walled town in this case apparently.
  • Pross
    DQS managed to cut Pog off from his team mate leading to a few discussions involving Cav.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,865
    Bit frantic
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    Ah, so the 8 second carrot should be up for grabs by the bunch.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Nice little touch as Cavendish finally drifted back and received a pat on the back from Alaphilippe.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    Pross said:

Pross said:

larkim said:

Means wall in French too doesn't it? Refers to the walled town in this case apparently.
    Inner ring says no connection to wall as it is spelt with û.
  • Nice little touch as Cavendish finally drifted back and received a pat on the back from Alaphilippe.

I liked Alaphillipe yesterday saying Mark C talks a lot but is a good guy
  • Pross
    Not good to be on the inside line of that corner. Certainly pushed the whole Ineos team back a long way.
  • MvdP rolls the dice
  • Pross
    Has MVDP forgotten there are two ascents?
  • blazing_saddles
    MVDP attacks and ITV 4 think the Mur is a good time for an ad break.
  • ITV FAIL
  • Pross

Pross said:

Pross said:

larkim said:

Inner ring says no connection to wall as it is spelt with û.
    I'll take their word over Carlton then!