TDF 2021:- Stage 1, Brest › Landerneau 197.8km **Spoilers**

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,532
    Interesting that even sat up they are holding Schelling's gap.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Tony Martin was obviously checking his head on his way back up towards the peloton. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets pulled too.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    DQS wave the checkered flag and the race is back on.
    Sagan still adrift atm.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross

Tony Martin was obviously checking his head on his way back up towards the peloton. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets pulled too.

The amount of riders that hit him I'm surprised how quickly he got back up.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,845
    Did colbrelli get back on?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,202
    edited June 2021
    Pross said:

Was it Frenchie with his 'Contador is the greatest' sign?

It wasn't far off.
  • Pross
    I bet that spectator hoping to get on TV is now desperately hoping they didn't.
  • mididoctors
    She must wish the ground opened up and swallowed her
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    OK folks, what have I missed...?

Een grote chute by the looks of it.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mididoctors
    Pretty much
  • OK folks, what have I missed...?

6 months preparation and 100k of equipment wiped out by the bottom of a cardboard box
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    What an utter fucking moron.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • blazing_saddles
    Jumbo still having a few problems.
    Kruijswijk AWOL out the back.

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,202
    Paint drying, utter chaos, paint drying, then another couple of KM of chaos...
  • mididoctors
    Decent little tussle for Kom jersey
  • above_the_cows

6 months preparation and 100k of equipment wiped out by the bottom of a cardboard box
    At least it wasnt a duck.
  • Pross
    One for Rich - how many riders have won the yellow jersey on their very first Tour stage?
  • Pross said:

What's with the blue tyre on the JV bikes? Looks like someone forgot to take the turbo trainer wheel off.

It's for a sponsor, Swapfiets. Monthly membership bike hire type thing, and blue front tyres is part of their look
  • above_the_cows

Pross said:

What's with the blue tyre on the JV bikes? Looks like someone forgot to take the turbo trainer wheel off.

It's for a sponsor, Swapfiets. Monthly membership bike hire type thing, and blue front tyres is part of their look
    Oh don't tell me they've made it to the Tour as well...? Every other bike around me is a Swapfiets.

Groan.
  • Are they making more of that final climb than it is? Watched the women's race and at this level it's not that much?
  • Pross

DQS wave the checkered flag and the race is back on.
    Sagan still adrift atm.

Noticeable they eased off a bit once Sagan got back in.
  • Pross

Are they making more of that final climb than it is? Watched the women's race and at this level it's not that much?

First half is quite tough, certainly enough to split it up and then the draggy second half could allow the splits to widen
  • blazing_saddles
    Ewan's group his 30 seconds behind the bunch.
  • Pross

Pross said:

Looks awful and for some reason (possibly my own experience with coloured tyres) it makes me think the grip won't be very good in wet weather.
  • blazing_saddles

Could someone start the "Post of the Tour" thread, please?
    I think this should be the first entry.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    Pross said:

One for Rich - how many riders have won the yellow jersey on their very first Tour stage?

A few. Boardman, Gaviria, Millar, Cancellara and Piasecki off the top of my head
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Mainly TTs then, can't remember Gaviria being in yellow
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    For all the talk of "sod the unwritten rules, just race" i didn't notice anyone today calling for Ineos and QS to ride. Would have been bloody hilarious if they had, there were less than 20 riders left, and at least 2/3 were them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Anyone else thinking how good a job it sounds to be the one driving around creating the Tour route? I'd love that. No doubt you get a few brown envelopes to include certain towns as a bonus.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    Pross said:

Mainly TTs then, can't remember Gaviria being in yellow

He won his first stage in 2018
    Twitter: @RichN95